ProPoints My Food & Weight Loss Tracker

185g canned tuna - drained
250g sweet potato - although if I make them again, I would use normal floury potatoes because sweet potatoes are a bit too soft
Spring onions
Fresh ginger
Fresh or dried chilli
The zest of 1 lime and half the juice

I finely sliced the spring onions, added some fresh grated ginger, a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes, the zest of a lime and then the juice of half of it and a bit of salt & pepper. Drained the tuna really well and added it to the spring onion mix. Cooked the sweet potatoes until soft, drained & cooled them. Added them to the tuna, mashed until well combined and then shaped into 3 fishcakes. I chilled them in the fridge for about an hour to firm them up and then fried them in a tablespoon of olive oil.

They tasted great, but like I said, if I make them again, I would use regular floury potatoes instead of sweet ones because the texture was slightly too soft.

It made 3 big fishcakes so depending on what you served them with, you could probably get away with shaping them into 4 fishcakes and only eating 2 which would reduce the PP value.

The sauce was just a bottle of something my mum got for Christmas. I can't remember what it's called and I think it was bought at a food market or something. Sweet chilli would work with it though.

Thanks for the receipe! I will make sure to make this in January and get a pic haha! Makes sense to use regular potatoes to make it more sticky, doesnt starch work as a binding agent?

Your food today looks lovely. I tend to ""sin"" on brie and honey on a toasted baguette from time to time. As long as it is within the pp its allll good.

@Mrslmc: makes sense. Everyone has their own basic metabolism and burn rate as well so it makes sense that the numbers vary. :) 90 weeklies whilst maintaining? My god! Sounds like heaven hahaha.

I loooooove Brie. Especially in a ciabatta roll with some ham and chutney and then grilled in the Foreman. Hot melty cheese and crunchy bread ugh so good.

I need to work out the PP for a toasted Brie & ham sandwich so I can have one at the weekend. Yum!!!

I loooooove Brie. Especially in a ciabatta roll with some ham and chutney and then grilled in the Foreman. Hot melty cheese and crunchy bread ugh so good.

I need to work out the PP for a toasted Brie & ham sandwich so I can have one at the weekend. Yum!!!
Haha sorry did not mean to induce cravings. At the shop near my parents house they have low fat brie, its still evil but less evil. Unfortunately that is the only shop I found it at. Shops near my house do not sell it.
I also love bread wigh pesto, mozzarella and tomato. Hmmmm.

Cheese is one of my many weaknesses. We have a decent deli in our nearest supermarket and they do some yummy ones. I have to avert my eyes whenever I walk past otherwise I would be even fatter!

I had an early dinner tonight. And now I'm sipping on a cup of tea with a teaspoon of real sugar and a splash of semi skimmed while I watch Real Housewives like a saddo. :)

Here's my (huge!) warm roasted butternut squash & goat cheese salad. It had rocket, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, creamy goat cheese, spicy roasted butternut squash and a bit of balsamic glaze. Really, really good.

image-3072304197.jpg

Cheese is one of my many weaknesses. We have a decent deli in our nearest supermarket and they do some yummy ones. I have to avert my eyes whenever I walk past otherwise I would be even fatter!

I had an early dinner tonight. And now I'm sipping on a cup of tea with a teaspoon of real sugar and a splash of semi skimmed while I watch Real Housewives like a saddo. :)

Here's my (huge!) warm roasted butternut squash & goat cheese salad. It had rocket, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, creamy goat cheese, spicy roasted butternut squash and a bit of balsamic glaze. Really, really good.

View attachment 119136

looks very niceeee :)

View attachment 119136
Ohhh, that looks so good. I love seeing other peoples food, shows me that we can eat nice things :)
oh cheese... Sigh.

I love cooking and experimenting with different things, so I just look at the PP method as something to play around with in the kitchen rather than a diet.

OMG your food looks amazing, you seem to have all the same tastes as me. I love love camemberg cheese. I actually have one in the fridge since Christmas, was gonna be my 'after the birth' treat. Definately having it this weekend with homemade chrispy bread yummy....anyway sorry rambling there. But yeah food looks and sounds great. Also butternut squash is definately 0pp unless you cook with oil ;)

I roasted it in 1/2 tbsp of olive oil so I ended up counting the points for the oil but left the butternut squash as 0 PP.

Today is my official weighing in day and I'm down by 13lbs since last Wednesday. :) I'm sure a lot of it is water weight, but I'm still very pleased. I'm now half way to my first goal.

Breakfast is 150g natural yogurt (3 PP) mixed with a scoop of banoffee pie flavoured protein powder (2 PP) and a snack pot thingy of mango and some pomegranate seeds for 0 PP.

Not sure what I'll make for lunch or dinner yet.

Did anyone else see Jessie Pavelka on Daybreak this morning?

Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my. He's gorgeous. If only all personal trainers looked like this. I would sign up to the gym and never leave.

image-2325332254.jpg

Did anyone else see Jessie Pavelka on Daybreak this morning?

Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my. He's gorgeous. If only all personal trainers looked like this. I would sign up to the gym and never leave.

View attachment 119260
Oeh, nice. Where do I know his name from? I think someone else on here was drooling over his boddd hahah.

I hope the weight continues to fall off like it has. But I'm not going to expect it to continue at this rate (unfortunately!) but seeing the scales go down by so much is definitely a boost to continue what I'm doing :)

Jessie Pevelka was on that Obese: A Year To Save My Life show as the trainer. I never watched it but I'm wishing I had now because he's some serious eye candy.

I hope the weight continues to fall off like it has. But I'm not going to expect it to continue at this rate (unfortunately!) but seeing the scales go down by so much is definitely a boost to continue what I'm doing :)

Jessie Pevelka was on that Obese: A Year To Save My Life show as the trainer. I never watched it but I'm wishing I had now because he's some serious eye candy.
Probably how i know the name. Though I have never seen it (the show) :) I did watch ummm, the one with another guy. Chris Powell? Like him too, despite reading the whooe show was a farce. :(

I didn't make the best choice for lunch today. Oops. I had lamb kofta in pitta bread with salad & garlic sauce and far too many chips! I've tried to work out the PP value by calculating the points of each ingredient (lamb, pitta bread, mayo, potatoes, oil), estimating the weight and adding a few extra points in to cover any hidden extras. Not entirely foolproof, but it's better than nothing.

I'm over my daily points allowance so I've had to use some weeklies but I'll skip dinner and try to repair the damage by eating better tomorrow.

After losing 13lbs in a week, I'm not going to allow myself to slip back now. I will make sure I have a loss next Wednesday no matter what!

Food planned for tomorrow. If I plan ahead I find it easier to avoid snacking or eating something I shouldn't like I did today.

Breakfast
Natural yogurt - 3 PP
Protein powder - 2 PP
Fruit - 0 PP

Lunch
Mushroom omelette - 6 PP
Smoothie - 3 PP
Carrot sticks - 0 PP

Dinner
BBQ chicken - 4 PP
Baked sweet potato - 6 PP
Cottage cheese - 3 PP
Salad - 0 PP

Planning for the day in advance is definately the way forward. I used to do that the whole time, it really helps, means you don't have to keep thinking about food and you know where you are points wise.
Your lunch today sounds yummy. I love lamb kofta, just such a pitty its so high in pp.
Hope you have a good day xx

Back