MY Harcombe Diet - Day 15 - Phase 2

Karen1972

Gold Member
Hello fellow THD'ers!

So Day 1 for me today, just trying to make my lazy boyfriend get out of bed to go to the butchers for bacon!!!!!!

I'm working from home today, he is off work this week.

He (Jim) will be doing the diet with me.

So today's menu is :

B: Bacon and Scrambled Egg
L: Veggie soup
D: Pork chop, baby leaf salad, spring onion and a drizzle of olive oil

Plus about a million cups of decaff coffee and as much water as i can muster.

5 sleeps until my next glass of red wine! Should be do-able! :p

I've just replied on your diary Karen, but I'll be keeping an eye on you here too ;)

Thanks Sharon xxx

Well we are having two rashers and two scrambled eggs for brek.

Jim is shocked i'm considering having veg soup for lunch aswell as a dinner tonight.... gluttonous i think his words were.... this from a guy who ate an entire roulade fri night/sat morning.... freak!!!!!!

What's so greedy about having three meals a day? Grrrrrr!

Just planning lunch now.... veggie soup made with parsnips, carrot and swede.... not sure on what veg stock to use though? My oxo cubes have sugar in them (glucose syrup) so can anyone recommend something we can buy from tesco?

OMFG - this soup is off the scale beautiful!!!!!!!!! i'm in love with homemade soup!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could eat this morning, noon and night!!! It is so thick and creamy and is light orange in colour.... Jim bought a 1kg pack of veg from tesco (carrot, parsnip and swede) so is unbelievably cheap too!!!

Problem is that i want to eat the entire panful!!!!!!

Mmmm that soup sounds lush! I've never made soup before, is it easy?! xx

It is so so so so easy, unbelievably so actually!!!!!

Fry some garlic and onion in a large pan and add 1kg of chopped veg (we had parsnip, swede and carrot) and 700ml of vegetable stock (made with veg oxo cubes).

Bring to the boil and let simmer for 30mins, season to taste, mash it all up with a hand blender and voila.... truly gorgeous!!!!

Let me know if you try it! x

Karen the soup is even nicer (well to me) if you spray the veg with olive oil and roast them first - roasted veg soup is REALLY delish as the roasting concentrates the flavours

hope you are still doing well
I am doing fine and have cooked a large bowl of brown rice pasta and made a pasta salad and I have a fritatta cooking so all is well for the week

having done it before its very doable - I just get fed up with the eggs :):)

Karen the soup is even nicer (well to me) if you spray the veg with olive oil and roast them first - roasted veg soup is REALLY delish as the roasting concentrates the flavours

hope you are still doing well
I am doing fine and have cooked a large bowl of brown rice pasta and made a pasta salad and I have a fritatta cooking so all is well for the week

having done it before its very doable - I just get fed up with the eggs :):)

Hiya

I'm doing really good thanks, missing caffeine but all this delicious food is making up for that!!

OOoo yeah i love the idea of roasted veg soup! I love love love roasted veggies!!

The only thing that is worrying me is whether i'll lose weight on it or not! Having done CD on and off for such a long time i'm of the mindset that nothing else can work! :eek:

At this point dont worry about weight
let that take care of itself
just concentrate on the plan and think of you getting healthier and getting all your cravings under control then the weight will take care of its self - it might be slow but it will happen

Hello Karen & all you other Harcombe Dieters, I saw your Facebook status this morning Karen & spent all morning (whilst in work :eek:) googling & reading about Harcombe diet, and I'm really interested and have just ordered the book from Amazon.

Having lost 3 and bit stone with Cambridge nearly 4 years ago, over the last 18 months the weight has crept back again & I've tried & failed to do Cambridge again & every other diet known to man & am totally fed up with it all.

I did Atkins a while ago, and did really well the first week then stalled for about 3 weeks and gave up, I missed carbs and was eating too many of the bars and things like that which I think is why I stalled, but I do like the sound of this diet although it sounds quite hard for the first week - but just like CD & Atkins really and if I can feel healthy again as I'm fed up with eating rubbish & feeling rubbish all the time, well that's got to be a good thing!

So thanks for your status this morning Karen & I'll let you know when I get the book - but the more I read about this, the more keen I am on giving it a go.

Jan x

Hello Karen & all you other Harcombe Dieters, I saw your Facebook status this morning Karen & spent all morning (whilst in work :eek:) googling & reading about Harcombe diet, and I'm really interested and have just ordered the book from Amazon.

Having lost 3 and bit stone with Cambridge nearly 4 years ago, over the last 18 months the weight has crept back again & I've tried & failed to do Cambridge again & every other diet known to man & am totally fed up with it all.

I did Atkins a while ago, and did really well the first week then stalled for about 3 weeks and gave up, I missed carbs and was eating too many of the bars and things like that which I think is why I stalled, but I do like the sound of this diet although it sounds quite hard for the first week - but just like CD & Atkins really and if I can feel healthy again as I'm fed up with eating rubbish & feeling rubbish all the time, well that's got to be a good thing!

So thanks for your status this morning Karen & I'll let you know when I get the book - but the more I read about this, the more keen I am on giving it a go.

Jan x

Hi Jan

Oh you're very welcome hun... it does look good on paper doesn't it? And there are people here that have had some great success with it...

I know i'm going to struggle with the slow losses but i need to find something non cd related as i want a social life!! lol.

Good luck, let us know how you get on xx

Hi Karen, i totally understand about not loosing like you do on cd, but i also need to sort out this sweet tooth of mine as even on cd i have only choc shakes :sigh:

Look forward to seeing your losses :)

Thanks for the recipe, I am going to try it! xx

Hi Karen

It is great you are feeling so positive about the diet today. If you stick to it, it will work. Like you I was hooked on CD but I am more than happy with the losses on THD and the fact that I can eat! Socially it is great and that is the bif difference compared to CD because you can stay on the diet all the time.

Tell Jim to read the book because everyone should eat 3 meals a day. lol

Luv and hugs

Pam xx

Day 2

Overnight i lost 0.4lbs. Not good.

Today's menu is :

B: Bacon and tinned toms
L: Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Dill
D: Lamb steak, salad (was going to have roasted veggies but i have some salad to use up!).

Have a good day!

It's a loss and it's only day 2! It might all come off in a big chunk in a day or two - plus if you're like me and ate all weekend in anticipation of starting a new diet you're probably still adjusting to the gain from that alongside the loss from yesterday - so don't be downhearted! You've started loosing and that's got to be good!!

Says Auntie Jan wagging her finger at you :p

Keep up the good work & have a good day today - menu sounds good, soup sounds lovely:)

Back