My Food Diary

slimmer17

Hi all,

So, here I am! I'm re-joining Slimming World - doing it on my own/weighing in at home too.

There's two reasons for this: 1. I have a wedding dress to get into and 2. I'm on anti-depressants that unfortunately aid weight gain.

Hoping to speak to new people, too!

Wish me luck :)

Welcome Slimmer17 and best wishes on your wedding planning and weight loss journey.

Good luck you can do it:)

Apologies for the late in posting!

I hadn't eaten badly at all over Easter and seemed to have gained 3lb, so I weighed myself again toda to see if there was *any* difference and I'd lost the 3lb put on and an additional 2lb?! My body is not playing far. However, I haven't gone off plan, so still keeping at it.

Yesterday (18th April):

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, spinach, mushrooms and an apple
Lunch: 1 small corn on the corb, chicken breast and carrots
Tea: Jacket Potato with cheese (7 syns), lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, crackerbread thing (3 syns), chicken with seasoning (2 syns)
Snacks: Orange, 2 boiled eggs, strawberries and fat free from frais, 2 teas with sugar (4 syns)

Total Syns: 16 syns (oops!)

I'm gonna try and limit how much eggs I eat because I seem to have loads in a day!

19th April:

Breakfast: porridge with milk (HexB and A) and an apple
Lunch: lettuce, cucumber, ham, 1 egg, beetroot and a Naked Food Singapore Curry Noodle Pot
Tea: Chinese Takeaway - Beef in Black Bean (8 Syns), Boiled Rice (FREE), 2 prawn crackers (2 syns) - I had about 3 chips (they weren't really that nice)!
Snacks: Orange, Muller Light Greek Style Mango (0.5 syns) and 3 tea with sugar (5 syns)

Total Syns: 15.05 syns - not good, again!

20th April:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, spinach and mushrooms (free), plus an apple
Lunch: Ham, lettuce, cucumber, jacket potato and beans
Tea: Parsnip soup, chicken and bacon panini (8 syns) - I didn't eat all of the panini and the chicken and bacon were grilled and had no sauce
Snacks: Orange, strawberries and from frais, sweets (0.5 syns for 2), Slice of wholemeal bread (HexB) and tea (HexA) with sugar (4 syns)

Total Syns: 14.5 syns

I did 40 lengths in the swimming pool last night, so I'm hoping that helps with going over syns the past two days.

Can anyone recommend a free/low syn substitute for the sugar in my tea? I've tried to have tea with no sugar, but I just can't seem to like the taste.

Canderel Green Stevia Granulated 1 level tbsp 1/2 Syn

It's the first artificial sugar that I think tastes like sugar.

I've missed a few days and forgot to do a food diary. However, I have lost 0.5b, I did go over my syns for a few days last week, so I'm impressed. This week has less meeting up with friends and eating-out, so hoping to get into the 10 stone bracket next week!

24th April:

Breakfast: spinach, 2 x eggs, mushrooms, salmon and apple
Lunch: 2 x ham, lettuce, cucumber, gherkins, sweet potato mash, peas and sweetcorn + from frais with strawberries
Tea: pasta, 2 x bacon (no fat), mushrooms, onion, sweetcorn - soy sauce
Snacks: Satsuma

Syns: Sugar in tea (HexA + 5) and marshmallows (2)

25th April:

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (hexb) and strawberries
Lunch: jacket potato, beans and cucumber and sweetcorn + Cherry Muller Light and raspberries
Tea: Slimming World Sausages, SW Gravy, sweet potato chips and carrot and suede (3)
Snacks: Apple, orange and strawberries

Syns: Sugar in tea (4) and Belgian Hot Chocolate (2)

Wednesday:

Breakfast - Weetabix x 2 (hexb), milk (hexa) and banana

Lunch - ham, lettuce, cucumber, 2 x egg, carrot and suede (2) beetroot, Muller light and strawberries

Tea - bread (2) ham, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, jacket potato, coleslaw (2) butter (0.5)

Snacks - Apple, sweets x2 (0.5)

Syns - Tea with sugar (4) crisps (4)

Thursday:

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (hexb) milk (hexa), banana and strawberries

Lunch - 2 x eggs, mushroom, spinach, salmon Singapore curry noodle pot

Tea - 2 x bacon, mushrooms, beans, homemade hash browns

Snacks - Sweets (0.5)

Syns - Tea (4) French fries (5) Muller light

Friday:

Breakfast - 2 x eggs, spinach, mushrooms and beans, 1 bread (hexb)

Lunch - tuna, mayo (2) pasta, sweetcorn, lettuce, cucumber

Tea - garlic bread (7) meatballs, spaghetti and onion and mushrooms

Snacks - tea with sugar, milk (hexa) (5) strawberries and from frais, apple, Muller light

I went for a Subway salad, but the server put LOADS of mayo on, so gonna have to eat syn free things

I weighed myself today and I've lost 0.5lb. It's still a loss, but what am I doing wrong? I was expecting to at least get into the 10 stone bracket today. It's really starting to get to me because I'm trying so hard.

Can anyone provide guidance on where I could be going wrong? Do you think I'm having too much sugary foods and potatoes (sugar/carbs) Thanks :)

Last edited:
Saturday:

Breakfast: 2 x eggs, salmon, 1 x bread (hex b)
Lunch: Subway Salad - lettuce, green pepper, gherkins, cucumber, ham and turkey, mayo (6)
Tea: beans, gammon, corn on the cob, homemade chips and bbq sauce (1)

Snacks: tea (4), apple, banana and some malteasers (5)

I did go over my syns here.

Sunday:

Breakfast: 2 x eggs, 2 x bacon,beans, mushrooms, brown bread (hexb) with flora (2), bbq sauce (1)
Lunch: Naked Noodle Pot (1)
Tea: Steak, jacket potatoe, mushroom sauce (6) lettuce, ice cream (8)

Snacks: Tea (hexA) x (2), apple, Rum (5)

Monday:

Breakfast: Muller Light Strawberryg, banana,
Lunch: Mayo (2), lettuce, cucumber, 2 x ham, gherkins, beetroot
Tea: 2 x sausages Tesco healthy living (2), roast potatoes - frylight, sweet potato mash, parsnips, carrots and peas, gravy (3)

Snacks: tea (4), french fries (4.5) apple, Alpen Bar (hexb)

Tuesday:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, salmon, 1 brown bread (hexb)
Lunch: Jacket Potato, beans, lettuce, peppers, sweetcorn
Tea: new potatoes, carrots, chicken, chicken gravy (3)

Snacks: tea (6) banana

Back