My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

Sorry for not updating much lately, been a bit moody with myself lol!
Realised that I picked up wheatgerm bread and not wholemeal so I've been having 5 extra syns a day. :/ Sigh.

I'm deffo expecting a gain today. I also have a huge allergic reaction on my right leg and it's swollen and everything.. Deffo not my week lol!

Food wise I've been good, had a nice high veg pork pasta yesterday, and carbonora. :) Day before was carbonora and batchelors rice with curry. Syns have been used on malteasers ;) haha.

Otherwise I'm good. :) I feel like I'm at a bit of a stand still in my head though. I need to follow my own advise and get back to looking at labels and working out syns without assuming.. Oh well, I'll just put this week behind me and hope my WI isn't too bad. :)

Will upload food pics later for what I remembered to take photos of.. I know I did my pork pasta, haha.

Good luck , you know scales can surprise you sometimes =) And I hope you get well soon. Seems thats season for all kind of health issues are open now..
Anyway - you doing so good and I admire your will power, keep going and dont forget to smile =)

As long as I don't gain more than 2.5lbs I'll be happy haha :) (I don't want to lose my 4st! )

I've decided I need to eat more on days I weigh as well, as I felt so ill and dizzy last week. So I've had a small bowl of pasta on top of what I normally eat, so deffo expecting a gain haha. I'll do this every week though. :)
Normally I feel hungry by now but I'm fine today, so hurray haha.

Best of luck for weigh in mc. Destimia is right though the scales can surprise us all sometimes. I know it has surprised me at times. are you going to stay for class tonight hun? That extra pasta will help too. I've a friend that does SW she's in a different group but she eats nothing all day apart from 1 yogurt and a piece of fruit! I'd be starving if that was me. I think as long as you weighing in at same time each week it will all even out in the end :). Fingers crossed xxx

Depends how hungry I am if I stay haha. :D I probably will, though. :)

and I have really gone over my syns this week. :/ I mentioned this on my consultants group fb page and she said she needs to talk to me about syns anywho. She did mention last week about personal syn allowance, so I'm guessing she will say I can have a bit more. Or I hope so lol!

And all I ate was a special K chewy D bar, and a pack of pops as they don't weigh much.. probably not the best idea, lol. No wonder why I felt ill last week :eek:

But yeah, hopefully the scales won't be too mean :)

ah there you go no wonder you didn't feel well. Would you have maybe a SW fry on weigh in days at half 12/1 that might keep you going until after weigh in.

I know on days I have frys I feel fuller than say days I have cereal or a sandwich or something like that.

I think I read on here someone who was allowed more syns because of there weight but then as you lose it you reduce them, at least your consultant is going to have a chat with you about it and do try stay for group it will be good motivation for the next week ahead

Well, 3 st 13.5 lbs now so have lost the 4st :(
Mentioned my leg at group and they think it's a spider bite. Doctors tomo so fingers crossed. Leg is pretty much rock solid! Hurts like hell as well.
With syns I was told I'm supposed to be on 20 until 16 st or lighter

Sorry to hear about the gain MC but im thinking a lot of that is going to be due to the swelling in your leg so don't be too hard on yourself :)

My mum and nanna suffer from bites when the weather gets cold- can be general dust mites as they bite when it gets cold to help them survive. Obvs doesn't mean your house is dirty as everyone has dust mites- even if you hoover everyday! And my nanna used to be an obsessive cleaner!!

Definitely use an antiseptic cream on the puncture mark as they can get infected really quickly- especially on your legs if you wear trousers as it can rub.

Sorry about your gain hun - it doesn't sound like it was a real gain with your leg and everything so hopefully the doctors can sort it. I have had an infected insect bite on my leg and my whole calf swelled up and went purple but it cleared up v quick with antibiotics.

Also I have 20 syns too due to weight and being over 20 stone the consultant said this means I have something to cut when I get smaller etc.

Get well first. Dont be to sad about the gain. We all have those days when we take step back but that does not mean we stop going forward.
Lets hope that doc will give good advise and your leg will heal.

I started over 24st and I always had 15 syns. I think that if you need go over buy then again , depends where you are using your syns. Thats my personal point of view but I think that if you use too many syns on sugar and fat rich foods , you weight loss may slow down.
Last week we had topic at class. Free foods and super free foods. Does our food have 25% of superfree foods every day ? Pasta, potatoes, müller yougurt, mug shot - they all free but none of em contains any fruit or veggie. We can lose weight eating only free foods and use syns for treat but we all do understand that veggies and fruits are very important too.
Moderation in everything :)

Dont worry MC , next week will be better and you will hit your 4 st again.
Now you know that you have been eating wrong bread by mistake and this wont sabotage your weight loss anymore. You doing so well. You got so far. Get well and smile. Big hug :)

Quick phone update - measured my leg and it's 3 inches thicker than last week! I'm so shocked at it lol. I didn't realise it was that swollen.
Will reply to everyone when I'm on the computer :)
On the plus side 10 inches gone from breasts, 8.2 from tummy and 8 from hips. So apart from my leg I've lost inches if not pounds :)

I am going to start today off with 30 mins on the treadmill. :) (dogs are still in bed! )

Morning mc, sorry to see you had a little gain but it does sound like it's down to your swollen leg.

Congrats on all the inches lost that is fantastic. I really wish I had kept track of my inches I did at one stage put a note on my phone but deleted it by accident then! Doh!

Hope you have a lovely day & keep on smiling because you are doing fantastic no matter what any scales say :) xxx

Well done Mc - thats a lot of cm lost all over.
When will you see a doc about your leg ? I hope its nothing too serious and will be back to normal soon.

Back