My first weight loss diary

estefiposhi

I am starting slimming world plan today. My current weight is 65kg and I am a bit anxious that I may fail to achieve my target weight(54kg). I would like to achieve my goal by Christmas. Wish me luck!!!

estefiposhi said:
Hooray!!!!! Had my first 100% day yesterday!!!! Very happy but can't say the same today. I've eaten a lot of biscuits

Bad weekend... My weigh in was worse than I had expected. Anyway I can do this!!!! Started the gym yesterday and had a 100% extra easy day!!!! Total syns 10

Had a good start 14 syns today but I feel it is mission impossible to lose all the pounds I have put on since las Christmas. I would love to get to my target by that time this year... But I doubt it

Hi there. Just wanted to say welcome back and good luck. I recognized myself a bit in your post. I usually have similar thoughts when starting to lose weight, thinking that I can't possibly manage to lose what I've put on and find that it can be really counter productive. If I don't have a good weekly weight loss or if I don't reach my target by the date I've set myself, I end up feeling like a failure and turning to comfort eating. So now, while I still have a goal, I'm trying to focus on the fact that with each lb I lose I'm on the right road to getting to target so even if I don't reach target by the time I'd like, I will still be able to look back at what I have achieved in that time! Have you set any mini-goals to keep you motivated along the way? Lots of people seem to find posting what they're eating at the start/end of the day helps to keep them motivated too (I've just started mine so too early for me to tell!). Anyway, best of luck with your weight loss! :)

sparkles37 said:
Hi there. Just wanted to say welcome back and good luck. I recognized myself a bit in your post. I usually have similar thoughts when starting to lose weight, thinking that I can't possibly manage to lose what I've put on and find that it can be really counter productive. If I don't have a good weekly weight loss or if I don't reach my target by the date I've set myself, I end up feeling like a failure and turning to comfort eating. So now, while I still have a goal, I'm trying to focus on the fact that with each lb I lose I'm on the right road to getting to target so even if I don't reach target by the time I'd like, I will still be able to look back at what I have achieved in that time! Have you set any mini-goals to keep you motivated along the way? Lots of people seem to find posting what they're eating at the start/end of the day helps to keep them motivated too (I've just started mine so too early for me to tell!). Anyway, best of luck with your weight loss! :)

Thank you!! It is great to have people supporting you in this situation. I feel a lot better now. Thanks again and good luck to you!!!

No problem. Looks like we have kind of similar start and goal weights (not great with working out kg). Have you seen the thread about 100 days to Christmas? I just spotted it yesterday and I think it's great! They're noting how many days between now and Christmas that they stick to the plan 100%. I saw a suggestion on it too to print out a sheet with the number of days to Christmas and tick them off if you're 100%, which I'm going to do tomorrow (I think I'm going to color the box green if I stick to plan or red if not). I'm hoping it will be good to have something to focus on as well as the scales!

How did you find today?

sparkles37 said:
No problem. Looks like we have kind of similar start and goal weights (not great with working out kg). Have you seen the thread about 100 days to Christmas? I just spotted it yesterday and I think it's great! They're noting how many days between now and Christmas that they stick to the plan 100%. I saw a suggestion on it too to print out a sheet with the number of days to Christmas and tick them off if you're 100%, which I'm going to do tomorrow (I think I'm going to color the box green if I stick to plan or red if not). I'm hoping it will be good to have something to focus on as well as the scales!

How did you find today?

Wow it sounds like a good thread. Today it was excellent!!!! I went for EE and had only 6 syns!! I'll start walking/ jogging in the park tomorrow!!! How are you doing???

Wiiii!!! Had a great EE day... I had coffe with a dash of milk. (2tsp sugar ) pasta with tuna sauce for lunch and grilled chicken breast with salad for dinner.

estefiposhi said:
Wow it sounds like a good thread. Today it was excellent!!!! I went for EE and had only 6 syns!! I'll start walking/ jogging in the park tomorrow!!! How are you doing???

Can't seem to find that thread you mention...

Sounds great, glad its going well for you! Not sure if it's possible to link to threads. If you go into the main Slimming world forum (don't click into any of the sub-forums) it should be near enough to the top. It's called 100 days to Christmas.

Wiiiiii!!!! Lost a kg!!! Weigh 66 feel very excited about it!!

Just checking in to see how you got on this week. How was your weekend away? Is today your WI day? Hope it's all going well for you!

sparkles37 said:
Just checking in to see how you got on this week. How was your weekend away? Is today your WI day? Hope it's all going well for you!

Hello!!! Thanks for checking in. WI was good. I lost 0.5kg despite all the syns:) my weekend was bad in terms of SW but I exercised a lot so I think that helped. How was yours?

Hello everybody! I was away during the weekend. I ate lots of syns but that didn't affect my weight loss... -0.5!!!! I am back on track now. Yesterday I had 5 syns. Today I will go EE ( meat and veggies) have an excellent day!!!

Back