My first weigh in and disappointed - what did you lose in week 1?

lea8198

Gold Member
Hi guys,

Am i doing this right? I have just restarted weightwaters after 3 years and a baby later and my first weigh in saw 2.5lbs lost. The previous 2 times I have started weightwaters my first week saw 5 and 6lbs lost. I have a lot to lose too so was quite shocked to see such a small loss on week 1. Is this normal? Was i just lucky the last time?

What did you lose in your first week?:confused:

I wouldnt say you had a lot to lose ... And 2.5lb is better then a gain ... You may see a bigger loss next week if it catches up with you :) sometime people have better loses there second week! Good luck and well done

I have lost 3lb on my first week that said I have been doing the old ww system myself before this so I am quite happy with that as a loss for my first week. I have about 24lb to lose . I have felt like I have eaten more on pp and haven't ever been hungry at all this week which has Suprised me!

Well done on the 2.5 loss. It might just be taking your body that little bit longer to kick start. You might have a great loss next week.
Dont let it discourage you

Thanks guys.

It's cool. I am now happy with my loss. 2.5lbs is better than nothing and it has taken me a little while to properly get into it. I am still 2.5lbs lighter than i was this time last week

Slowly slowly is fine with me so long as by July I can get into a summer dress :)

Well done to everyone else that has completed their first week too. It's taking me a while to get into this new system :)

Hi guys,

Am i doing this right? I have just restarted weightwaters after 3 years and a baby later and my first weigh in saw 2.5lbs lost. The previous 2 times I have started weightwaters my first week saw 5 and 6lbs lost. I have a lot to lose too so was quite shocked to see such a small loss on week 1. Is this normal? Was i just lucky the last time?

What did you lose in your first week?:confused:

Sometimes it can take a while for your body to adjust, some people can loose upto 6lbs on the first time and some only 1lb or 2lb, then in 3 weeks time you may loose even more.

I think I only lost 2 or 3lb the first week. And I never ever lost more than 3.5lb in one week. I've still lost 3st though. Don't be striving to lose loads and loads in one week... Lose it slowly and it will stay off more easily. WW only recommends losing 1-2lb per week anyway as a healthy loss, I think you're doing fine xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

2.5lbs is a good loss.... It's in the right direction and also you don't have much to lose (going by your stats)

Well done x

You really don't want to be loosing 3lb a week, that is too much at once... Needs to be slow , so you don't loose muscle tissue as well, as muscle burns fat!!

Its normal for that to happen once you become an "experienced dieter" as it isn't as much of a shock for your body! But honestly, 2.5lbs is a great weigh in!

The first time I did ww, I lost 7lb, 4lb, then 3lb! Nowadays even with a kick start i'd be lucky to shed half a stone in that time..

Back