My GP wont sign!!!!

I am not registered with a doctor (I'm not a fan of them!) ... would I be able to start the CD?

I am not registered with a doctor (I'm not a fan of them!) ... would I be able to start the CD?

Hi Ratty

I don't know whether you can still do CD without a GP, you'll have to wait until a CDC can answer for you. But, I'm guessing that you'll probably be advised to register with one so that they can be notified that you're doing it. If your BMI is above 40 then you won't be able to do SS or SS+ because you'll need to see your GP to get some forms signed.

If you really don't want to have a GP then maybe W8 would be an option for you as you don't need a GP for that diet.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:
Grrr, doctors :( I wonder if your doctors realises that he/she is not signing to say they approve of you doing the diet.

You don't have to have permission to do it, but you do have to have a signature to state that there is nothing contraindicated.

A huge difference there. The doctor can have what ever opinion..that's not why they are signing.

So, just thinking, if you do try another doctor, don't ask if they can sign to say they give their permission, but rather ask them to check nothing is contraindicated and 'please sign on the dotted line ;)'

It ok hun - i like my new one better - didn t realise there was sooo many!!

Quick question - just after i have my shakes i feel really hungry for bout half hours - real hunger pangs is this something that people experience??

It does pass tho!!;)

sorry cud sum1 please tell me wot the LT plan is???

Thanks

Michelle

It ok hun - i like my new one better - didn t realise there was sooo many!!

Quick question - just after i have my shakes i feel really hungry for bout half hours - real hunger pangs is this something that people experience??

It does pass tho!!;)

Yep, that's the same for me too. I think it takes a while for the stomach to register that there's something in there. It's always the danger zone for me, because for about an hour I am starving hungry and want to eat, and have to keep telling myself not to, it doesn't always work though :D

I also find that if I go out for the day and can't drink enough water I get really hungry.

ok ty...

michelle x

Hi Michelle

There are various different Very Low Calorie Diets (VLCD) on the market.

Cambridge Diet is the best established and longest running one with good choice and one-to-one counselling

LT - Lipotrim is run by trained Pharmacists so you wouldn't need your GPs approval for that one either - find out whether a local pharmacy runs a program on their website.

LL - Lighter Life - run in a group and need to do first 100 days on meal replacement - no meals at all

W8 - the one I do is quite new and can be done online, or with a counsellor, some run groups, some do one-to-one (like mine!)
They all work in the same way so its really personal choice really which one you choose. I researched them all, checked out if there was a local counsellor, looked at the flavours, price etc etc. I was going to go for Lighter Life following a recommendation from a friend, but decided on W8 as it was a little cheaper, I didn't need GP to sign form, liked the idea I could eat 1 week in 4 and like savoury foods more so liked the choice of soups ( and there is a spag bol noodle mealpack too) also you are allowed half a pint of skimmed milk everyday and I hate black tea and coffee!!!

There is loads of information on this forum on all the diets and everybody is really helpful and friendly and will answer any questions.

Good luck with your second GP and with whichever plan you decide upon

Carol x

Hi,

If your GP hasn't signed and its only the BMI that is the problem your CDC can start you on the 1200 cal programme which is 2 CD plus low gi food. Its a great preparation week and you lose well on this. When you reach BMI 40 you can then go on SS.

If you cdc wants to contact me I have an excellent letter for GP's that is getting good results.

I can forward this on to him/her. My email if your CDC wants to do this is [email protected].

oh thanks a lot I will let her know. I have signed up to the Lipotrim, literally ...got my pks at 4.30pm had to watch a short video at home first, so I will prob go down this route for a couple of wks and get my BMI down, then go on CD, but I will give my CDC your email and let her know. she said she was gonna send something to my GP.

funny thing is the chemist where I signed up is directly across from my GP lol
If you cdc wants to contact me I have an excellent letter for GP's that is getting good results.

Feeling inspired again. where theres a will theres a way eh!! lol

Michelle x

good luck with the lipotrim, there is a section here aswell for it :) keep us posted on how your doing. I hope that letter works to get you onto cd quicker. :)

becky xx

Back