My Journey - Day 63!

Welcome back!!! Glad youre in a more positive frame of mind *HUGS* What better time than for the start of a brand new month. Look forward to hearing about your shopping trip

Sneaking on at work - Tut tut, I'm such a norty (I love that (incorrect) spelling of it!) girl!! lol

Just wanted to post about my shopping trip. Basically my confidence has significantly improved in the last week, it's not at a good level yet, but it's not as rock bottom as it was. I've been listening to the Paul McKenna Instant Confidence CD - but there's more about that in the 'Bring your head inside' forum.

On Friday a girl that works in the office occassionally (she works her way around various branches) had a (friendly) go at me. Basically saying how I've done so well with my weight so far, and that I don't do myself any favours by wearing the clothes I do etc etc.

So... just to see me through until me 'proper' shopping trip over in Southampton next month, I went shopping on Saturday with my mum. I bought myself two pairs of trousers - one black, one dark grey - from Matalan for £6 each. This means I now have more then one pair of trousers for work, and they're not constantly having to be pulled up, and saggy round the arse! lol

I also bought a nice top, like a black sleeveless jumper over a white shirt. Very stylish and smart, only £12 from Matalan. This put together with some tops my mum has given me (generally a theme of shirts with jumpers, and sleeveless jumpers over them) means that I'm not wearing tops that fit (size 16) rather then tops that were far too big on me and looked ridiculous (size 20). I'm showing of my rapidly shrinking waist!

I bought a nice, short, fitted jacket. A light beige colour, very stylish. Only £15 from Matalan. This replaces a blue fleece with the company logo on it that I borrowed because I didn't have a coat that fitted. The fleece went over my bum, and although I couldn't do it up when I started (I was actually a size 22 when I started), it's now far too big and just hangs off me.

I also bought a couple of new bras from M&S as my boobs are shrinking as well! Which is a good thing, as it is I'm going to need breast surgery, so I'm quite happy if there's less there to work with. They are far too big for me and I'm very aware of them. I also bought some black knicker/shorts in my size, so my underwear isn't hanging off of me either! lol

Then I moved on to Brantano, and about some new boots. Only ankle ones this time, but it's getting too hot for knee high ones (and the knee high ones I had were for people with bigger legs, and were really saggy round the ankle - did not fit very well!). These new ones have a slightly taller, and quite thin, heel. I've never worn thin(ish) heels before, always been paranoid they will snap or I won't be able to walk on them. These are very stylish and nice. And half price! Only £22.50!

Last but definately not least, I bought some new Straighteners. Babyliss 230 Pro. Reduced from 59.99 tp 29.99 in Argos! My hair is now ultra straight and shiny, rather then a fuzzy mess because my other straighteners didn't actually really do anything!

I've also booked myself in for a hair cut on Saturday at a nice modern hairdressers. I haven't had my hair cut since the beginning of December when I had blonde highlights and she did it through a cap. It looked awful and I had to dye over it. Also, I'd had a proper hair cut a few weeks before and so her taking even more length off didn't help. Also she tried to do a fringe but did it far too wispy, whereas when I briefly poppped into this other hairdressers in January, she gave me a nice little modern side fringe (for £2!! lol).

Anyway, I believe me managers back so I've got to go off and do some more work! But YAY for my shopping trip! lol

Sounds like your shopping spree has done you the world of good Sparkle it really does.

Im quite curious about PMcK theres certainly a lot about him on the forum, Ill read your post over there with interest.

Sounds like youre going for the full new look... complete with hairdo too youll feel like a million dollars!! Cant wait to hear how that goes :)

Its great to see you back

Had my haircut today, pretty happy with it - I'm not going to be very happy until my hair is long. At the moment it's just below my shoulders, and I'm desperately trying to get it longer, although it doesn't seem to want to! lol

Met up with a friend today, and ended up eating out. Had Jacket Wedges, which I've counted as 5 (no more then one potato, although was a bit greasy). Also had a hot chocolate somewhere else - Well, I only had a little as I didn't actually like it. But to be safe I've counted it as 2. Based on those points I've had exactly the right amount of points today - although even if I've actually gone over a little, I've saved 2 points a day this week, so have 10 points I can go into if absolutely necessary.

yea thats what I do. The 3 days before weigh in save 4 points a day, then have a blow out on weigh in day :) Feel like ive cheated a little when I do, but at least I have a week to work it off hehe xxx

Saving the points is great isnt it lol Im thinking I might change my weigh in day though, Monday is rubbish lol

I've actually decided to change my weigh day! I've decided to weigh on a Sunday. That means that if I want a treat on a Saturday I have to save the points, but I can still have a small treat on a Sunday and 'claw back' the points over the next couple of days.

Although having said that, I think it might also keep me more motivated over the weekend if I'm getting weighed in the middle of it!

Another reason is because when I weigh I come onto Minimins and post about it, update the challenge, change my ticker etc etc. I want to do that straight after I've got weighed, but with going to work I need to weight until lunch time or I finish for the day!

Anyway - I've changed my weigh day today... and this week I have lost... 4lbs!!!! That's my March goal achieved in just 1 week!!! :D Although, I am slightly concerned that that might go back on next week. I don't know why, but even when I stick to it I do worry about it.

So anyway, that's 4lb off this week. I'm off to update my ticker and everything else, and hope that I don't put any on next week! lol

Starting a new thread because the old one got a bit long, and there's some negativity on there from what I was going through a week or so ago.

Also, yesterday I didn't stick to the plan at all - so, although my weigh day is Sunday, today is a fresh start!!

I'm going to copy Marie here and 'draw a line' under any negative thoughts I've had...

:D

Back