My home grown evening meal last night (with pic!)

jaylou

Gold Member
Look at my lovely home grown meal!!

Put some pasta on to boil.

Fry onions and garlic in fry light until soft and add thinly sliced courgettes and garden peas. Add some lemon zest and lots of freshly ground black pepper and cook gently.

Toss the cooked pasta in with the veg adding some of the pasta water and stir in some fresh parsley (mint if you wish) and parmesan (syns) if required.

Absolutely gorgeous and everything except the pasta was out of the garden!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 114
That looks delicious, I felt as though I could take the lettuce right off the plate, well done on your garden produce and your recipe. X

yummy that sound (and looks) lovely

I do a bit of grow me own too, it's so exciting teehee

Gorgeous Jay! Well done.

Next year, why not grow your own pasta too!!!

spagetti_strands.jpg

I do like to illustrate my posts :D

Looks Scrummy, If you were nearer I'd be round for tea mmm

xx

Looks delish!

With this warm weather and the downpours of rain we're getting now, home grown veg will be growing like the clappers! My butternut squash has tripled in size in the last couple days. It's amazing. I do so love this time of year!! :D

Tis a long way Natt, if you were round the corner..... !!! Just share in the joy of my platter of good grub and recreate it, it's easy peasy!

Oooh that looks lovely, I had a mahooosive plateful of broad beans from the garden for my supper, just couldn't resist them once I'd picked them!

J x

OMG you mean you haven't got a pasta tree yet! They are brilliant but go a bit soggy when it rains lol.

The meal looked lovely though and am pleased you enjoyed the home produce, much better than shop bought anyday.

Home grown veg is just the biz isn't it? I notice my wok broc has tiny purple heads coming on it, can't wait!

Back