My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

Afternoon mc, sorry to hear you STS. That is so annoying def go to your doctor and have a chat you shouldn't be having totm again two weeks later.

I bet they all loved your cake you made. I made your Swiss roll and took home an empty lunch box I should have made two of them.

Try and not be to down I know how hard it is to stay on track when all you feel like doing is going for the buttery toast or raiding the goodie press but I've learnt if you do that you will only feel ten times worse that you do now.

Look how far you have some so far, you are doing so well and should be very proud of yourself. :) xx

I'm just about reaching 3 months on the new pill, now. :/
The implant I had before was like cerezette, same stuff in it and all. The pill I'm on now though is Cerelle. They said Cerelle was the only one I could have if my BMI is over 35. Whcih doesn't explain why the implant I had was different, as I was fat when I got that, too!

Not feeling too great so far. :( I've been sick this morning (not nice when you haven't eaten!) and I'm also quite fevery.
I've also eaten 4 chocolates from a box of celebrations, no idea on the syns but I'm just gunna count them as a syn each because I've only been having small ones.

Tempted to just eat buttered toast all day, lol! I know I'll gain if I do that, though. :(

I may look into different forms of anti-baby stuff. I don't want to do the implant again because of my complications with it getting inserted (It wouldn't heal for 3 months and I got left with a massive scar.) the injection I don't want to do as it can't get removed, and I don't want to deal with bad effects if something doesn't agree with me, and I am quite scared of the coil, lol.. Oh well :/

Hi hun - there are good and bad sides to all contraceptive methods and the more you read into them the scarier some become.
If its any consolation from a personal point of view - I have the Mirena coil fitted, its my 2nd one and I have had no problems, side effects or TOTM for over 8yrs now. I have it in for 2 more years and then wont be needing anything else as Im now menopausal.

My daughter who is 29 also had the Mirena coil fitted and had no trouble at all, she had it removed to try for her baby and will be getting it back in after her 6 week check.

Lots to think about hun - but do what you feel is right x

I used to have the injection in the butt every 3 months, had that for years about 15!
never had a problem, but then the docs/nurse said i had been on it too long and also you shouldnt really have it over 40:rolleyes:
so now i have the implant, which again no probs, unless they say i will be too old for that soon lol

I guess you just got to try different things til you get something else that suits

hope you feel better soon, and hope you get a good loss next week :)

Hey mc, sorry you're not having a wonderful time but I hope you're feeling better soon. You've done so well so far - 1 week where things didn't go great is tiny in the large scheme of your really successful journey so far.

From a medical point of view and from personal experience, the mirena is great as is the copper coil (if you don't have painful/heavy periods in the first place). I've had both and not had any problems. The only reason I got the mirena out and went back to copper is because I get freaked out when I don't have periods and the mirena stopped them. The good thing about coils and implants rather than pills is the effects of the hormones only affect the womb and ovaries rather than the whole body. There are so many pros and cons to each type of contraception as others have said but your doctor should be able to talk through them all with you.

You're such an inspiration to us all. Keep going, you're a star. I'm sure we're all happy to talk of you ever need anyone to turn to!

Aww you're all lovely! Thanks for all your kind words and suggestions re : contraception. (I'm glad that no one else followed my mum and said to tie a knot in his junk. ;) )
But yeah, a lot to think about and a lot to talk to the doctor about. :) I think I'll go tomorrow if I'm feeling a bit better.

yesterday I just had a lot of naps and ate tomato pasta (I thought it would be better than eating a loaf of bread, lol!) But I did make up a huge amount and had quite a few small portions. And I didn't throw up so hurray!
Today I feel feel a bit so so in my tummy, but it's mostly cramps from TOTM now (Boo :( ) and still overly hormonal! And also still mad at the OH for leaving the box of celebrations at home, but all my fave ones are gone now so I don't really wanna snack on them any more (when did they stop the truffle one? I loved that one, and want it back!!)

But yeah, breakky today is chancing a cuppa again. And I'll probably have a special K bar. I'm also already on 3 syns because I ate 2 big chocolates.. oops! :D (Is it me or does chocolate make EVERYTHING better?)

here's a photo of my dinner yesterday. Took an hour to eat it but I ate it. :) It also had in onions and a small bit of creme fraishe because i needed to mellow the taste a bit, lol.
4gVRwtf.jpg

Well there were none in the tin. :(

Just found out they are 2 syns each, so I probably went a few over my syns yesterday, and I've had 5 today so I'm already on 10 syns. And I want more. :( I may just not have any more syns today and avoid them from now on, lol.

can't believe the truffle ones are no more :( I loved those ones and the malteaser ones also my favourite! that's one thing I hate about Christmas is the big tubs of sweets lying around, tempting you into having one then it becomes 2 and 3.

Think I'm going to have to Sellotape my mouth together this Christmas!

Glad your feeling a little better today hun, totm is a real pain the you know what. I get so crampy too it's horrible what us girls have to go through.

Xx

Maybe they just don't have many? Could be I got really unlucky with our tin, lol!

Must say it doesn't help that I'm craving the chocolates like mad with TOTM. I'm making savoury snacks to fill up on instead. I also have some syn free jelly in the fridge :)

And yeah I hate the cramps. :/ I've been taking pain killers a fair bit today! I think I may have to have another with my lunch.. When I decide what lunch is! lol. I may make some batchelors pasta as I can't be bothered with cooking properly.

Lazing around watching netflix in my pjams and new (but ruined, Thank you Arya for chewing one last night!!) slippers. Toasty and warm. :)

I'll be cutting up the small last bit of the carpet with OH when he gets home. I've moved everything off it. :) And the wall is coming down saturday so the furniture will be moved around, then. Or I could do it today.. lol. It's all piling up in the conservatory to get at the carpet now, though.
and I think we're getting new floors in a months time, so I have a month to get rid of the wall paper and paint the walls. Will just be magnolia for now, but it's better than nothing! I have no idea how we should lay the room out, though.. we have two huge computer desks in here and I'm not sure where they should go. :/

Saying that I now just realised the desks don't have to go together, and I have a good plan! TV will go next to my desk in corner B, and sid can move to corner D or E depending on how close he wants to go to the kitchen. It will mean far more room in the living room hopefully.. And will give him his own man's area!

I think the truffles went last year actually sadly :( - I loved them too. Celebrations are my fav chocolates because I like most of them but if you could just get a big tin of the malterser and truffles that would be ideal (or probably very dangerous actually for me.)

I hate deciding where furniture will go - my OH always wants to try out several things and by the end I am always in favour of the lastest layout we tried just so I don't have to move anything again

Haha it's me that's the fussy one with where everything should go, here. :p
OH has agreed to what I want to do, so hurray! We'll be moving it around this weekend, and it should also help more with me painting for the next month. (I get very easily distracted and just end up drawing inappropriate pictures with the paint.. and then painting over! Willies are a must haha)

I think I may give myself a break over christmas to eat all the chocolates. I want truffle ones now lol. :( So sad they no longer do them!!

Dinner yesterday was just batchelors rice with an onion gravy. (No syns, I used tomato purée to thicken it.) I'll post a pic later.

We're low on money now. :( (Luckily got a lot in!) so I'm going to have to budget cook. I'm thinking for tea tonight frozen veg, small roasties. (I'll cut them into squares and just put them in the teafel air dohickey) with some eggs or something.. yum. :) I'll probably have batchelors pasta again for lunch today. (Sticking with the cheap!)

Phoning a local pet rescue later to ask if they need any help in their shop local to me. It'll get me off my bum during the day and I doubt they'll care if I wear trainers! I'll probably just do mornings, and afternoons will be dogs and DIY. but it's something to put on my C.V. and it's also something close to my heart, so win win :)

Ah well at least you got your own way. My OH is onto my just picking the last configuration ways so I never get mind. I am broke at the moment too - payday seems an age away so will definitely be a cupboard/freezer week for meal . Thinking about batch cooking again at the weekend as it made the soup challenge easy so will be doing so spag bol/chilli and maybe fish pie etc at the weekend.

A pet rescue sounds like a really good idea for volunteering!

Haha it's me that's the fussy one with where everything should go, here. :p
OH has agreed to what I want to do, so hurray! We'll be moving it around this weekend, and it should also help more with me painting for the next month. (I get very easily distracted and just end up drawing inappropriate pictures with the paint.. and then painting over! Willies are a must haha)

I think I may give myself a break over christmas to eat all the chocolates. I want truffle ones now lol. :( So sad they no longer do them!!

Dinner yesterday was just batchelors rice with an onion gravy. (No syns, I used tomato purée to thicken it.) I'll post a pic later.

We're low on money now. :( (Luckily got a lot in!) so I'm going to have to budget cook. I'm thinking for tea tonight frozen veg, small roasties. (I'll cut them into squares and just put them in the teafel air dohickey) with some eggs or something.. yum. :) I'll probably have batchelors pasta again for lunch today. (Sticking with the cheap!)

Phoning a local pet rescue later to ask if they need any help in their shop local to me. It'll get me off my bum during the day and I doubt they'll care if I wear trainers! I'll probably just do mornings, and afternoons will be dogs and DIY. but it's something to put on my C.V. and it's also something close to my heart, so win win :)

Doing good girl. Hope you can get the job in pet rescue , that would be awesome. But then could be heartbreaking too. Anyway best of luck hun =)
About money is tight I know everything. Atm we working with 2 pounds a day. This is tricky but we will manage- lot of pasta, rice and tomato-bean soups, sauces and all other things like that =) This week been extra hard as Im on challenge to get 15 speedy food into my menu and because of low budget its very hard to get all 15 things in. Yesterday I missed 2 speedy foods. Dont know how I will copy today - doing my best
Just like you do =) giving up is not an option, we will keep moving and one day soon we will get there =) hugs and lot of sun xxx

Ohh that sounds like a fun challenge moo! I bet it is hard when you're on low funds though.
The pet rescue would jsut be helping in their shop to raise money. They asked me to pick up an application form so I shall do that tomo morning. :)

Snow : I went through the freezer today and found some breaded Camembert! 12 syns each though... I want it!
But yeah found some quorn and stuff so quite happy. (Also mini twisters that I only just remembered about now after I used up the rest of my syns!!)

Food today:

B: chewy D, tea
L: Cheese and broccoli batchelors pasta
D: Pasta and meatballs. Tinned toms, onion, garlic, peppers. :)

Here's a photo of dinner yesterday and today x

wiL1Rpj.jpg NH8mO06.jpg

I've found using syns for what you can get the most out of is the best way for me. Say if you save all 15 of your syns, that's 30 malteasers. with a hot drink and sucking on them it's amazing!

Or a lovely hot chocolate with some whipped cream I find is amazing. (although I just realised I went one syn over due to miscalculations. Oops. Haha.)

But yeah, it's finding what satisfies your needs. And honestly sometimes when I'm really frustrated I do go over, but I just flexi syn it or take some off the next day. :)
I find it really hard when TOTM is here!

Food today :

B : 3 kfc chicken strips (9)
L : batchelors rice, bacon buttie (hexb)
D : potato chunks with egg bacon and fried mushrooms.

Syns : kfc (9), 2 chocolate eclaires (3) hot chocolate (3) cream (1) Total : 16. And I didn't pinch any chips from the mister with his KFC so I feel quite proud of myself for today. :D

I forgot to take photos of food, but here's one of my hot chocolate. :p Please ignore the stained mug, the cream over filled it haha. It was so worth it though! Hmmmmmm.

7OBfDlh.jpg

So, all the carpet is ripped up in the living room apart from one tiny bit, and living room is moved around and looks so much better. Also finished ripping down the wall apart from a small bit where there's wires (OH needs a tracer that he forgot to borrow from work) but with how much he took out the room looks so much better!

Super confused though. The people that owned the place did the house weirdly. The carpets didn't fit properly, under the carpets (that are now gone) it was half tiled.. Wtf??? I shall not pretend to understand these people. We've already decided they lacked a few general life skills brain cells. (The window seal in the room that was for their kids was mouldy.. Only needed a wipe over and then a spray with anti mould spray and we've not had any since!) and they didn't fix a leaky bath, and there was about 50 (okay 3-4) layers of wallpaper... Oh well lol!

So yeah, deffo got a fair bit of body magic in today even though the girls had a rest day from walks. :) I'm happy! :D (which is weird with it being that time of the month! it's probably because of the hot chocolate haha)

Lovely morning today! OH has gone and bought me a whole bag of malteasers that should last for a while. :D

Breakfast today was a bacon and egg sandwich, yum!

Here's a photo. :) (I love how my camera makes the bread look white, lol! It is wholemeal :) )

jDQBbB9.jpg

going to snack on strawberries after going to the tip with the last bit of carpet. :)

Both your hot chocolate and sandwich look lovely! Everywhere seems to have the multipacks of funsized maltesers for a £1 at the moment for Halloween so I have stocked up.

Mister got me a huge sharing bag that I can just measure out at night. May get some air tight container thingie to keep them in though lol.

Kitchen is completely re-done now as well (for reorganising. No new kitchen yet </3 ) and it's much nicer looking! It sure has been a productive weekend here lol. Although I have some dishes to do again, blah!

May have to stock up on some of the halloween bags as well, will pop into asda after the tip I think. :) (I ended up getting distracted from the carpet!)

Starting to feel hungry again now, and I haven't had my strawberries yet. I bought some bananas yesterday as well, just grabbed them and they aren't even ripe yet!

I'm thinking of saving all of my syns and having another hot chocolate tonight, and sprinkling some crumbled malteasers on top.. But then again I prefer sucking them so may not sprinkle some on top haha :p

Back