My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

Well done next week you will get it :)xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thank you. :)

Quite happy to be in the next stone bracket lol. :D

Feeling like I am starving this morning! Gunna have an early lunch today as I have to leave by 11am.. No idea what to have though! I may do some couscous. Or some Rice.. not sure haha!

so far had a salted caramel bar.. hmm.. :)

Yesterday I had a risotto again, and syns were used up with malteasers :)

Today tomato rice.. salted caramel bar as my hexb.

Didn't update yesterday because it was a naff day! Ended up quite upset for most of it.. :/ Oh well. I didn't go over my syns though so.. hurray for that at least. :)

I wrote up a huge reply earlier but typically I forgot to click "reply"!

Well done on your loss hun & the next stone bracket that is a great achievement. sorry to hear you were upset yesterday I hope you are feeling better today xx (((((((big squishy hugs))))) I'm having fish for dinner today for a change I hope it's nice. :)

Thank you both. :D
How did your weigh in go yesterday? I hope that you enjoy the fish! :D

And I was just upset because I have a problem with my feet, I have water in them (looks like they're swollen) and I've had this since I was 12.
Because of this the only shoes I can fit into are trainers since they're really flexible. So to keep it smart I have brandless all black trainers.
I explained my situation on the first day of the voluntary work, but on Wednesday the manageress complained because it's a government building. I explained my situation to her as well and she said "Well you have to buy a new pair of smart shoes"
So I went to a shoe shop when I finished on weds, and because of how my feet are they wouldn't fit in any of the shoes.
I was as good as told that if I don't get some I can't volunteer there, so I can't volunteer there.
This really upset me because I felt really discriminated against. I'm not disabled in any way, I can walk fine, run fine, fully flexible (I can even get my big toe in my mouth! A bit disgusting though haha ;) ) but they've pretty much said that since I can't wear smart shoes I have to declare myself as disabled if I need to wear them in a work place! No job I've ever had has complained about this before, and in fact they have all been fine with it. Including official office work! And any voluntary work I've done before have just been thankful for the free help and something like this didn't matter at all.

But yeah, I'll be writing a "written complaint" so they can't ignore it, and I will also complain to the local MP and the papers as well if they don't apologise. It's appalling behaviour from their side, even more so since I explained it all to them right away. And they said it was fine at first!

I have spoke about this to the doctors before and they have said that it should go down with my weight, yet they don't appear to have gotten any smaller. So appointment will be booked for tomorrow afternoon and I'll ask if they can drain my feet or something, as I don't want for this to effect any potential jobs I could have.. Sigh..

But yeah, today I'm not really upset as much, just really angry with them. I hope that the woman gets a disciplinary for discriminating against me!

Oh MelonCollie - that is awful I would have been really upset too as it's awful to be singled out like that for something you can't help. I am outraged on your behalf! How dare they be so cheeky and discriminatory when you are giving them work for nothing!

I know it probably doesn't help and you have thought of these things before but have you tried extra wide shoes or buying a size bigger?

Honestly though they are being ridiculous - it is not like you are turning up in flip flops - black trainers can look smart. And so what if it's a government building I work for the NHS office and you should see the state of some of my co-workers who never see the public.

MC , Im so sorry to hear about this. And so proud of you to make complain about it. This is something I do not understand. You do work - without pay - and they act like that. Well - seems some people just put them selfs in others shoes.

Im lucky one I dont have this problem but my granny had and there is nothing much we could do about it. Only thing that helped was bill that gets water out of you ( well - makes you pee - a lot ) but it did take help her.

Hope weight loss will help you. Be strong hun. And smile :)

Snow : I already wear trainers 2 sizes bigger lol. :) At least my toes never get squashed.. Always look at the bright side lol :D
How is it working for the NHS?

Moo : I'll ask my doctor about that, I wonder if he'll be able to find out what it's called from the peeing info though, hehe :p
But yeah, I'm of exactly the same opinion! I have no idea why they were so rude when I was helping for free!
Thank you though :) You've been most helpful. :D It's nice knowing there's something out there that will be able to help me :D

And Sucking malteasers is easy to not over syn, as when you get to about 12 without a drink your tongue begins to hurt haha!

Had bolognese for dinner and used up the rest of my syns on meringue and malteasers.

There wasn't as much veg as normal in my bolognese but I wanted something quick.

zBWWxsS.jpg

Oh I have a couple of pairs of size 11 converse trainers I got in a sale so I imagine that you have plenty of toe room! (There are fairly boat like but I was a 10 when I bought them they were only one size too big at the time and so cheap.)

I imagine a prescribed diuretic might help so might be worth seeing your gp? Not that you should have to!

Working for the NHS is okay - I like most of my job and work on a good team - I am not patient based I should add but work with prescribing data and informatics. It's a bit rubbish that everyone thinks it's cushy because it's public service and yet at the same time staff are just considered just a massive cost to the NHS so undeserving of pay rises etc and we're always understaffed and busy because it's getting approval for recruitment is tough.

Moo : I'll ask my doctor about that, I wonder if he'll be able to find out what it's called from the peeing info though, hehe :p
But yeah, I'm of exactly the same opinion! I have no idea why they were so rude when I was helping for free!
Thank you though :) You've been most helpful. :D It's nice knowing there's something out there that will be able to help me :D

Hope your doc can help you. I do not know the name of the tablets but I know they work - we all know we should not take other peoples bills - right ? its not safe and could be really bad thing for you. Please dont do it
But I did - at my 160 kg 25 st 3 and hot summer my legs were raising like self raisin flour - and I had hard time walking and standing , but my work is standing up - so I got tablets from my granny to try maybe it will help and it did. I had one tablet in morning, by the time day ended my feet were back to normal- and this lasted for 2 - 3 days , then again. I Did not needed tablets long time, only for 2-3 weeks of hot summer. But my granny had one every day. I must say her feet never were perfect but they were much smaller ( keep in mind she was 91 years old, this counts too =) )
Good luck with dec - hope there is something for you

Hey there mc. Sorry to hear you've been feeling down. I think you're doing great on SW and you're really inspirational.

Just to let you know, I have the same problem with my feet and it's awful in the summer. I get so embarrassed! I used to be on diuretics. The one I had was called furosemide. There are a few other diuretics we often prescribe for water retention but I find that most of my patients get the most benefit from furosemide. It will make you wee a helluva lot though!

I know it sucks to have swollen feet all the time and I was gutted when I lost some weight and my feet were still swollen but hopefully you will get there as the weight continues to fall off. I'm lucky I'm on a&e right now so they welcome black trainer type shoes but when I'm doing real ward work I look ridiculous wearing smart doctor-style clothes and my clunky Clarks orthopaedic shoes (which still don't hide my fluid filled feet from busting out above the buckle).

Your employer is being absolutely abhorrent. They ought to be disciplined for that kind of behaviour and they owe you an apology. And to think your volunteering out of the goodness of your heart! Some people eh?

MC I an completely shocked and appalled that they have treated you that poorly. It's not like you turned up in your scruffs!!

Definitely write the letter and complain because its unfair treatment and prejudice of them. Makes me sick to my stomach.

I had a lot of water retention during pregnancy, especially in my feet so I know how uncomfortable it can be. I lived in flip flops so they are lucky you have the consideration to wear smart trainers!!

So mad!!!

Hope you are ok MC some people just don't have a clue,well done for complaining though it's one thing I never do even with a very valid reason so I think that's really brave if you and well done for staying within your syns at a time of stress it's the hardest! :) :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Quick update - been in to complain and they obviously didn't give a ****. Was dismissed within 2 mins of going in!
Will update properly when I'm home. Just thought I would update quickly from the bus :)

Thank you all for your lovely help and responses.. :)
Glad I decided to wait until on the computer to reply.. I wonder how long it would have taken to type a reply out to everyone on my phone! lol!

Snow : I'm trying to make an appointment to see my GP today (their computers are down and I was told to try again at 10am though)
I had a quick google of the word diuretic.. Apparently it's for high blood pressure and mine's normal so.. Wondering if they'll still prescribe it to me? Can't hurt to ask them though! :)
And I'm glad you like working for the nhs, sounds a bit crazy staff wise though! Have you been told anything about the NHS going private? Or if you have are you even allowed to say? haha

Moo : I'm glad the tablets helped you and your grandma :) Must say now that you've mentioned the summer side of things mine are normally worse in the summer as well. Will also mention this to the doctors. Thank you xxx

Timmie : I've had it for so long now I rarely get embarrassed about it any more. I just get upset when it means I can't do stuff. :( I would love to be able to wear nice shoes though! A girl can dream. :D
Thank you for the names of the diuretics. I'll write them all down and ask my doctor. I wonder if furosemide is the one Moo was talking about? Since you also mentioned the weeing thing haha :D
I know exactly what you mean by busting from the buckle though.. That's exactly why i wear shoes too big for me because mine did the same. My ankles are also quite swollen with it which has made it so I never want to wear shorts or anything. Socks always leave a huge dented mark in my legs because of it as well, and I wear mens socks. :/
And I'm not volunteering for them any more.. Will do an update for that at the end of replying to everyone.
Thank you so much for your help. :)

Lisa : I forgot that pregnant women often get it. I wonder what they would have done if a staff member got pregnant and couldn't wear normal shoes? Probably fire her!
I'll be writing up a letter after I'm done responding to everyone here and other subscribed threads. I still can't believe how rude they were!!!

Aimz : Thank you. :) And I have to complain because water retaining in feet is a common problem and I don't want other people to get the same attitude as I have had.

Right, well today..
8:45am I get to the building. Had to wait outside until 9 for them to unlock their doors. There were also a few pissed off members of the public outside the front whom had appointments for 8:50am and such.. Lovely.
9am I'm in there and I speak to the guy who was in charge of volunteers. He said I had to wear smart shoes and asked where I looked at shoes. I told him Matalan as that's where the woman suggested, and he said "Can't you just buy ballet pumps or something?" I explained my trainers are two sizes too big, and asked if he wanted to see my feet and he just said no. He then said "Because you can't wear suitable uniform I'm terminating your placement." and then pretty much dismissed me. I checked my phone when outside of the building and it was 9:02am. so I got two whole minutes of his time!

I'll be writing up a formal letter of complaint about him and the manageress. I left there holding in tears because of how rude and blunt he was.
I'm assuming they will be ignoring any complaints I make, in which case I will complain to the local MP as well. Depending on what they do I may also complain to the local papers as I know they would love a story knocking them down.
I won't let them get away with this. I honestly can't believe the rudeness of some people! Oh well.

I was greeted by snogs and over excited jumping when I got home which cheered me up. Gotta love my girlies. Although I didn't quite like myself laughing at their excitedness and then one of them grabbing the opportunity to stick their tongue in my mouth... Not yummy!!!
Brushed my teeth again and have also had a salted caramel bar. Not had any more tongue action though
:8855:

Writing everything up has made me feel better, so thank you to you all. :)
And luckily it's just timed rightly for 10am and me trying to book an appointment again! :)

oh my goodness mc I've just caught up. Some people are just so rude I remember when I was pregnant on my first my feet got really swollen and I couldn't wear my work shoes I worked in a pretty fancy restaurant but they allowed me to wear whatever shoes I wanted that were comfy. You are so right to complain I wouldn't be letting this go either. The bloody cheek of some people. Hope you manage to get your appointment and that you have a nice Friday :) xx

Got one booked for 4:50, which should give us enough time to get there.
I'm also going to mention my weird periods because * week is here again and it's starting to annoy me lol! A friend said I'll probably have a blood test and ultra sound.. Yay cold goo haha.

And I would have loved for them to allow me to wear whatever shoes are comfy! Your work sounds nice. :)

Going to make a bolognese for lunch I think.. I bought a lot of quorn mince haha. (3 for £5 in tesco atm, and they're normally £3 a pack)

MelonCollie a diuretic is basically anything that makes you wee thus reducing water and swelling so there are several natural ones (peppermint tea for example but also green tea and dandelion tea and celery I think but prescribed ones are more stronger/effective, they don't all reduce blood pressure - I think the ones that do are called loop diuretics so they should be something you can get that won't do that. Hopefully they can do something for * week as well.

I am sorry they were increasingly rubbish this morning but clearly they didn't deserve your time anyway!

We haven't been told anything about things going private though we are see some of the external services that access data being bid and managed by private companies which I think is the start of it but they are managing the sort of services no-one else wants because they are expensive so not sure how they are going to make money doing it and then hopefully there will be less interest.

Back