My head is melted and I need advice ! !

Firstly what are you affraid of, why dont you list them fears in priority and lets see if we can all make them less scary x

Ok,

1. I am afraid of putting weight back on.
2. I am afraid of going back to the tired, lethargic me.
3. I dont want to loose the confidence that I have built up.

It doesnt seem that much does it?? But when I think about eating again I want to cry!!

How silly is that!!

I need to get my head sorted about eating again and I will be very good with eating, probably more careful than many people!

Im being silly!

Sorry :cry:

I really hope it goes well but having your OH on maintenance with your would be just as good as him staying on LT in my opinion :D both there to support each other and slap hands if they stray :p I wish you all the luck in the world :) but I dont think you need it :D

Thank you honey x x

No worries :D and in no way are you being silly! every fear you've listed is in every dieters head. I've only been on LT for 4 weeks and I'm already worried about refeeding and maintaining! :( You'll get through it 1 step at a time. just deal with the present :)

"the past is history
tomorrow is a mystery
but today is a gift
that is why it's called the present"

:D

Ok,

1. I am afraid of putting weight back on.
2. I am afraid of going back to the tired, lethargic me.
3. I dont want to loose the confidence that I have built up.

It doesnt seem that much does it?? But when I think about eating again I want to cry!!

How silly is that!!

I need to get my head sorted about eating again and I will be very good with eating, probably more careful than many people!

Im being silly!

Sorry :cry:

OK right, well lets see.....
1. In all honesty you will put a little weight back on BUT certainly not all of it, you can help minimising this by counting those calories.

2. You have already lost a lot of weight and you will not be tired or feel lathargic as you did carrying that extra 5 stone you have just lost, so no worries here

3.you must have noticed your confidence as increased ten fold, this will not disappear over night, so little miss confident, dont worry about that

NO your not been silly and never apologise for been naturally concerned about the transition from LT to food.

Enjoy your break and I bet you come back much stronger.

One last thing, Scaz as had some 5hit of late but he had a break and look at him the skinny sod is still hard at it and doing awsome. ;)xxx

Hi hun.

I've read all the replies & can clearly see that its what you really want to do, so fair enough.

Its my birthday this week & as much as i'd love to have a bit of birthday cake i'm not & will stick to LT. Theres always other birthday & other days to eat & one days isn't worth it for me.

I will however be coming off of LT for 1 week over xmas. Partly because it'd be nice to have a roast dinner/proper xmas with my husband & young kids. Also i'm going to be volunteering at a Crisis centre on the 23rd & 24th of Dec so having shakes would be too difficult. I fully intend to get back on LT the day after boxing day. I should hopefully only be 7-10lb from a 'normal' BMI then, although i want to lost that plus an extra stone.

I am struggling today esp when my son bought in hot chips & a sausage from the chippy on his way back from the England match.... they smelt & looked amazing.

Personally i wouldn't come off of it for your brothers birthday but for 1-2 weeks at xmas but thats just me.

x

Hey laura. Uhhm.. Obviously the choice is completely yours and yours alone. But I think I would be very cautious about coming off for such a long period?!

I've decided to for go christmas/new year and stay on it until may (which is my target for starting refeed)

If you were to stop now thats potentially another 5th of your required weight loss!!

sorry if I come off like a dick...

Dave

Laura, I firmly believe you must do what suits you but …………. (why is there always a but!) ……… whilst I understand you coming off at Christmas, you have a longer journey than most, I would urge you to be careful. Many people over-indulge over the festival season, I’ve been in houses where there is so much booze and naughties that you wonder if Tescos have any left on their shelves!!!! I hope to be at my target for Christmas but if I am close but not there then I think I will stick at it. Even if I reach my target there is no way I am going to ruin my hard work. I will have Christmas lunch, veg, meat, maybe a roast potato and a bit of stuffing but I don’t want to eat just coz it is there as I have in the past! I’m lucky coz I hate Christmas pud and mince pies and am not much of a drinker, in fact I am always the driver and don’t drink! Oh I plan to enjoy Christmas but the centre of my enjoyment will be the company rather than the food (which it was in the past!)

Why don’t you stick to 2 shakes and a low-fat, low-carb, low-calorie meal the week before Christmas then go back on asap? The less carbs you have the easier it will be to get back on the LT train. Use the lessons you have learnt about food so far help you to minimise any weight gain.

At the end of the day, it is entirely up to you what you do and I am confident that you will not undo your loss so far by bingeing. I have faith in you babe, you just have to have faith in yourself.

X

P.S. The Maintenance shakes have more carbs in them as far as I know, though I am no expert as I am still 2 stone away from refeed!!!

Have just checked, the maintenance soup, for example, has more carbs and fibre but weirdly less calories, protein, fat and salt than the LT one! Hope that helps!

x

Perhaps look at another option like maybe doing CD at their 810 or 1000 stages so you still are dieting but can have something to eat whilst everyone else is...although you will be having your CD approved meal.

Just dont let yourself get to stressed about it. Stress is the road to ruin!

Hi hun, I understand what you are saying about your plan for your brother's birthday and for Xmas. Whilst I wouldn't necessarily do that myself all you are actually doing is the same as working up the plans on CD. If your pharmacist would agree you might even be able to have the normal shakes rather than maintenance shakes for some of the time, if you wanted.

The bit I am not understanding is why you have decided that you want to move this plan forward by a month. Your post asked for honest responses so if you want to, could you explain this. You say that you have been struggling for the last week or two, is this why you want to change your plans? If this is the case it might be helpful to consider in what way you have been struggling and if we can help with that at all.

My concern is not that you are going to follow maintenance, it is your certainty that come January you will be able to just pick up where you are leaving off now. If you are struggling now, what makes you think it will be better/easier in January to continue all the way to goal?

This is my third time on lipotrim and I can honestly say that whilst you may be able to switch back to TFR at the appointed time, it is very difficult.

That doesn't mean I don't have faith in you because I do. You are an amazing lady who has achieved a lot already and are important on here. I am just worried about why the sudden urgency to stop.

That said whatever you decide you will get our full support on here and you know yourself that we have people like Scaz who have achieved a planned break and returned in brilliant style x

All I can say is stick with LT..You did say you wanted it plain and straight :p

The reason why I say this...Is because You have years of celebrations ahead of you when you get down to you're target weight (Birthday's..Christmas's Easter, and so on!), I know it is you're brothers 18th..But I feel that don't mean you cannot go there and have fun without eating food and having a few cheeky Vimto's (My fave :p) And it does seem like it is a huge gap from now until January...You have done amazing Laura and you are a real inspiration to many of us on here :) But I just think you should stick to it and keep losing weight as you have been doing, And amazingly I should add ;) I know at Christmas I will not becoming off LP full stop I have even said to my family that I will be sat there at the dinner table on Christmas day with my cup of Chicken soup :D But like everyone has said it is totally you're decision and you have already said that you will be doing it all next year and I have faith that you will succeed no matter what..You are amazing sweetie..Do what you think is best!! :):):)

((Big Hugs))

Hi Laura

I think only you knows what is right for you but i can say that suddenly having to come off LT was quite a shock to the system and I was worried i would just pig out and eat anything in sight but it was buffered by the fact that i had planned my refeed menu on a very boring sunday afternoon in August even though i wasnt planning on doing it till December!! (i think i was starvin a the time lol) i had a 2 week plan of what i was going to eat to keep me on track post LT, it sounds a bit sad and nerdy but it did help my anxiety about starting to eat again, and once i started to follow this after my 3 day subway salad emergency refeed menu i felt a helluva lot better and more in control of what i was eating. Maybe this would work for you sit down plan the whole week or 2 weeks worth of meals including which ones your going to use your shake for then stick to it that way in your head your still following a regimented routine and you are in control of what you are eating. Now im on SW i find that if i just dont plan one day i end up havinge a rubbish day and stray but if i plan a day or two in advance what im eating for the next couple of days i stick to it.

If i can im going back on LT in January so we will be in the same boat and can help each other get back on track :) hope everything goes ok for you

Gen x

Hi Laura sorry to hear you are struggling...whilst ultimately the decision is yours. I can understand why you didn't disclose the emotional difficulties you have had to your pharmacist but it does warn you that if you have these then being on LT can be a risk, so do take them into account when making your decision x.
I don't have the answers specificaly for you only you can really balance the pros and cons and making a list like of them may be a good idea.
If you decide to come of LT for a period of time I agree with Genie about making a list for the period of time you will be off it to keep the structure in place.
I made it clear from the start I would break my weight loss into 3 phases. Each phase is planned around specific dates, xmas, a trip to Paris and to be finished by my birthday in August. I did this as 8 stone is a lot to lose and I figured a year was an ok time to spread that over. 1st phase LT....2nd phase either LT or CD with a meal and 3rd phase the dishiest personal trainer I can find (mmm) and healthy eating cookery lessons to teach me how to keep it off come off long term. Thinking of it this way for me was a way of not becoming "emotionally dependent" on LT as being a long term weight maintenance product. So that my default should I gain a few pounds after completing my weight loss journey my first step would be to up my exercise and control my eating not TFR. Not sure if this helps but good luck with what decision you make xxx

Hi Laura

I would advocate you sticking with LT hun. I'd worry about anyone who decides to come off LT for Xmas. My pharmacist was just telling me last week what a big downfall Xmas is for people, even those who are really determined.

At first I was hoping to have finished refeed and been on maintenance by December, not only because of Xmas but also because I was going to go out for a meal to celebrate my best friend's 30th birthday (so yes, a milestone birthday!). But now that I won't manage it in time (if I'd managed the 1 stone a month average I would have, but I'm one of the slow and steady brigade lol! :rolleyes:), I'm actually now glad that I'll still be on LT over Xmas - because it keeps me detached and completely away from temptation. If I'd been able to eat at Xmas, it would have been so easy to fall into the "I've lost all this weight so one won't hurt" trap. Also, with being surrounded by naughty stuff at Xmas it would be easy to get back the taste for the wrong things, and we all know that's a slippery slope!!

I want to be through refeed, plus a few weeks doing maintenance, then well used to healthy eating before I am faced with temptation - so it will be much easier to resist once I am into healthy habits. I don't want to be straight out of LT and suddenly confronted with Xmas - the one time of the year when pressure to eat and drink is at its highest!

My pharmacist has told me so many times that it is much harder to do LT the second time, not only because it is so much harder to stick to it strictly the second time, but also people tend to not lose so well when they go back onto it, which in turn makes it harder still to stick to. Anyone who has done the same diet twice (as I did with Slimming World) will have found that diets just don't seem to have the same effect the second time. Having said that though, Scaz is one of the exceptions to this rule though - lucky sod!! :p

Sorry to sound all doom and gloom hunni - but this is my honest opinion and I can only speak from personal experience. For me, it really is not worth breaking the diet and making it harder on myself for the sake of just a couple of days, just because of the pressure of social conventions. And who said that Xmas had to be all about food and drink anyway?!! It is about spending time with loved ones, which you can do without filling your face lol!

Besides, once you have lost the weight, you have the rest of your life to enjoy partying at Xmas - looking amazing and feeling fantastic! :D

As for my friend's birthday in December, I have spoken to her about it and she is cool about going out in the New Year instead, because she knows how important this is to me and understands the risks of breaking the diet and trying to go back on it again, she doesn't want me to fail on this any more than I do. She knows I have been unable to lose weight on other diets (she's seen me try SO many!) and knows that this is my one chance to finally get to goal. Because true friends who care about you will understand these things.

Besides, I'll be a much more fun person to go out with when I feel more confident and outgoing in my slinky clothes! :D

Anyway hun, you have to do what's best for you, just make sure you have a plan and stick to it, whatever your decision. Good luck! :D

Sorry for the loooooong post!! :eek:

Mxx

Oh Laura -if I were you I'd stick to your original plan. That way you'll side step any guilt or feelings of failure because thats your plan for the start. Also, whilst Fattothin is right -its not worth breaking just to get lashed and eat cocktail sausages, losing weight is NOT always more important than 'fun' and family gatherings. No one knows what the future hols and not to be morbid -but everyone has a final birthday if ya get what I mean and I'm not trying to be jinxy. If you can, stick with it until your wee bro's birthday -enjoy it, then maybe a few more weeks of TFR, and enjoy Xmas then roll on Jan with no breaks!

I'm so pleased and proud of you. You are doing so amazingly well.

Hi Laura,

I think I know your feelings, I am suffering, as well, from depression and anxiety and getting advise from a counsellor.

It is difficult to make decissions in life, very difficult, yesterday it was my 42nd birthday and did not have any celebration at all, 3 weeks ago it was my 5th wedding anniversay, no celebration at all either. I just convinced myself that obesity is a serious sickness and I am gonna do my best to get cured; so it is my first priority in life. I know it is hard not to socialize at all while on LT but the other only solution for me was surgery, and believe I don't want to reach that point.

My advise is keep on TFR program at all cost, at least until xmas, your family/friends will understand your decision and will encourage you to keep on, at least from my own experience.

Think how happy you will be when you reach your target, shopping clothes will be a pleasure time again...,etc,etc.

Going on the maintenance program will be also good, for me shows your determination to loose weight but it is more slow and you might become more anxious...

Anyway it is up to you to decide what it is best for yourself, hope your keep strong and reach your target

All the best,

Hey all,

I am sorry to have taken so long to reply, but to be honest, making the decision was that hard, that I just needed to think on my own, I know I asked for your opinions and thank you all for replying.

Everyone had vaild points, that I really did think about, I have hardly slept since Saturday, that is how stressed I have been about this, its been on my mind constantly since it became an option.

I decided that I would go on maintaince for many reasons, and when I think deeply about it I feel like crying.

I have been on refeed since yesterday, it felt so weird eating, it really wasnt as good as you would think after 9 weeks, and to be honest I get more pleasure out of being in ketosis than I did eating.

I felt so ill last night, and felt that bad for the calories that I had eaten, even though there were very few, I went walking for a hour ! ! So if being on refeed/maintance makes me exercise more then that is a bonus as I really need to tone.

My OH started refeed yesterday too, he had a medical today for a new job and to be honest we thought that him being on a diet would help, but in actual fact it stopped him passing the medical today as ketones and protein showed up on his urine test, even though he explained to the doctor, the doctor still would not pass him so he has to go back tomorrow, so he had to eat a meal today full of carbs, which is dire in refeed week, but him getting this new job is so important as his current job is beging to affect his health due to stress levels. Now I am so worried about the protein as it shouldnt be there in respect of LT ! !

I will still be on the forum, at the end of the day, after re feed I will be still on LT, just 2 shakes and one meal a day rather than the 3 shakes. Then come January I will be back on LT until I get where I need to be.

Thank you all for your support, it really does mean alot to me.

I hope to continue loosing on maintance.

x x x

I know I am being pants on this myself at the moment but thats because I CAME OFF IT :-(
This diet is the dogs B**ll*cks if your head is in it & basically first time round seemed so much easier than I am finding it now. From posts on here I believe its the same for many so my advice would be to stick with it hun.
BUT on saying that there are sucesses that have had a break like scaz I noticed he had a month off & got back full swing so it is possible.

Bit of a toughie hun, sorry I aint much use but good luck whatever ya decide cos ya doing fantastic
Niki
x

Thank you !!

My OH had another test today and although the ketones are gone, the protein is still there and there is some blood too :(:(:(

Back