My Harcombe Diet Journey - Started 25/03/13

AudreyOG

Hello fellow Harcombe dieters!!!!
So a friend of mine has just given me the Harcombe Diet book (Why do you overeat?) and I have decided to start tomorrow. I have read bits of it today and I am so motivated right now, heading out shortly to do a big shop for tomorrow.. I have tried diet after diet but they never last too long. I have no confidence in myself due to my weight gain over the last few years and this is going to change tomorrow!
I have a serious addiction to sugar and I binge eat all of the time. I feel guilty for doing it and then binge again to make myself feel better.. so the cycle has continued and I have put on over 4 stone in the last 5 to 6 years. I'm not 100% sure of my weight at the moment, I think it is around 15 stone but I will check for sure later on. At 5'8 that makes me obese but I am so confident in my ability to change. I have a wedding on the 3rd of August and my aim is to feel good about myself by then! And I have a holiday booked to Spain for the end of August so I do have a few dates to keep me motivated. I was supposed to abroad last October but I felt so self conscious that I never went, despite having it all paid for. So I am determined that this will not happen this summer..
Best of luck to everyone on this journey, this section of the forum seems pretty quiet but we will support each other.
Audrey x

Last edited:
So my starting weight is.... 14st 6lbs! Really shocked that I wasn't heavier because I've been eating loads of crap lately but I ain't complaining! ;)
Goal number one is to get under 14 stone and be in the 13s, which will also give me a bmi of under 30 so I will no longer be 'obese'... hate that word haha..
I've bought loads of salads, meats, veg and NLY for tomorrow and I've also arranged to go to aerobics with a friend so onwards and upwards from here!

DAY 1: So breakfast this morning was 2 bacon, 1 egg and fried tomato... was yummy!
Lunch will be a big chicken salad with cucumber, lettuce, tomato and all that jazz..
And dinner is still undecided! Feeling super motivated so far but I'm not taking it for granted because I know how quickly and easy my cravings can change!
How's everyone doing today? x

hi audrey , hi sarah jane230 i started yesterday at 15.3 :0( never got back down afetr having my son 2 and a half years ago , lost some but just messing around really so because ive been doing primal / paleo for a while i felt this was a great sounding programme eating real foods too so fingers crossed it will give me a boost .lovely to have a few other newbies around , ive done so many different diets over the years , im hoping this no nonsense plan works as well as it sounds .

Yes girls we will certainly do it! how are ye finding the cravings? I have had a few urges today for sugar but they have only lasted a few seconds but in those few seconds I wanted to just stuff my face and then start again tomorrow... but still going strong! Just had dinner of chicken, ratatouille and brown rice it was lovely and I had some NLY! I did an hour long aerobics class today.. I am quite fit and do it a few times most weeks but I found it harder today than I ever had.. I hadn't eaten any carbs all day so I think the next time I will have a yoghurt beforehand so I'll have more energy x

Hi ladies

day 1 seems to have gone well. Craved sugar about 4 but I managed to get past it.

Day 2 planned menu

B - eggs , Bacon and tomatos
L - prawn salad
D - spag bol without the pasta

I am not able to do exercise as I have 2 slipped discs at the moment.

Hope you both have a good day.
xx

Hi ladies

day 1 seems to have gone well. Craved sugar about 4 but I managed to get past it.

Day 2 planned menu

B - eggs , Bacon and tomatos
L - prawn salad
D - spag bol without the pasta

I am not able to do exercise as I have 2 slipped discs at the moment.

Hope you both have a good day.
xx

Well done getting past the cravings, it feels great at the end of the day knowing how crap we would be feeling if we had given in! Menu sounds great, looking forward to my fry in the morning already lol. Hope the back isn't hurting too much! Best of luck tomorrow x

Day 2: Breakfast was 2 bacon and 1 egg again, it was lovely. Really really struggling today.. I just wanna eat all around me!... chocolate, bread, biscuits etc. I keep trying to talk myself into doing weight watchers or one of those groups because I'll be able to have everything in moderation but I'm gonna try my hardest to stick it out! Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Stick with it Audrey even just for phase 1. It is very hard but only 3 more days and let's see the results.

I was thinking the same and might do ww after phase I. using it as a kick start.

hope it gets easier for you

hi ladies , dont do it !!!!!! lol
it said on the harcombe website youd get all these little voices convincing you back to the sugar monster whatever way it can ,im certainly getting the but ive tried alsorts and im still here in this position so i kinda think well as much as i convince myself otherwise this is the way forward . i know on ww and such you get to eat everything but so much is processed and full of sugar. i read a slogan on a paleo board which said , if you see a label saying low fat and low sugar think chemical s**t storm , i though oh my god of course it is , what else will it be but a pile of chemicals designed to taste like real food already tastes .
Ive been doing so much reading the last 6 months and there is a huge movement regarding real food and eating good fats and it just seems to make sense . sorry if i sound preachy i dont mean to i just think a bit of support is what we need when doubting our selves :0)

sarah jane230 have you tried a spirulina ( i think thats what its called ) can get them cheap enough on the internet , it makes veg into thin spaghetti like strips or other fancy shapes ect , i do courgette of which im not usually a fan and i swear you cant really tell the difference when eating it with your sauce . i loove it now . tomorrow ill be making pork meatballs and tomato sause for with my vegie pasta , mmm cant wait lol :0)

hope your feeling better ladies , dont give in were all doing so well taking this first step , and if in doubt chew on this
THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT !!!! hmmmm :0D
xx

Back