My Food Diary & Hidden Sysn

TheHumphreys

Hi

I have been following slimming world for 3 years since the birth of my second son. I lost a total of 2.5 st. and since going back to work and not being able to attend groups I have gained nearly a stone back.

my meals are and still SW based I couldn't go back to canned or convenient foods. and I couldn't work out why the gain.

So last week I joined here after being a serial lurker and brought a pocket note book. I wrote down all my free foods, super free foods health A B and syns for a week.

on average I consumed between 25-50 syns a day !!! its the hidden things avocados, olives, cake, butter, squash, condiments, biscuit the little things I am having that im not accounting for. I also noticed days where I hade little or no super free foods. definitely have opened my eyes, I am going to continue writing it down as seeing it I found has opened my eyes.

I am going to get back on track and get this weight back off I have a wardrobe of clothes I newly purchased following my weight loss that are gathering dust

Bubbalicious I was totally lying to myself when I say yeah im good I follow SW to write it down opened my eyes !!

I know it works and couldn't work out why I gained or don't loose. time to quit the holiday and get on it

I'm day 3 of counting properly :) and going well I'm continuing to write everything down

Monday - 4.5 syns
Tuesday - 7 syns
Wednesday - 0 syns not sure how I managed that but when looking last night realised I hadn't had anything :0

I'm working from home today which is always bad for me as the kids are at school and the cupboards full but stocked up on grapes and blueberries this morning to stop me reaching for the snacks :)

Thanks Reading Sarah

It really can be an eye opener! I did a proper food diary for the first time about 3 weeks ago, planned my meals and snacks and had a 3lb loss! I had a holiday the week after due to working, lost 1lb last week (no food diary) and my WI is tomorrow at 9! I was at a wedding last weekend and my bday was Tuesday so no food diary again this week but I will certainly be planning and writing everything down again starting tomorrow. I only need 1/2off tomorrow for my 1 stone but I'm not sure how it will pan out :-/ Best of luck :)

Whooooop whoooop 3lb loss!!!!

so please proved writing everything down worked !

even after celebrating my wedding anniversary with wine and champagne.

I also totalled my syns got the week 78 compared with 144 last week. bring on this weeks diary :)

Sarah

Had a cheeky early weigh this morning eeek sitting in 10st could get in to 9's this week BUT it's womens week this weekend so it couldn't be a STS come Monday weigh in going to start prepping I like cheese, sugar and biscuits during those first few days and I plan to buy some low cal options drinks, have the cheese a my A choice and make SW ginger biscuits I've made them before long time ago :)

Thanks for reading Sarah

Hi,
I'm going to subscribe so I can keep up with how your doing. I've just restarted again after a while off plan. Lost 3st last time but just under 1st crept back on so I'm back on the wagon and not going to give up before target this time :) I couldn't believe how many naughty things has crept back into my cupboards, its the little things you don't notice. I'm terrible for forgetting to count condiments and gravy.

Good luck with your journey.

Hi Amy_maria

I know I lost 2st.10 in 2011 and kept it for a year I left group jan 2013 due to times and like you things crept back in my cupboards.

good luck with your journey xxxxx

Having an awful week and its only day 3 !! need to bring it back inline damn those carbs and syns

Weighed in today -1lb I'd hoped for a 2lb loss to get in to the 9's .. plan this weeks stay 100%focussed minimise syns all week except Saturday have a fancy dress party but hoping minimising Syns through the week will help me Saturday

:)

Back