My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

haha don't blame you! Last time I made them i sucked the spoon clean. I've hidden it now not sure where it is.. oops lol.

dinner's changing to bolognese and I'll just make the onion burgers (and photos) for lunch tomorrow :)

I tried the ferrero rocher the other day but I used ryvita. Was way too dry so wouldn't go into balls so we just spooned the mixture over some low fat ice cream. Was still nice! But I'll have to try again. We've got a taster evening on Monday too, so need to do something. I'm not the best cook though, as you can probably tell.

what sorta things do you like? I could give you low syn recipes? :) (adjusted from normal ones. :) )

I used scan bran but had to add some water as well, and then I freeze them.

what sorta things do you like? I could give you low syn recipes? :) (adjusted from normal ones. :) )

I used scan bran but had to add some water as well, and then I freeze them.

Aww, thanks. My boyfriend does all the cooking so I'm set. He's learning the rules and making me some lovely dinners and lunches for that matter. I dunno why but thought for the taster evening I should try to make something myself. I've learned my lesson.

Oh and I had a collie too, 15 years we had him and he was mad as a box of frogs. Sadly he died a couple of years ago, but I love collies! When we took him to the beach he would lift big rocks from the edge of the water and move them back onto the sand. There would be a line of stones when he was done, people used to stop and watch him mesmerised. It was like he was trying to save them from drowning or something. Mental! Anyway, thanks for the offer, might try some of the syn free party dips with carrot sticks or something equally exciting!

Lucky you! I would love it if mine would do that.. he's lazy when it comes to the kitchen. :p But he works hard so I don't mind <3

And bless, your collie sounds lovely! I'm sorry for your loss though. x

Hmm I never thought of dips. there are a few in the fakeaway book I think. I'll go have a hunt for mine then let you know :)

Haha, the only problem is the mess he makes of the kitchen, its like he has a personal challenge to dirty every dish in the house. And it takes him so long to make anything, took over an hour to make a stir-fry last week! He tells me its all the prep... Anyway, I would be lost without him so should stop complaining really...

Thanks for that, any ideas would be really helpful! There are some dips on the SW website too so I'm sure I'll get something sorted...

Hi,

just saw your pictures in the inspiration section so decided to come and check out your diary. Hope you don't mind. You are doing absolutely fantastic, sounds like you are really in the sw zone.

I am loving your food diary those onion burgers look yummy. I'm going to try those this week I have mince in the freezer :)

Oh that is excellent, thanks! Need to go shopping tomorrow to get all the ingredients. Was thinking of trying the chocolate chip cookies off the SW website but I think they are 4 syns each. Is that ok for a taster evening or should I just go with syn free stuff? Also slightly scared that I'll eat them all myself before I get to group...

Hi NewMe, and welcome to my food diary! :D

I'm going to take step by step photos of the onion burgers today for everyone as they've had such a huge interest lol :) I was going to yesterday but I was in a "sod it" mood and had a chicken shish instead.. just about kept in my syns, lol! May have gone one or two over though so I'll stick to 10 today.. :)

But yeah I'm finding SW really easy. I love how I can make new things and adjust it to the SW way, and I can also keep cooking old favourites.. :)

Lougal, if you make them just make a big sign saying they're 4 syns each first! and also post the recipe next to it.
If you're worried you're going to eat them all bung the batter in the freezer and then defrost and bake on the day of your group. :) Of if you think you'll eat them all still ask someone to hide them until group.. OH hides stuff sometimes when I ask him haha. (or puts it up higher than I can reach.. he's 6'4!)

Right yesterdays food :

B : Salted caramel bar, cuppa tea. (part hea)
L : Leftover bolognese
D : chicken shish (11)
I also pinched a few nibbles of the OH's chocolate torte (Oh god it was divine) but it was really rich and I had 4 nibbles so I'm counting that as 4 syns to be safe.. but it may also be more so that's why I'm sticking to 10 today.. :) Better to be safe than sorry!

Today :
B: banana and a cuppa
L: Onion burgers with pics! haha :)
D: Unsure.. Maybe something with lots of super free as I have a lot to use up! I'll probably change my mind. :D

I'm going to also test make my SW swiss roll today because I am adapting the recipe slightly. Will be higher in syns but OH gets to be star tester. :p (I'm going to use squirty cream instead of quark.)
If I stick to the way I've wrote down it will be 5 syns for the lot. (1/2 a syn for baking powder, rest squirty cream.)
May do it just with strawberries today as OH isn't overly fond of mixed berries. I'll probably use mostly strawberries on taster evening, too.
And my fake rochers as well.. :)

people had better be loving me in group! lol :p

Right, today.. :)

B: banana, cuppa. (hea)

L: Batchelors macaroni (1.5) and a pink marshmallow wafer thingie (2.5) (I just couldn't be bothered with SF.. hope it won't show on the scales!)

D: Failed (OH cut the onions too big) onion burgers. (1/2 hea, heb) (1 for mince)
OH forgot we have a food processor for chopping them, haha! So it was kinda burgers with fried onions.. lol.
Also had airfried chips (3) with them, and a salad.. I was far too full!)

so, so far have had 8 syns.. so 7 left :) gunna do an attempt at the swiss roll in a sec.. just letting the food settle! Feel so stuffed!

here's a photo of dinner :)

DGFi3tT.jpg

and my lovely chips :king:

feBHcZZ.jpg

Right, pics for the onion burgers.

1. Roll mince into balls, place in pan.

UZAGPDU.jpg

2. Place onions on top!

eZmWyp0.jpg

3. Use onions to help squish into pattys (both burgers)

YaWbtL2.jpg

4. Flip burgers so they're on top of the onions.

r6pUwGP.jpg

5. put cheese slices on burgers

JUhFhbv.jpg

6. When fully melted the burgers should be fully cooked. Serve up and enjoy!

Ie7MoHP.jpg

Well, Tesco let me down, no quark. So I've done houmous dip with carrot, cucumber and sliced pepper crudites, a cherry tomato and parmesan frittata (technically he cooked it, but I did all the prep) and a chilled gazpacho.

No time for cookies, big brother is on soon. Also forgot the sweetcorn so the sweetcorn and chive fritters aren't going to happen either. Damn, I'm so disorganised...

Ah well, there's plenty there! Gonna try those dips another time though. Oh and your onion burgers, they look fab! Thanks again!

Lol we bought the air fryer today and I forgot potatoes.. Had to mass google local co-ops to find one open to buy some..
I know how it is to be dis-organised ;) haha x

Just enjoy yourself while you're there. :D

Hiya hun,

Thanks for the step by step pictures of the onion burgers. I'm going to try these this week maybe Wednesday after weigh in :D. What day do you weigh in?

I made a SW cheesecake for my taster group it was ok I used quark I wouldn't be in a rush to make again I'd rather a piece of the real thing! :)

I weigh in on tuesdays :)
If you make them make sure to cut the onions smaller than my OH does, lol. :)

I've tried the SW cheese cake and I agree.. But I just made up a recipe for a swiss roll and it's amazing!! 9 syns for all of it. Although I've only eaten less than a syns worth.

p01FVKa.jpg

going to make this again tuesday morning for the taste tester.. going to make two because one won't be enough for everyone lol. And some fake rochers!
But it's actually sweet, the cream instead of using something like quark makes it much better. (if you want a treat may as well go the whole way if it can still stay on plan!) and I added a bit of flour (where half of the syns come from) in the batter so it isn't an eggy thing! hmmm!!!

just had another slice so I'm gunna up it to 10 syns used today to be on the safe side. :D

Off to bed now, so I don't eat more of it.. I did wanna stay under 10 syns today after all. :D

Your Swiss roll looks the business. Very yummy :)

I have a blender so will get the onions chopped a bit smaller I hate chopping onions!

Back