My Food Diary - getting back to a healthier happier Sarah

Ok so I didn't do Thursday's food diary

B - mullerlight yogurt & banana & 3 snack a jacks (6 Syns)
Snack - cheese toastie ( using bread from heA and cheese from heA)
L - mug shot and natural yogurt with fruit (the fruit was horrible, so so sour!)
D - homemade SW fish and chips with baked beans (2.5 syns)

Drinks, diet coke and robinsons squash

Syns
Snack a jacks 6 Syns
Breadcrumbs 2.5 Syns
Total 8.5/15

Weekly 38.5/105

Ok, food wise yesterday was good :)

I didn't have breakfast, wasn't hungry and by the time I was it was lunch!
L - bacon, 1 slice egg bread (half heB) & beans
D - bacon (was going out of date!!) egg and beans

No Syns food wise just a whole bottle of wine! 24 Syns! And to top it off a couple of bags of crisps probably 20syns :( as I had the drunken munchies! Could have been a lot worse!! I did steer very clear of the buffet at the party which was good :)

Syns - probably about 45/15

Weekly count 83.5/105

Today is going to be a good day - I'm going to make my favourite slow cooker recipe and I may do a couple of SP days until weigh in!

Food for Yesterday

B - toast (HeB) & philli light (HeA)
L - mug shot & pineapple
D - chicken and bacon pasta (light pesto & mayo sauce 3.5syns)

Syns
pesto & mayo saucse (3.5 syns)
Ferrero roche 3 syns

Total 6.5/15
weekly total 90/105

A better day, but I fear I may not lose anything this week. I just feel heavy and bloated :(

Todays Food, also a good day - think I have been making up for my synning on Saturday!

B - fruit salad (pineapple, apple, mango, banana, orange)
Snack - toast (HeB) with philli light on (HeA)
L - left over chicken and bacon pasta
D - As we speak I have my slow cooker full of yummy food. I am having a slow cooked gammon joint with tomatoes, baked beans & new potatoes. It has been cooking since 9.30 this morning. I add spices and veg to give it a bit of a kick!

Syns
packet of crisps 5 syns
pasta sauce 2 syns

total 7 syns

weekly total 97/105

Weigh in tonight - and j have to say I'm not really that positive!

Today's food

B - mullerlight strawberry yogurt & bananas
S - cheese toastie (HeB & HeA no Syns)
L - slow cooked gammon new potatoes & veg
D - sausages, mash & veg

Syns - 1.5 for sausages (0.5 each)

Syns total 1.5/15

Weekly total 98.5/105

I don't think there will be a loss this week, it's my star week which I never get any loss so I will be happy with 1lb but thinking more of a maintain :/

Tesco does a lovely bottle of lambrusco that I love for a low syn drink - it's great for those nights when you don't want to feel deprived and like you can't have anything but it's also only 4% alcohol so not too much of a blow out. It's only 16 syns for the whole bottle :D

Thank you, Im just not sure it would be as good as the 'real' thing! haha

Im not an alcoholic I promise... :p

It was a small loss - 1/2lb was a little disappointed but I know that on * week I usually maintain or put on so at least this is going in the right direction. Im going to be good all week and just hope for a good loss next week.

It's s friends birthday on friday and we are supposed to be having an indian at his but I think I'm going to skip it and opt for a night in (otherwise alcohol will be consumed and bad food!) I really want to lose 4 next week if I can as that would mean club 10 & 1.5stone award.

Also, I want to start going to the gym but people are worrying me saying that they don't lose as well when they bump up the exercise due to water retention? Anyone have any thoughts?

Forgot to say about food for today

So far

B - mullerlight (strawberry) & banana for breakfast
L - Leftover Sausage, mash & veg
D - Steak, asparagus, fine beans and new potatoes with peppercorn sauce (if we can get our friend to pick up a couple of steaks before they close, he works in our butchers)

Syns
sausages - 1 syn
gravy - 1.5 syns
peppercorn sauce - 2.5 syns
yorkshire pud - 4 syns
glass of wine 8 syns (couldn't help myself, other half lit candles and poured a glass to have with dinner - he's a softie sometimes!)

Total - 17/15
weekly - 17/105

Last edited:
Today

am going to try not to sun at all today - I don't need to with the food I have planned so I don't think it will be any problem!

B - Mullerlight cherry with banana
L - Mug shot, fruit & ryvita with philli light (HeA & HeB)
Snack - Small slice of bread and peanut butter
D -Spaghetti bolognese (with spinach and mushrooms) as the OH has got footy training tonight he wanted something with pasta in it. Any leftovers will go to make a lasagne or our lunch tomorrow.

I most likely will have a cheese toastie later with a side salad for a snack. Either that or have parmesan with the bolognese & an alpen bar

Syns - 9/15 for bread and penut butter
weekly total - 26/105

Last edited:
Todays food - went to a friends for the day so didn't have breakfast, so had a pre dinner snack!

L - Baked beans on toast (HeB) & apple
Snack - eggs and bacon
D - Jacket potato & cheese (HeA) & yogurt + grapes for after

Syns
alpen bar - 3
2 x snack a jacks - 4

Should have had lots more veg/fruit today but being out meant I didn't have what I needed with me. I am very pleased with myself as I opted to stay at home instead of going out for a curry & drinks with the OH and friends. Little bit bored at home but glad I stayed on plan today. I better bloody see a good loss next week!!!

Syns 7/15
Weekly total 32/105

Saturdays food

B - Bacon Sandwich (HeB)
D - Homemade chicken kievs, mash and veg (4 syns)

Syns
2x vodka 8 syns
2 glasses of wine 12 syns
breadcrumbs 4 syns

total 24/15
weekly total 56/105

Sundays Food

B - Toast with peanut butter (5 syns)
L - out shopping so didn't have any
D - Homemade slow cooked gammon, fine beans and potatoes (free!)
Snack - SW curry loaf (free and so yummy!)

Syns
peanut butter 5
2x choc biccy 6 syns

total - 11/15
weekly syns - 67/105

Today....

B - Mullerlight with raspberries, cherries & grapes
L - Mug shot & cheese toastie (HeA + HeB)
D - Sausages, Mash & Veg or Chicken and Bacon pasta (either is about 5 syns in total)
Snack - curry loaf & fruit

Total - 5/15 (but will update this later when I have decided on dinner!)
Weekly total - 73/105

Hey guys,

a little disappointed with weigh in this week, only 1 lb off. I thought I had been pretty good so I was a bit deflated - I am going to try even harder this week as I really do want a big loss before the month is out. I think I can do it.

Food for yesterday -

B - overnight oats (HeB) with grapes, raspberries and cherries
L - 2 x mug shot, pear and apple
D - chicken and bacon pasta

syns - 3 for dinner (sauce used)
6 for a couple of biscuits

total 9/15
weekly 9/105

Today

B - overnight oats (HeB) with nectarines, pears and grapes
L - chicken and bacon pasta leftovers
D - not too sure, maybe bolognese or jacket potato will see how I feel later. I have my 84 year old grandmother over so will go with what she prefers.

Syns
2 for sauce
and the rest is yet to be determined!!

total 2/15
weekly total 11/105

Well done on the loss :) Finger crossed you will get a nice big loss next week :) x

Thanks lovely,

I can't really feel pleased about it but its motivating me to do better next week. Two days of porridge oats for breakfast means I'm not snacking in-between meals (although it was good stuff I like that Im not having a snack at all)

Today has been a good day, the oats really do fill me up! Plus I kept busy today (food shopping) so I didn't have time to snack or eat much!

B - overnight oats (HeB) with toffee mullerlight, nectarine and grapes.
D - homemade burger (with garlic, chilli and paprika) with chips beans and egg.

Syns
0/15 :D

Weekly total 12.5/105

I don't think I'm drinking enough water during the day, so this evening I've had so much squash that I physically feel sick. I have a bad headache as I was too dehydrated, silly me! Now chilling watching the footie with a sleeping pup on my lap. Might fall asleep on the sofa!!

Saturday

B - omelette with mushrooms, tomato spring onion
L - Cheese toastie (HeA & HeB)
D - Steak, sauce, asparagus, fine beans, carrots, new potatoes & sweetcorn
Snack - Meringue + cream and raspberries/strawberries

Syns -
18 for sauce, meringue, cream, butter & bottle of beer

18/15
weekly 30.5/105

Sunday
B - bread & two eggs dry fried (HeB)
L - omelette with turkey, ham, tomatoes, onion + SW chips and cheese (HeA)
D - SW Roast, potatoes made with stock. Parsnips, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and chicken (no skin)
S - meringue & cream with raspberries/strawbs

total 13/15
43.5/105

Overall not too bad, as the meringues felt really indulgent! I also spent the afternoon walking the dog and playing hockey with my little brother

Today I'm feeling really deflated

Weighed myself and have lost a measly 2 lbs. Im so annoyed as I really have stuck to the plan properly for 2 weeks and only seen a 3 lb loss :( What else can I do? I feel really annoyed today and could so easily self sabotage!

Todays eats

B - overnight oats with raspberries and strawbs
L - salad and ham with a mugshot
Snack - banana
D - Spag bol (syn free)

syns
meringue (5)
pretels (4)

9/15
weekly total 52.5/105

I don't think I will have any syns tonight, the dinner should fill me up enough to not want anything naughty - plus I don't usually sun one day before weigh in. Overnight oats again for break tomorrow and a light lunch then fingers crossed the OH will cook a nice low syn dinner to come home to after group.

Last edited:
Back