My job is making me ill.

I sincerely understand,if you read my diary you will see why:)
Don't be too hard on yourself, I am learning that some of us are just more sensitive than others, that we all have our strengths and weaknesses;)
I am on a tough journey at the moment and I hope you don't have to go through what I have, but you must put yourself first and your health.
Someone with a broken leg gets sympathy and understanding but when we are suffering inside nobody can see our pain:sigh:
Take care of yourself and message me any time.:)

I really feel for you hun :( I've been in this situation before & my anxiety & depression have ruined many jobs for me in the past.

Like you, I didn't find antidepressants or counselling particularly helpful. Most people see CBT as a miracle cure, but I've been through that, IPT & Personal Construct Pyschotherapy. The final one, PCP, was the only one that really helped me.

I hope you're able to find a new job soon. I feel as though my anxiety and depression are returning with the stresses of my new job. I just hope I can hold out long enough, until I can find some sort of therapy (although fitting it in to my ever changing shift patterns make it seem impossible) or I can find something better.

Oh mate :( I'm really sorry I'm only just reading this now. First chance I've sat at the puter for a few days!
If there is anything at all I can help you with I will. And if you ever need to talk I'm always here.
Lots and lots of love.xx

Just to let you know that I am thinking of you this morning as I am sure all of the contributors to this thread are.

I hope today is better for you.

hugs xxxxx

I have a confession........I'm not at work. After stressing myself out completely last night thinking about going to work today I decided enough was enough and I went to see my GP this morning.

She's signed me off for 2 weeks, and I need to go back then and see how it's going. My blood pressure is up and my pulse rate is 120bpm+.

Just want to say thanks again to everyone who posted a reply to this thread, I really appreciate the advice and support.

Just use the time and look after number one - yourself.
There will be light at the end of the tunnel, maybe at this moment in time you don't see it as yet. But I am sure you are making the right decisions and you will pull through and end up in a miles better situation.
Big hugs,
Jill xx

my thoughts are with you.:)

:grouphugg::grouphugg:

I've always said if I was unhappy in a job I would leave BUT it is easier said than done when there are bills to pay.

I really do feel for you and I know what you mean about having time off and it not looking good with future employees but if you are being affected so badly then you do have to have time off.

My thoughts are with you and I hope something else comes up soon. xxx

Back