My journey back to target after pregnancy :)

That's good. Good luck for weigh in then - sounds like you are doing great. A local SW consultant said that wine syns have gone up and it's now done on glass size and % vol of the wine. I've put a picture below. I have however, contacted SW's syns team because there is nothing on the SW website to say this, and the syns online and the syns app all give the original values. I heard someone say that it was a rumour that the syns have changed, so I've emailed SW to get it from the horses mouth one way or the other. I'm hoping they haven't gone up otherwise I'll be going well over my syns on a Saturday night. I don't drink on a school night (I actually work in a school too) but I share a bottle of wine with my husband on a Saturday night (Friday's are a no no because of weigh in Saturday morning). If the syns have gone up then 2 glasses would send me well over. Tbh, I'm not giving up my Saturday wine for anyone, so if the syns have gone up, then I'll just have to go over my syns on a Saturday. End of. I'll let you know if I hear back from them about whether it's true or not.

2evqkvd.jpg

Last edited:
Crumbs, although it makes sense I hope its not true!

Weigh in tonight, not looking forward to it all of a sudden, silly really. I've had a funeral today, it was so upsetting as it was a 4 year old that my son goes to school with, so so sad. Feel a bit like i've bottled up the tears and just need a dam good cry! I need a bath, candles, a large glass of Cab Sav (14 syns as above!!) a cheers to the little boy and a little cry, instead i've said i'll go spinning at 6pm, my first exercise in what seems forever! I'm aching from starting physio yesterday so i'm not going to be able to walk after spinning!!!

Will report back later, i've still got the back end of my period so i'm feeling like i'm going to stay the same, hopefully i'm wrong and just feeling a bit down.

1.5lbs off and no spinning so it was all weight loss and not a last minute sweatathon!
The other mum who I was due to go with didn't fancy it and although I could of gone on my own I decided to do what I really wanted to do which was enjoy my evening with hubs and yes...it did include a bottle of wine and i'm not even sorry! He had slightly more than me so I didn't quite have half a bottle.

Yeah no brainer really!!!

We were good thurs and made up for it, last night we had a lovely drink together once the kids had gone to bed and I cooked a lovely steak with mushrooms, onions, a few SW chips and a side salad. It was really nice, only thing I did wrong yesterday was no heb! I do that now and then, I had a frittata for bf which filled me up so much that I barely eat my homemade 'bungin' soup and then eat nothing until tea. I'll have some today, infact I could eat double i'm that hungry this morning!

Well yesterday was not a good day! I think in total what I eat off plan was a slice of mediterranean bread with my homemade soup, no idea of syns but it was nice! For tea I did salmon, rice and a greek salad so there were a few syns in the salad what with the olives, olive oil and the feta. It was the choc and packet of crisps in the evening that did it though, on top of the red wine! That's my worst day so far.

Today is a new day however and to make up for yesterday i'm planning on doing the SP plan mon and tues.

I didn't do it, my consultant said to wait at least 4 weeks and although i've done SW before I decided to keep it back for a boost another time. Fact of the matter was last wed's is the one every 4 weeks that I can't weigh due to hubby's shifts so I just carried on as normal....Or so i'd like to think!

So the last couple of days has seen me do some bad things. I've been helping out at work as it's our busiest month of the year and my eating habits suffered through lack of planning etc. I've been skipping bf, eating a few pieces of fruit to keep me going, with more coffee than i've had since I found out I was pregnant so a year ago! More coffee = Less water and then a late lunch, sometimes skipped and a VERY large evening tea which still doesn't satisfy me due to being starving and then the munchies attack!!!

Add to that i've now got a cold so i'm pretty bummed out! I even googled any shake diets that I could just have and do SW at night in desperation but in reality the answer is so so simple. When I work again I need to be more organised and have some soup prepared.

Rant over!

I find SP REALLY REALLY hard. And to be honest, most times I've done it, though I get good losses, I get the same kind of losses as I do if I do extra easy but just increase the speed food to half a plate (instead of a third of a plate). I end up hungry all the time when I do it, so personally I don't rate it much - but that's just me.

In terms of dinner, I find the only way to stick to plan at work is to plan at the start of the week. My weigh in day is a Saturday - so saturday afternoon I go through when my husband is in and out that week and then plan all my meals and lunches. If he's out I tend to do fish (I love fish but he doesn't!). Then I make a list of all the ingredients I need to make those meals, then I go through the cupboards and cross of what I already have. You'll be surprised how much difference it makes to your shopping bill doing that too! And it reduces the amount of unused food and veg you I ended up composting at the end of the week. I make sure every day my plan has about 10 syns (sometimes less, sometimes more - up to 15) and then I decide the night before which day's menu I'm going to do the following day - that's based on the use by dates of food and/or what I think I'll fancy.

If I don't do that I put on weight that week without fail. I eat anything going! Two useful sayings:

1. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
2. PPPPP: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Please don't do shake diets. They are so unhealthy. SW is basically just healthy eating. Shakes make you hungry, and most people put on weight after they stop anyway. Stop being hard on yourself too. You've got to target once, you will do it again - it's not a race and you will do it in the end :D

Thank you so much for your last reply, it must of taken you ages to write and its taken me this long to come back and reply, shame on me! Truth is i've been feeling rather down in the dumps. I've had a bad back, then followed a rotten cold that although was just a cold it lasted 10 days and really kicked my ass!!!

I couldn't weigh the week before last wed's (shift week) and then I got the cold and had loads of honey and just generally too many syns mucking about but I must of been good the rest of the time because I lost 1.5lbs taking my total to 6.5lbs and although I wanted to lose half a stone in Jan i'm ok with that half a pound away due to illness.

Still need to find some time to exercise though! My baby sleeps for a max half an hour in the morning around 9am so I rush to get my breakfast. Then he sleeps about 11 but thats for longer, I can be lucky and have 1.5hours but usually 1 hour and although I should/could exercise then i'm usually preparing lunch and or tea and just generally having a cuppa and a little sit down! Perhaps the exercise will come in time, if this weather would improve i'd be happy t get out and go walking! 60mph winds here today!!

Once again thanks for listening to my ramblings!!!

I wondered where my reply was and there it was, waiting to be posted, phew, thought i'd lost it!

Sorry about that, wrote it yesterday!!!

So, I did my first exercise yesterday! I searched on youtube for post natal exercise and found this week 1-4 programme so I did week 1 yesterday. I was a little bummed when it finished, it felt quite beginner but at the same time some of the moves certainly were harder than others, plus I didn't have access to real weights so I used 2 tins of beans but today I do have my weights AND it must of done something because i'm aching a little bit!

Really really hoping I get my half stone tomorrow, I did set a 2lb loss as my target but I went away for the day on Sat and was far too piggy to deserve anything more then half a pound off to be honest, plus I don't feel like i've lost any so lets hope i've done enough damage limitation!

Babs is asleep but he will be awake any moment, as soon as he has his 11am ish sleep i'll be exercising again!

I'd just do exercise as and when you get chance. Any is better than none - but sleep is important too!

Good luck for weigh in and well done on your last loss. I maintained last week which was my own fault. I weigh in on Saturday mornings and Friday night I had a blow out of epic proportions. It was all slimming world stuff, it was just the quantity of it that I ate!!! I only put 1 lb on though (not bad given I must have eaten about 3lb of food if not more). Trying to be better this week.

I went to see the Osteo yesterday just to see if anything was actually wrong, expecting to come out of there with exercises, not to be told i've put a rib joint out and he put it back for me! No exercise for a week until I see him next week, I still haven't made it to weigh in and hubby's off to work at 5 so that's another week without logging my weight. I do keep track at home, I think i've gained a pound which is good really considering!

Back