My journey emotional eater. Everyday update

Babybird82

I have decided to make a daily post on minimins to keep myself accountable.
I am starting CWP tomorrow. I’m 5 foot 6 - 11stone 12 pounds and have a bmi if 26.5. Not huge I know but I need to take a break from eating to analyse my emotional relationship with food.
I eat when I’m stressed , fed up, to relax... u get me!!

I have a 22 month toddler who is extremely challenging and have wasted so much stress and time feeling guilty about my eating habits.

I want to lose weight, challenge my behaviour and NOT turn to food to deal with whatever mood I’m in. The only way I can do this is to the food out of the equation and be left with my raw emotions. I’m really nervous.

I’ve been a binge eater since I was a teen. I’m now in my mid thirties with 2 kids and I’ve just had enough. Nothing has helped previously. Not CBT, not anti- depressants and not self help books.

My weight loss goal is to be 9 stone but to be honest it’s more about resolving my issues with food so I can have my mind free to concentrate on what’s important to me.

I’m not on social media so thought this is an ideal platform and to hopeful inspire others and make myself accountable

Hi babybird, welcome. It must he tough to take time for yourself with a rough toddler. Best wishes with a the CD

Thanks Tipperary! I see u r a good member and will look through your journey when I’m free later tonight.

My partner would like me to postpone the diet until she starts nursery at Easter but I don’t wanna put it on hold. I’m hoping when I get into ketosis I will be fine! Maybe wishful thinking.

Today is my last day of eating before I start CWP tomorrow. I’ve already eaten rubbish - 2 slices of toast with Nutella for breakfast just convincing myself it’s okay as it will be several months before I can enjoy treats. I hate that bloated yuck feeling.

It’s the end of the last day before I start Cambridge diet.
I ate a disgusting amount of sugary food just because i knew I could. I don’t feel good about it and I feel yuck. I don’t want to live like this and need to regain control of eating. My goal is to eat whilst hungry and to stop eating for my other reason.
I am to give this 100% and I’m nervous about tomorrow. If I get stressed in the evening then I can’t turn to food and it will just be me and my emotions. That’s when the challenge will begin.

My journey maybe unlike others in the sense that I’m not hugely overweight but I need to lose weight for health but primarily for my sanity.
Do I want to look back at my children’s childhood and recall how upset I was when I binge ate? Or awaking daily for the best part of a year to think of a different eating plan to cope with my increasing weight gain.

Enough is enough.i have to take food out of the equation to resolve and undo my coping mechanism which is to turn to food. The irony is that I don’t lead a stressful life. - apart from my toddler being at the terrible 2 stage.

Dealing with minor daily challenges leads me to zone out and block negative feelings.If I can’t eat I will just have to deal with whatever it is that’s upset me . I’m scared. I don’t know if I can do this but this is my last resort.

I hope to post daily so I can read this back and hold myself accountable. Only my husband knows I’m doing this diet as my family and friends are completely unaware of my distorted issues with eating.

Fingers crossed all goes well.
Have you made any sort of plan for what to do in the evening when you would normally turn to food, as my sister says something to keep her hands busy.

At first I was thinking to clean out and organise kitchen cupboards but maybe thats not a good idea. Maybe tidy up my wardrobe and do some ironing which I don’t usual do in the evening.

I’m restricted as I can’t go out as my little one goes to bed and my husband works late.

Tipperary thanks for your support. X

My evenings, especially dark ones meant wine and more wine and cheese and bread. Now I knit and sew. I also get yp much earlier so I can go to bed earlier so the dark evening is shorter. The ironing is a good plan...I can send toy some if you run short;).
But having something to do in the evening to keep you occupied is important. Do you have any family or friends that could call round for board games or card games or just a natter.
A few years ago I spent 9 months losing weight and redecorated, painted and made new curtains for the whole house.

You need to do something that makes you happy, not something that feels like a punishment.

DAY 1

It’s the end of day 1. Will be going to bed in half an hour!
I succeeded!!

Mid day was tough, feeling lethargic running around after my toddler, cooking for the family.
Was a bit crabbit with other half for not helping out in the kitchen as I was feeling tired. But that’s nothing new! Guess I was just a bit sensitive.
Drank lots of water and had a splash of milk in tea which consultant said was okay even though i’m soul sourcing on step 1.

Does anyone have experience of this and would this affect losses? Would just like to hear from others although my consultant is very experienced.

Also guys I’m trying to find a page on minims which explained the Cambridge weight plan steps and how many calories and food was allowed in each step. I read it a few days ago but am having difficulty finding it.

So to conclude today was easier than i expected but I’m expecting day 2 and day 3 to be tough yet as my body gets used to lower intake!

Also ordered some ketone strips from eBay!

Feeling positive. I can do this!

Tipperary thanks for the link I will check it out.
Also thanks for advice re- finding something enjoyable to do rather than a chore. I’m really enjoy a clean house just not the process to get it there!!’

Day 2 and I didn’t sleep well at all I’m usually a great sleeper but didn’t feel hungry but lethargic. Also had vivid dreams all night which is also unusual. It might be a side effect of my body going into shock and the cut in calories.

Step 1
This Step is also known as Sole Source because Cambridge Weight Plan products will be your sole source of nutrition.

Your daily allowance will consist of:

Step 1A:

• 3 Cambridge Weight Plan products.
  • 2.25 litres /4 pints of fluids over the course of the day*
Women whose height is under 5’8” will have three Cambridge Weight Plan products per day. Women who are 5’8” and above will have four, as will all men.

Step 1B:

• 4 Cambridge Weight Plan products.
  • 2.25 litres /4 pints of fluids over the course of the day*
* You can include tea and coffee, herbal and fruit teas.

Step 2 - 800 calories
This is the first step that mixes Cambridge Weight Plan meal replacement products with every day food.

Your daily allowance:

• 3 Cambridge Weight Plan products.
  • 200kcal meal.
  • 2.25 litres/4 pints of fluids over the course of the day*
*You can include tea and coffee, herbal and fruit teas, Cambridge Water Flavours and occasional low-calorie or diet drinks, flavoured waters or squashes. If you choose a Ready to Drink Shake or a Bar, then you should drink an additional 0.25l of fluid (which is about half a pint).

Step 3 - 1000 calories
Mixes Cambridge Weight Plan meal replacement products with every day food.

Your daily allowance:

• 2 Cambridge Weight Plan products.
  • 150kcal breakfast.
  • A salad lunch of green salad leaves such as rocket, spinach, lettuce, watercress, cucumber, radishes or celery.
  • 400kcal dinner.
  • 200ml skimmed milk (or a suitable dairy alternative, please ask your Consultant if you need suggestions).
  • At least 2.25 litres/4 pints of fluids over the course of the day*
* You can include tea and coffee, herbal and fruit teas, Cambridge Water Flavours and occasional low-calorie or diet drinks, flavoured waters or squashes. If you choose a Ready to Drink Shake or a Bar, then you should drink an additional 0.25l of fluid (which is about half a pint).

Step 4 - 1200

Your daily allowance:

• 2 Cambridge Weight Plan products.
  • 200kcal breakfast.
  • A salad lunch of green salad leaves such as rocket, spinach, lettuce, watercress, cucumber, radishes or celery.
  • 400kcal dinner.
  • 100kcal bonus.
  • 300ml skimmed milk (or a suitable dairy alternative, please ask your Consultant if you need suggestions).
* You can include tea and coffee, herbal and fruit teas, Cambridge Water Flavours and occasional low-calorie or diet drinks, flavoured waters or squashes. If you choose a Ready to Drink Shake or a Bar, then you should drink an additional 0.25l of fluid (which is about half a pint).

Step 5 - 1500

• 1 Cambridge Weight Plan product.
  • A 200kcal breakfast.
  • A 400kcal lunch.
  • A 500kcal dinner.
  • 100kcal bonus.
  • 300ml skimmed milk or 250g of low-fat yoghurt (or a suitable dairy alternative, please ask your Consultant if you need suggestions).

Step 6 - Around 1500
Congratulations! You have reached your target weight, so now you can use this Step to maintain and enjoy your new shape and life.

Different people need different amounts of calories each day to maintain their weight. Your Consultant will be able to advise you on how to work out what is right for you.

Research suggests that customers who continue to use one meal replacement product each day, such as a Cambridge Weight Plan product, find it easier to maintain their weight. Keep in touch with your Consultant and perhaps go to see them once a month to make sure you stay on the right track.

http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/whats-the-plan/steps-to-success

Struggling so much. It’s only 4:45 m
Craving beans and baked potatoe.
Keep thinking would it not just be easier to stick to slimming world as I did that to lose baby weight and kept it off but couldn’t stick to it. After a few months

I want food!!!!!

Ordered from India takeaway. Hunger and stressful day got too much.

Trying to realistically reevaluate what I should do. Maybe step 3 of Cambridge as I only need to lose 12 pounds to put me in a healthy bmi category. The additional 14 pounds is for vanity and will take me to the same weight as my teenage years.

That's tough, food replacement can't be easy. Did you enjoy SW before, is it controlled enough to help you with your food issues. Or do you think counselling or hypnotherapy woyld be better options to help rather than dieting which really just causes us to focus on food even more.

Hi hun! I really disliked SW with a vengeance towards the end and just couldn’t stick with it.
I am a binge eater when it’s time of the month and also when I’m stressed. Like today when my car broke down and toddler was paying up. I felt exhausted running around all day.

SW didn’t have enough structure to it as I could eat emotionally and as food was free I would give myself permission. I did lose all my baby weight on it bar a few pounds that I trying to lose on Cambridge plan.

My heads messed up. I was really scared about going into ketosis and lowering my metabolism as I knew if i gave in and ate carbs or binged it would make me put even more weight on. Maybe it’s too strict for me. And I know I don’t look overweight so I was more lenient with myself.

Now I’m thinking to have 2 Cambridge meal replacements a day with a small piece of fruit for breakfast and lunch. Then for dinner to have a balanced healthy meal that I would cook for the family. It would include a Small portion of carbs, some veg, and half protein.
If I put it in MFP it still comes up at around 1200 calories giving me a 2 pound weight loss. I have the milkshakes already

It sounds a bit of a mixup but I need strict guidelines. So
Breakfast- C shake and small portion of fruit.
Lunch- C bar again with small portion of fruit.
Dinner- nutritious family meal

NO SNACKING. I
Think I will have to make another thread in a different section.

Daily exercise too.

Whatever works is the right thing to do, you will probably have to try a few things to see what works.

Back