My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

It's a shame that your coat is ruined, Lisa :(

I went and had a look in asda today, but the only one I really liked only went up to size 18.. and no way will I fit in that! lol.

Sorry for not updating really.. have stuck to plan, just been enjoying the weekend with the mister. :)

Been practising with baking as well for the taster and I've come up with a chocolate orange cake, it needs to be sweeter though so I'm thinking more sweetner. I'm also thinking of making a layer of syn free orange jelly with gelatine and robinsons orange squash. Maybe I'll put orange chunks in the jelly as well, and do that in the cake tin so it's the right size the night before.. then that can go in the middle? I don't know if it will hold up well to the heat at group though lol!
Cake works out at just under 9 syns for the lot, so cutting into 6 (huge) pieces makes one slice 1.5 syns.. not bad! And nice with a cuppa.

here's some photos of the test cake :)

AuC4V70.jpg vBbNP4a.jpg QqrRDob.jpg

that looks yummy mc. I'd eat that right now! Can I ask where you got the receipe? You always have great ideas :)

Oh wow that looks phenomenal! You're so creative!

I just invent the recipes haha.. play about until it works and all lol. But mostly it's adjusting non-sw recipes to work in an sw way. :) I shall copy the recipe I wrote to a friend on facebook chat. The whole cake is 5 syns. Anything extra is more ofc! Like I had choc shot on mine with oranges. I am tempted to cut it in half and put an orange jelly inside and some cream instead of chocshot though.. Will have to test it. :)

items for cake batter : eggs, sweetner, vanilla essence, baking powder, flour.

First separate 7 large eggs into two large bowls.
Whisk (easier with an electric one) the whites until they're stiff.
In the yolk bowl measure 22g flour, 55g sweetner (I think you may need more) and a cap of vanilla essence and 2 tea spoons of baking powder, cream it all together.
Fold in the whites to the yolk mix until all the whites are folded in.
next put the oven on 170, then get a cake tin, spray with fry light and then line with baking paper (frylight makes the paper stick which is useful when putting the mix in lol) then pour in the mix. Leave it to bake until golden and test the cake with a skewer. If there's no cake on the skewer then it's cooked lol.
Leave to cool and then do whatever you want to it

forgot to mention tea tonight was a tomato pasta with onions garlic and mushrooms and a small bit of chicken :)

QpwgXca.jpg

And I've used 12 syns today (most on cake!!)

Will have a proper update tomorrow and check in with everyones diaries then.. Have been having a great time with the mister. :) We sure did need some proper us time, even though most of it was walking the dogs and watching netflix haha!

Last edited:
Ohh sounds like you've had a nice weekend, too :)

But yeah, food wise for the weekend we had a curry, pasta.. nothing out of the normal lol :)

Exercise wise was normal for the weekend since the woofs get extra walks. I may go on the treadmill today, too.. depends on my mood haha :p

One of the things we watched on netflix was this documentary about this guy that ate mcdonalds for a month (all 3 meals) and he put on over a stone! And the doctors were advising him to quit at 20 days. I felt bloated just watching it. Also WTF at amerian size portions?!?!?!

But yeah.. It explained some things for me and I'm not shocked that I feel healthier with what I eat now. Sure I didn't eat mcdonalds that often but we also had other take aways before SW.. (chinese, kfc, pizza...)
Oh well, lol.

How are you all doing? I hope that everyone is well.. :)

ahhh, was that 'supersize me' you watched?

when we were in the US a couple of months ago, we didn't notice any difference in size of the macdonalds burgers or fries, or much of any other food we had out there?....we were expecting super size plates of everything!
But the drinks/pop etc were definitely bigger!

I've been in places in the US and the size of the portions is crazy. I remember once getting nachos to swear they came on a plate for about ten people not 2. We didn't even put a dint in them. Waitress came back and thought we didn't like them but that wasn't the case we just couldn't eat anymore! Needless to say we couldn't eat our mains either and it all ended up in doggie bags for us to take back to our hotel which went in the bin. Such a waste of food really.

Best of luck for weigh in today mc and I hope your cake goes down really well. I think I'm going to make your Swiss roll again for tomorrow :)

I had a sts. I feel ill and bloated. Totm is coming again after 2 weeks again. :/ Sigh. Hormonal as hell because of it as well! I need to change the anti baby pill I'm on I think. I've had this one since I got rid of the implant and it's slowly getting me down.
I'm not bothered by totm, but I feel really blah ( It's why I haven't been on much) and just run down. My tummy also feels really tight and bloated which isn't fun, lol. I was half expecting it with how horrible I felt!
I still baked the cake but wore gloves and all, but I left after weigh in so no idea how other people's Christmas food tasted :(

Sorry to hear that MC. Hopefully a achange will settle everything down and you will have a great loss as it will all be water retention. Sometimes it can take a few months for a new pill to settle too. It's horrid though :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You should definitely change your pill - I take Cerazette and I'm on it all the time so no periods at all, it's great! Hope you get something sorted soon but try to stay positive, you'll have a great loss next week I'm sure.

I'm just about reaching 3 months on the new pill, now. :/
The implant I had before was like cerezette, same stuff in it and all. The pill I'm on now though is Cerelle. They said Cerelle was the only one I could have if my BMI is over 35. Whcih doesn't explain why the implant I had was different, as I was fat when I got that, too!

Not feeling too great so far. :( I've been sick this morning (not nice when you haven't eaten!) and I'm also quite fevery.
I've also eaten 4 chocolates from a box of celebrations, no idea on the syns but I'm just gunna count them as a syn each because I've only been having small ones.

Tempted to just eat buttered toast all day, lol! I know I'll gain if I do that, though. :(

I may look into different forms of anti-baby stuff. I don't want to do the implant again because of my complications with it getting inserted (It wouldn't heal for 3 months and I got left with a massive scar.) the injection I don't want to do as it can't get removed, and I don't want to deal with bad effects if something doesn't agree with me, and I am quite scared of the coil, lol.. Oh well :/

I've been on the pill (cerezette) and the implant (same stuff) since I was about 18. I got the implant when I was 21, got it removed 3 months ago because it expired, and it's just this new one completely messing up with me :(

Do you mind me asking what you use as protection? Or is it just the basic - condoms? I may have to go back to basics, lol. (Don't know how happy the mister would be with that. My mum said I should just tie his man bits into a knot, lol!!)

Im on the mini pill- noristhorine (or a similar spelling!) and although I take it every day at the same time I still get TOTM when I'm not meant to! It's my third mini pill since Reece was born (20 months ago!) as I had fluctuations in weight and mood with a lot of others.

I was taken off the combined pill due to migraines as apparently its an increase risk to strokes!! Not nice. Plus I gained a lot of weight (I also suffer from PCOS so it was a double whammy!)

Don't be afraid to go back and tell the doctor its not working for you. There are so many variations of contraceptive pills and the doctor will always try the most common first but what works for everyone else doesn't have to work for you. And it shouldve settled by now.

Back