My jelly didn't set!! What did I do wrong??

Lucky7

Lucky7
I can't figure it out!

I used the sugar free jelly crystals like I have before, and they all dissolved properly. Might it be the fruit I put in? (Kiwi, raspberries and mango).

I'm very dissapointed. :cry:

yeh some fruits stop jelly from setting!! :( i know pineapple does!

that is sad though i LOVE jelly! berries are usually fine it in though for future reference!

X

It'll be the kiwi. It has been known to stop jelly setting other than that maybe the jelly was out of date. I had this problem once as didn't realise I'd had the jelly for so long.

It was fresh kiwi, and frozen raspberries and mango. Jelly was in date and def half hot and half cold... What a shame - I was looking forward to that.

Am consoling myself with a Fab lolly now.

it does state on the packages what fruit exactly wont make it set, just so you know :) every other fruit not listed on the back is fine, and yummy too.. sorry about your jelly hon! x

"NOTE: Do not use fresh or frozen pineapple, kiwi, gingerroot, papya, figs, or guava. Gelatin will not set."

Ah yes - the kiwi.
On that site it says canned pineapple is okay (but then you'd need to syn that).

It's the enzymes in certain fruit that stop gelatine from setting. I didn't know about kiwi and the others, but I did know about pineapple.

Back