MY Harcombe Diet - Day 15 - Phase 2

Hi Karen, well done with your 1st day yesterday.................I''m off to buy veg to make some soup! I love carrot and coriander soup - in the Harcombe recipe book it says its not allowed in Phase 1 however, the recipe says to add cream whereas I never bother when I make it, so I am assuming if I don't add the cream it should be ok? I use carrots (obviously), onion, fresh and dry coriander and veg stock for this so can't see a problem.........am I right?x

soup sounds fine to me Caroline.
Karen when i did phase 1 the sacles hardly moved for the 1st couple days then jumped down,give it a proper chance

No probs with that soup Caroline x

Jane, thanks hun, that is really good to know.... i'm loving it lots i really am so hoping it works!!!! lol x

Dont panic Karen. I had a textbook first day yesterday and the scales have not moved an ounce. I am going to wait till Saturday morning and see what the scales of doom say then. Even if the weight loss isn't spectacular it will be interesting to see how I feel after 5 days of no diary, caffeine or processed carbs.

Thanks J, i'm also looking forward to seeing how i feel on day 6!! Plus of course to that gorgeous glass of red! lol.

Well i've just had the Roasted BNS soup with dill for lunch and it was scrummmmmy!!!!

I have my nieces tea party to go to at 4pm so will maybe have a chicken drumstick, then look forward to my lamb steak around 7pm. Have a bit of BNS left over so am going to try some BNS chips.

All sounds too good to be true doesn't it? lol

Mmm yummy! Are you feeling hungry between meals at all? I might order the book soon and start reading up in preperation! xx

Hi Sarah

Ummm not really, just before eating i start to feel hungry but then i only have minutes to wait before it's all dished up lol.

I have to say i'm finding it v easy so far..... *touches wood*

Karen, dont worry about the scales. Like Jane said it took a few days before I really dropped. Be patient Cariad, it is the result on Day 6 you can look orward to. Remember i you have a huge weight loss it will be mainly fluid whereas a smaller one will mean real fat loss. I really must try the Roasted BNS soup.

Sarah, after Phase 1 I can honestly say that I have not felt hungry or even really fanciful.

Pamxxx

Thanks Karen and Pam, it all sounds so good! xx

How is your day two going
today I woke with a headache and as I dont have caffeine its not that :)

Could be carb/sugar withdrawal - i always get a headache on day 2 as soon as i cut down on my carbs x

Hiya

I'm OK, i have been sneezing and got a bit of a runny nose but just very slight feelings.

I've just been to my niece's birthday party and omg the food!!!! I had some chicken drumsticks but how i resisted everything else i do not know!!! :rolleyes:

Jim's just cooking our lamb steaks :p

Yes this is very true re CD ladies and if i was on phase two i coulda had a glass of red!!

O.M.F.G @ B.N.S chips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in love!!! I want them every day..... seriously unbelievably yummy *salivates*.

I'm so glad you are enjoying it!!

Guess you enjoyed your dinner :):)
the sneezing and cold/flu symptoms is often linked to dairy so keep a special eye on that when you reintroduce things

Re: MY Harcombe Diet - Day 2

Enjoyed is an understatement!! Lol.

Oh that's interesting re dairy.... Will keep an eye out! I was thinking that the only thing my body would crave is caffeine as I've done cd for so long I've pretty much deprived it of everything else lol!!

I'm thinking of having shredded wheat and skimmed milk for breakfast next week.....

Lucky you, being able to have Shredded Wheat. They dont sell it out here but the English shop that we went to last week usually does. But no, they were out of stock.

Look at how many new foods you are trying and enjoying! That's great. What does Jim think of the diet?

On to day 3 tomorrow. :D

Pam xxx

Re: MY Harcombe Diet - Day 2

Thanks Pam!! I have never tried shredded wheat but I'm looking forward to it!!

Well peeps I'm another 1.8lbs down making 2.2lbs in 2 days.

Back