My husband- update

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
As some of you know, my beloved husband was diagnosed with having cancer before Christmas (38- never smoked- healthy- fit strong-utterly beatiful and the kindest man in the entire world- absolute shock from nowhere)

Well, I haven't been around much, but things are getting a little bit more normal, so wanted to just give an update to those who I know were thinking of us.

He had a pretty aggressive daily course of radiotherapy to his face for 4 weeks all over xmas/New Year and got through it like an absolute trojan. To look at him you would never know there was a thing wrong with him- even had one pretty good side effect of all his nasal hair falling out!!!

The tumour was slow growing, but these are also slow dying, so we have a horrible wait now for 2-3 months until they can take the next tests and we hopefully receive the news we want- that the cancer is dead and gone for good.

Thanks for the support- especially Heather, Jay and Leah (Funcurls, Jaylou and Mancbird).

Keep your fingers crossed for us, my Minimins friends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck and best wishes for the future x

As some of you know, my beloved husband was diagnosed with having cancer before Christmas (38- never smoked- healthy- fit strong-utterly beatiful and the kindest man in the entire world- absolute shock from nowhere)

Well, I haven't been around much, but things are getting a little bit more normal, so wanted to just give an update to those who I know were thinking of us.

He had a pretty aggressive daily course of radiotherapy to his face for 4 weeks all over xmas/New Year and got through it like an absolute trojan. To look at him you would never know there was a thing wrong with him- even had one pretty good side effect of all his nasal hair falling out!!!

The tumour was slow growing, but these are also slow dying, so we have a horrible wait now for 2-3 months until they can take the next tests and we hopefully receive the news we want- that the cancer is dead and gone for good.

Thanks for the support- especially Heather, Jay and Leah (Funcurls, Jaylou and Mancbird).

Keep your fingers crossed for us, my Minimins friends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sweetheart, I've been away from the boards for a while so had no idea what you were going through. Big hugs from me and of course fingers crossed xxx

You are both absolutely stars Claire. So glad he's done well and fingers crossed for that test in a few months.
I'm chuffed to bits to have you as my virtual friend lovely. xx

Well reading this certainly puts everything into perspective. I really hope that you have good news and have fingers crossed for you x

Goodness, I didn't know you were going through all that what a terrible time for you both. Well done to hubby for coming through the treatment so strongly and well done to you for being there, supporting him and getting him through it. What an agonising wait for you now, I have everything crossed that the news is good in a couple of months. xx

Wishing you and your husband all the best, I hope you get the wonderful news you've been waiting for x

Thinking of you CP, wishing him all the best & glad you are ok too XX

Please, please forgive me. I had no idea.
Your husband sounds like a fantastic man, a real fighter.
There are such brilliant steps forward in cancer treatments these days that it is not the dreaded disease it was years ago. It is still bad enough, still so scary but every day new treatments are used.
Please tell him that I am 7 and a half years down the line from a stage 3 cancer dx and am now in remission and have never felt so well or so grateful for my life.

Big, big hugs for you both xxxxx
bighug.gif

Well reading this certainly puts everything into perspective. I really hope that you have good news and have fingers crossed for you x

Doesn't it just !!!

What an awful thing to go through. Thinking of you both and all of your families too. Stay strong and you'll get through.

Big hugs, love and best wishes xxxx

Love Marge
:grouphugg:

Back