My guilty pleasure............

lauraekeegan

Ok, so since I started CWP 17 days ago, I've bought 3 cook books (!!!!). They're my new addiction, lol. I already have a fair few but of late I've bought the 2 Lorraine Pascale ones I didn't have and today bought myself Nigellissima.

I love cooking and I'm lucky to still be able to do it without even nibbling and sticking to this 100%. My husband is my chief taster! I am a bit concerned though as I'm coming off this from the 12th to 28th October inclusive as we are going on holiday and my niece and her boyfriend are coming over from Ireland for the weekend. I'm worried I'm going to eat like a pig with it's snout in a trough for 2 weeks. It's not something I'm planning to do, I just have a such a messed up relationship with food and a track record of crap willpower that there's almost an inevitability about it.

That said, I have surprised myself and all who know me with my willpower over the last 17 days so fingers crossed I can keep a hang of some of it. :sigh:

I feel the same way once you're allowed to eat what's stopping you eating all you want!!
At least coming back to CD will shift any weight you put on
But just think how hard it is too!
I'm in the same boat once I start I don't stop bingeing it's awful so sad

Hi Laura! I too have become obsessed with Great British Bake off and Australian Masterchef- to the extent that I have recorded the series on sky+ so I never miss them! And I love it when I've had a manic couple of days and literally get in and watch three episodes in a row!!!!! My OH is out tonight so I'm hoping to sneak a few in before he gets back! He finds them torture at the moment! Esp GBBO and the doughnuts the other night! But I digress,

Yes, I was speaking to my CDC about when I 'come off the wagon' in November. She said that she thinks I'll be terrified to eat! I don't intend to go on a major food binge but I am going out for a nice meal for my birthday and obviously the booze at my birthday party means I will have to come out of ketosis beforehand. I wonder how I'm going to do it. Its something I have decided to think about a bit nearer the time because I have no idea what weight I am going to be yet.

Hopefully your great results so far will encourage you not to 'undo' it all....from reading everyones diaries it seems to be the general consensus that it is difficult to get back into SS once you have stopped. If I knew I could come off it for a week and put on half a stone and then get straight back on then I wouldn't be so worried! It's a tough one.....I intend to try and stick to a low carb diet, even when I am off plan. Best laid plans and all that!

I'm the same I watch British bake off in a trance on tues nights salivating and have bought n ordered 4 cookbooks I'm obsessed with food lol. I am coming off on oct 10-28th for holiday abroad and I started off saying I'll eat healthy and sensibly as even that's a treat compared to cd. Then I moved to 4 out if 14 nights will be treat night and I can see us arriving at 9.30pm that night saying 'oh sod it'. I just find restarting such a trauma I hope I can be good xx

Hey ladies

Yes, the food network is always on in our house! Fortunately my husband has his own 'man cave' which I can send him off to watch as much rugby as he likes and I can salivate over the telly. In saying that, we watched Nigellissima the other night and he was salivating too. For different reasons than me, obv!

Day 21 for me today ladies and I get weighed in the morning. People are starting to notice which is nice :). I am meeting 3 girlfriends for drinks on Thursday night who I haven't seen for a while and am hoping they will see a difference too.

I am concerned about coming off plan. I was hoping to go back on plan from the 29th October - 9th November but we've now got friends coming to stay the weekend of the 3rd November and are planning a big weekend. We have things planned for nearly every weekend between 12th October and 26th November then we've nothing until the 14th December so I think I am going to be off plan until the 27th November. I was thinking of joining Slimming World as I think that diet can give you big losses too and I've tried all the others to no avail. I don't quite know what to do. I am apprehensive about eating food again in that once I start, I can't stop! I was only ever going to do this for 5 weeks but have found it to be less tough than I thought it would be and the results are fab. Och, I just don't know! But one thing I do know is that I will not be doing all my hard work.

Oh look, Saturday Kitchen is on in ten minutes. Good food and James Martin - bonus! :eek:

Laura, I have just written something quite similiar on my diary! Concerned about coming off plan in case I never go back on! I am mega motivated at the moment because my goal is my party....but when that's over I can basically lose the last stone (+ whatever I put on over my birthday week!) at my leisure! Which worries me! I may have to book a holiday up in early 2013 as a motivator!!! Although, two members of the family are getting married at end of April/May so it would be lovely to have got to goal for that....

I'm keeping an eye on the diaries of the 'returners' to see what they recommend. The general consensus seems to be that they regret stopping because if they hadn't they would be at goal already. I'm hoping their words will sink in. I'm sick of thinking of all the events I've been to in the last couple of years where I have felt awful and I need to remember that feeling to keep me on track!

Back