My friend's been diagnosed with gallstones

polishrose

Gold Member
Will she have to come off SS or even CD altogether?

Asking because she's been muttering about being fed up of CD for the last few weeks and I'm wondering if she's going to try and use this as an excuse to give up LOL

Last edited:
Maybe she should phone and ask her CDC because it will be a change to her medical record form.

I have had gall stones for years. They have never been problematic and were picked up when looking for something else. Is this the friend who 'cheats' lots but gets big losses?
x

Polishrose & Tillyfloss,

Hope your friend can continue on her CD journey.
As the topic of "gallstones" has popped up, can I ask a question that has been on my mind for the last few days please?
I have had a dull ache pain for 1 week now on my right side, and sometimes leads to right side of back. I thought it was a uti and took antibiotics & painkillers, but the dull ache is still on & off.
My question, is this an early warning sign that "gallstones" is on the way????
Thank you ladies if you can give me any info!

i have never ever had any pain with mine, they were picked up on scan looking for something else... they are small and i was told they are unlikely to cause any problems and so far havnt....
That area is the right area though...
What i would say, is that any pain is a warning that something isnt right so it should always be checked :)
x

Polishrose & Tillyfloss,

Hope your friend can continue on her CD journey.
As the topic of "gallstones" has popped up, can I ask a question that has been on my mind for the last few days please?
I have had a dull ache pain for 1 week now on my right side, and sometimes leads to right side of back. I thought it was a uti and took antibiotics & painkillers, but the dull ache is still on & off.
My question, is this an early warning sign that "gallstones" is on the way????
Thank you ladies if you can give me any info!
That's the gallstones (or at least sounds a lot like them!).
I had to have my gallbladder taken out last year due to gallstones.
Your friend won't have to come off of ss (I stayed on it and it actually helped me!) unless she has her gallbladder removed in which case she will have to start working up the programs 2 weeks before surgery then be off of it for 3 months after surgery.
Hope that help hun.;)

Don't be worried. Just get yourself down to see a doc and ask to be sent for an ultrasound to check for gallstones.
Can you not come back here to get it sorted?

I thought the gallbladder / gallstones were up by the abdomen and not to the right hand side of the back, OMGGGGGGGGG

It is just below the right of your ribcage but the pain can radiate through to your back and in some right up to the shoulder and down the arm.

Last night I took dexketoprofen trometamol painkiller and I feel no pain this moring, touch wood!!
But this has given me a big fright!!!! TODAY the messing around is over, CD is going to shift my weight for once and for all. I don't want surgery....so my minds set ......bye bye weight!!

Thank you, thank you everybody for your info yesterday:)

Back