My four cats ^_^

Sending positive vibes to Sophie !!

Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone. Sophie is doing ok, she can get out of her basket and walk (like a drunk!) to the kitchen although she prefers the luxury of being in my study for now. She is such a lovely cat, and she is certainly loving all the extra attention she is getting. Im feeling more confident with her progress, i think she is going to be ok:)

Really glad to hear this, its always sad when one of our babies are ill what ever the reason, but its even better to hear there getting through it.

Keep us posted, I hope she makes a full recovery to her old self...

Awww - your cats are gorgeous, Zebredy!
I'm currently in rented accommodation and aren't allowed pets, but as soon as I am, I can't wait to get animals! :)

Aww I love this thread. Everyones cats are gorgeous. Zebredy (the thread starter) your cats are lovely and Thomas was just gorgeous. I too adore cats and have one of my own, a fat and lazy black and white one who is now 15 and likes to sleep all day, lie on the windowsills in the sun, sit in the conservatory and eat. He also likes to annoy me sometimes :D Absolutely adore all animals but love cats.

This is a lovely thread, I've only read page 1 so far and had to reply - gonna read the other 2 pages now :) X

Oh Lynn I loved your whole story but I was so stung with tears when I read about Sophie :( It must have been quite a shock for you to find her just lying there (I know what thats like as I found my dog collapsed last year but I won't go into that)

I do hope that Sophie continues to make good progress and that she gets fully better. She is a loved and well looked after cat, as are Rose and Fats, they're very lucky to have such wonderful owners. I was so pleased when I scrolled further down the page and read that she is making such good progress, at least she is eating and getting up to walk a little now.

Keep us updated on Sophie and how she is doing, I'm sending her a big hug and some love too. :) X

I don't know how anyone can hate cats. I'm a right cat lover and cats sense it.

Not only is my own cat like my baby but I can get cats from all over coming up to me, they always flip over and get me to tickle their tummies and some of them even follow me up the street :D Good job its not the 1600's or I might have been hung or something :p

There is one cat who lives round the doors, he only has one eye bless him and when I walk to the shop he follows me and meows, purrs and just generally loves attention. I know he is well looked after by my neighbours so I know its not food he is after but I think he just likes me for some reason as he doesn't do that with anyone else. :D

I also had a cat literally run as fast as possible over to me the other week, he was sitting on a wall a little further up the road from where I was walking, he got his eye on me and was straight off the wall at bullet speed and ran up to me, started meowing and decided he wanted his tummy tickled.

They must sense I'm a cat lover :D

Awww - your cats are gorgeous, Zebredy!
I'm currently in rented accommodation and aren't allowed pets, but as soon as I am, I can't wait to get animals! :)

Aw thanks, think I would have tried to sneak them in (regardless of the consequences) but that's just me, if I didn't have any before I moved in suppose that would be different though..

We are quite lucky cause even though we live in a rented council flat and there is a limit on animals allowed in a flat or house, they don't check, I mean how could they.

They have just bought out a new tenancy agreement for new residence that states, one cat in a flat, two in a house, and something about needing permission for a dog?

I know someone with 4 dogs in a bedsit / 3 room bungalow take them away from her and she would die. The dogs have not got long left there quite small ones and she is 80.

Plus there are other people that have 2 larger sized dogs in a flat along with other animals, and with us being on the ground floor, they can pretty much come and go as they please and quite often spend hours outdoors...

There would be uproar if they tried to enforce the rules of animals, especially to tenants who had lived in the same place with there pets for 5+ years, but as these new agreements only seem to affect new residence (as I found out via a phone call to council) we appear to be ok...

Last edited:
well im in a bit of state, i just dont know what to!!

a few months ago i replied to an advert about some ragdolls,i never got an answer,but over the weekend i had an email to say the breeders were giving up breeding and were now rehoming their raggys.

she has neutered raggy,hes 3 i think she said and she wants to know if i would like to rehome him, hes free to a good home.

i replied asking for some general details etc,he sounds like a lovely adorable raggy..i havent made a decision and she says she wont do anything until ive seen him.

i just know if i see him,the chances are im going to want to keep him. but im just a bit worried about my 2 moggs. (i have other cats but my 2 moggs rule the roost)
they were the last ones in the home,they came a few weeks apart and hang out together..

im just terrified of saying yes i'll have him and a fight breaks out or something bad happens..

im hoping (if i do have him) that a gradual break in of him being confined that gradually introduced should do the trick,as this is what i had to do when my moggs met for the first time,they were slowly introduced..

hmmmmmmm :eek:

Last edited:
They must sense I'm a cat lover :D

You must have that sign only visible to cats that says "I'm a super mug for Moggs"

Cats run up to me too, even my friends "hate everyone claw your eyes out" cat loves me. I've had 4 strays adopt me in 4 years, unfortunately I lost one (Boss) on the road :cry: ( hadn't had him long enough to get him done legally and he went tomming) but 9 weeks later Jasper was born (to my daughters, boyfriends parents cat) and was immediately abandoned by his kitten mum and I hand reared him. Hes the double of the one I lost on the road apart from having no extra toes. Be nice to think it was one of Boss's kittens but I think he was tomming closer to home as I live in built up Brum and I think 3 miles is a bit of a stretch. I keep looking out for extra toed cats around here to see if Boss provided the area with poly-dactyl kitties.

Lynn - Hope Sophie continues to improve. Cats are thought to be able to heal themselves with purring so keep her purring and give her a tickle from me

bunny_hops, if you don't take the ragdoll do you know who will. It could go to a home where he would end up with people who would love him less then half as much as you would, plus if you don't take the ragdoll will you regret it for a long time to come.

If you can afford to keep him and have the time to give to get him settled properly in with the other cats then I'd say go for it.

You only live once, but then this is just my oppinion, its up to you at the end of the day.

I could never take another one in cause all my four are from the same litter, if I only had two it might have been different though...

bunny_hops, if you don't take the ragdoll do you know who will. It could go to a home where he would end up with people who would love him less then half as much as you would, plus if you don't take the ragdoll will you regret it for a long time to come.

If you can afford to keep him and have the time to give to get him settled properly in with the other cats then I'd say go for it.

You only live once, but then this is just my oppinion, its up to you at the end of the day.

I could never take another one in cause all my four are from the same litter, if I only had two it might have been different though...

Thanks hun,im still torn... i may just meet him then go from there and see how i feel.if i meet him,then go and take time to think about it that might be the best thing to do,i should at least see him.. :rolleyes:

aww beautiful kitties zebredy, Amanda, mommyB & Rachel :) and Lynn i'm SO glad to hear that Sophie's on the mend.. breaks your heart when they're suffering.

Just seen the story about the ragdolls Bunny, what did you decide to do? X

awe......... me too a cat person, I too have 4! Bobble, Luna and Luna's 2 daughters Zita and mouse ( our friend has Luna's 2 sons, so we still get to see them :) )

We too have a Luna!! She is black and white and 5 months old.

She is the 5th addition to our cat family.
We have Symphony (white cat) who is 2, William (tabby cat) who is 2 and their son and daughter Marvel (tabby) and Harmony (white) both 1 years old.

When i am able to post pics, you will all be sure to see lots and lots of pics of them.

To the original poster: your fur babies are beautiful. I'm glad you were able to give them a good home.

Sah xx

Thanks, all cats out there have a place in my heart and anyone trying to hurt one has to go through me, and if its one of ours my hubby would go awall, as there just like his babies too.

In fact when we go to the shops he is the one always saying ' can we get some treats for the cats' lol

Reminds me, got a can of cheap tuna in the cupboard for them. 45p for the tuna or £1 for cat treats, the tuna makes more sense, plus think they actually like the tuna more.

So looking forward to Christmas now, and giving them some left over turkey/chicken and a can of tuna each on Christmas day..

I've been quite lonely lately, can't get a full time job and my hubby works 60-84 hrs a week so seems to always be at work at the mo, but thank god for my cats especially Harry who will lay on my chest on his side, while I sit and watch TV...

Aw zebredy sorry to hear you've been feeling lonely - at least you have your cats to keep you company, my cat is good for me like that too. You should come on here for a chat if you want to - it sometimes helps me when I'm lonely to get online and type posts up :) I need a full time job too - hate being at home most of the time - its boring!

Hugs for your cats :) X

Aw zebredy sorry to hear you've been feeling lonely - at least you have your cats to keep you company, my cat is good for me like that too. You should come on here for a chat if you want to - it sometimes helps me when I'm lonely to get online and type posts up :) I need a full time job too - hate being at home most of the time - its boring!

Hugs for your cats :) X

Thanks, I don't even have anything permanent just what agencies can get me (so far all I have is a possible two weeks exam invigilating in January and a couple days next month :( )

And my husband could be losing his job soon (thanks to someone at work causing trouble) They have an unwritten agreement for the last 15 years that if someone covers sometimes they go 1hr early at night. Matts only been working there 7 year, but still even the manager knew about it and it was all cool. Now the assistant manager has gone above the manager to complain about this in order to hopefully get rid of a few people he doesn't really like, plus put the manager in a bad light, cause he really really wants his job. B******d (excuse my language)

Christmas and my birthday (both the same month) are usually my favourite times of the year, just me and Matt and the cats on Christmas eve this year. Then my mum usually gives me some extra left over turkey for the cats on Christmas day, then its one of Matts sisters and nephews (there all older then me lol) and some more left overs for my little babies, but what's there to be happy about this time, with a possible jobless partner on the cards..

My cats are my world at the m, cause they always seem to know what you are thinking (that 6th sense) and when I'm down they always know what to do (at least I think they do) to cheer me up..

Even when I go for a walk and come back, just seeing Harry outside cheers me up straight away. He is the only one out of all my cats that sees and open window but when he sees me he will go and follow me to the main door to the flats then run to our flats door and wait to be let in like a real child lol

I don't know where I would be without them..

well im in a bit of state, i just dont know what to!!

a few months ago i replied to an advert about some ragdolls,i never got an answer,but over the weekend i had an email to say the breeders were giving up breeding and were now rehoming their raggys.

she has neutered raggy,hes 3 i think she said and she wants to know if i would like to rehome him, hes free to a good home.

i replied asking for some general details etc,he sounds like a lovely adorable raggy..i havent made a decision and she says she wont do anything until ive seen him.

i just know if i see him,the chances are im going to want to keep him. but im just a bit worried about my 2 moggs. (i have other cats but my 2 moggs rule the roost)
they were the last ones in the home,they came a few weeks apart and hang out together..

im just terrified of saying yes i'll have him and a fight breaks out or something bad happens..

im hoping (if i do have him) that a gradual break in of him being confined that gradually introduced should do the trick,as this is what i had to do when my moggs met for the first time,they were slowly introduced..

hmmmmmmm :eek:

I am sure they will be fine! they will have the initial 2 week stand off but they soon sort them selves out! i say go for it.. you know you want too! :)

im such a bad influence ha ha

let us know your decision!

Sarah xx

Back in early 1996 I was in line for a job that would have meant working in US for a while and i was very excited about it. I didnt get the job in the end despite 3 interviews and i was gutted. That weekend I went out by myself with the intention of some retail therapy to cheer myself up and found myself sitting in a cafe reading a local paper. I spotted an ad for kittens for sale, and decided there and then that was what i needed.

I would like to say at this point that being dissapointed in the job market is NOT a good reason to get a pet. And neither is it a good reason to get a pet when your hubby has specifically stated he doesnt want pets. Just thought i would mention that.

Anyway, I took off there and then in search of a kitten, I even armed myself with a cat basket, as I knew at that point I wouldnt be going home without one.

I think i followed up about 5 or 6 ads that day looking for the purrfect kitty, and finally ended up in a village not too far from me, actually the last one on my list, for a kitten advertised as 'part persian, part scruffy tom who had no right to be sniffing round my prize Cleo'.

When i got there, there were 2 kittens left from a litter of 6, aged 12 weeks. I walked in to this house, and was immediately met with 2 of the most beautiful tabby kittys I had ever seen, identical like peas in a pod. Softest fur you could imagine, and such bright little eyes. They were playing with each other chasing up and down the stairs. I knew at that moment that I could never have just one, how i could part them?

On the way home I decided that their names were Sophie and Rose. So i got home and walked in the house with this cat basket, and hubby said 'what have you got there'. He didnt say much else all day, but that evening as we were going up to bed, hubby said, 'I suppose you should bring them up to bed with us'.

And that is where they have mostly slept ever since.

Despite being identical apart from the fact that Rose has 2 white toes and Sophie has 3 white toes (the only way we could tell them apart for a long time), they have totally different personalities. Sophie is ultra loving, always purring, and totally besotted with my son Rob, who is likewise besotted with her. Rose will turn her back on you as soon as look at you, and really couldnt give a damn, but she has the most amazing character and has become my soul mate.

Rose went on to have a litter of kittens, as I hadnt got them spayed quickly enough (that was soon sorted out!) and she had 6 kittens, one of whom was the brightest little button you could imagine. He looks black but when you get him in the sunshine his fur is the colour of Coca Cola. I called him Freddy after Feddy Mercury, as he was obviously destined to be a super star, but hubby named him Fats, after Fats Domino, so Fats he has remained.

Sophie and Rose are now 14 and half and Fats is 13 and half. Fats is quite a big cat, but totally soppy and lazy, Rose is the smallest and the one in charge and she will think nothing of cuffing Fats round the ear for no other reason than he probably looked at her wrong. Sophie on the other hand loves Fats and will spend ages grooming him.

On Saturday, I found Sophie lying on the kitchen floor unable to stand. It seems that she has had a small stroke or some neurological problem, and now her left legs are partly paralysed. We have taken her to the vets twice since then, and she is slightly improving. She could only lie on her side on Saturday, but now can can stand up, although very unsteadily. She isnt in any pain, but is just confused by what has happened to her. Im heartbroken of course, Ive no idea where this is going, how much she is likely to improve or what her quality of life is going to be.

Having talked it over with the vet we are just going to see how she progresses over the next week or 2.

She is just as loving, just as purry as she always has been, and the highlight of her day is when my son gets home from work. She will even try to get out of her basket to go to him.

Its brought home to me how lucky we are to have our cats, each different in their own way and each an essential part of our family. I know they are all getting on now, but I cannot imagine life without them, and hubby loves them just as much as I do. I dont know how much longer we will have Sophie, and what has happened to her could happen to any of them. I just treasure each day that they are with us.

Such a lovely story, sorry to hear about Sophie. Please keep us in the loop on her progress. I will only worry.

xxxx

Back