Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

My introduction, also restarting CD-2nd time round!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by susandan, 7 February 2007 Social URL.

1. susandan

susandan Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Susan, I am 41 (soon to be 42, but we won’t talk about that), married for nearly 23 years to my wonderful husband Ian, we have three children, two girls, 21 & 17 and a boy 14. My 21 year old is making me a grandma around 3rd May and I am totally not prepared for that at all, but that’s a story for another day..lol!
    Anyway, I did CD last year and lost 3 stone in 3 months before going on our first holiday in 9 years to Mexico, I’m so glad I lost the weight because I don’t think I would have even booked it if I hadn’t have lost all that weight, it made all the difference to the holiday and it was fantastic!
    A month before the hols I tore the large muscle in the back of my calf and I was on crutches for two weeks, It was a miracle I recovered and didn’t have to cancel the holiday, everything seemed fine until we came back and I started to suffer with chronic back pain then also since Christmas chronic neck pain – this may have had something to do with being on crutches and awakening old wounds so I’m told as I had similar problems about 8 years ago. So I recently had a MRI scan (thanks to private heath care my hubbies employer pays for) on my back and neck to find that basically 3 discs in neck 'had it', 3 discs in lower back 'had it' too! Been on painkillers and anti-inflammatory for god knows how long and next Thursday I am going into the North Staffs Nuffield hospital to have facet joint injections in my lower back so hopefully after 3-5 days of more agony (so I'm told) these injections will block the pain and I get to go back to work in about a months time (crikey, I only do 2 eight hours shifts, but mainly standing and can't even do that)!
    When I was on CD I got into a comfy 16s, tight 14s, I am now back in a tight 18s, eating really healthy (we are all vegetarians, with me trying to convert to vegan), but no exercise for about 6 months, even 13 minutes on my treadmill put me in total agony! But I am now managing a walk everyday, not without pain, but I know how far to take it!
    I haven't weighed myself for about 4 months and I am not going to, this time I am going to use clothes as a guide, if I see the numbers on the scale it will just sink me into depression! I have put some weight back on, don’t think all of it and I am not trying to make excuses but to me pain = depression/lack of exercise = weight gain!
    I have 25 CD packs left from last year and am in the process of doing the ‘slow introduction back to ssing’ hopefully I will be ssing completely on Monday 12th February, I thought it would be the right time to give it another shot because I am expecting after Thursday to be out of action totally for a few days and I want to shift at least a stone before returning back to work!
    I used to post occasionally on the discovery health forum and that is where I heard about this forum, I see a few familiar names on here, I hope I can join in now and again!
    I hope I can do it as well as last time……it would be wonderful!

Apologies for the long post but I felt I needed to introduce myself ect before replying to any posts!!

Cheers all….susan xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Susan :D

Lovely to see you, to read about how you are at the moment and to welcome you to Minimins :)

I have every confidence that you will acheive what you want as far as weight loss and I hope you can already see how much support there is here as well as a really good time with many laughs :D

Glad you decided to make the switch and join us all.

Look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better.

Lacey :)

4. GoingToLoseWeight

GoingToLoseWeight Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Very best of luck! This is a lovely forum.

Amy

5. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Amy :)

Glad you are enjoying it here and feel like that.

Lacey :D

6. GoingToLoseWeight

GoingToLoseWeight Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've found it invaluable over the last week.

Amy

7. chrisb

chrisb Full Member

Hi Susan and welcome. You will recieve lots of support here. Its been a god send to me over the last three weeks.

Chris. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.