My journey is over.....

Domane

I can't believe it! This morning I hit target :D:D:D

It has taken me just under five months to lose 45lbs.... the last pound has taken me a fortnight so I think my body is telling me that this is where it wants to be so I'm going to switch to maintenance.... which judging by the last couple of weeks, won't actually involve any changes at all!!! :p

Now starts the scariest time of my life.... maintenance!!! This is where I have always failed in the past - BUT so many things in my life are different this time. I've lost this weight through CC, not SW so I have learned about portion sizes, low-carb recipes and found a renewed interest in trying new recipes. Also I took up running this year... to be able to run you need to eat healthily so the two are mutually beneficial.... and I have chucked out ALL my size 16 clothes (replaced with size 10's) so I HAVE to stay this size.....

Good luck to all of you trying to lose weight. If I can find the willpower and do it... YOU can!!! xxx

Congratulations! You must be so pleased, I've just started this calorie counting journey after previously doing slimming world on and off and have a similar amount to lose so your story is a inspiration!
How many calories were you on a day? I'm sure with calorie counting it will be easier to keep it off as you have learnt portion control which is what I struggled with too on SW x

Congratulations! You must be so pleased, I've just started this calorie counting journey after previously doing slimming world on and off and have a similar amount to lose so your story is a inspiration!
How many calories were you on a day? I'm sure with calorie counting it will be easier to keep it off as you have learnt portion control which is what I struggled with too on SW x
I've been 5:2'ing (intermittent fasting) alongside CC since 1st July and I allow myself 1200 calories per day but spread over the week. 1200 x 7 = 8400. Take off the 2 x 500 calories allowed on the fast days = 7400 and divide by the remaining 5 normal eating days and you get 1480. I log everything I eat (& drink!!) onto MFP and all my exercise, but regardless of how active I've been I still stick to the 1480.

Huge congrats!!! Good luck with maintenance. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hmmm.... maintenance is not going very well so far.... I'VE LOST ANOTHER POUND!!!!! :p

Ha ha ha ha ha, thats ok. I recon being a few lbs either side of your target is the way to go, lol!!! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congratulations!

well done! I'm just about at your start weight - If it takes me 4 months to get to where you are I'll be very happy. How many calories have you been eating per day?

Well done i was close to maintaining then i went on holiday ha ha ! Will be good to see how you get on. I have 1400 a day slimfast/ calories counting its coming off slow and steady but i dint eat healthily! When i switch i didnt know about adding another 100-150 cals a day or is that too much or being able to relax about having a monthly beer and takeaway/ night out and hopefully even my weight out over the month.

Well done on reaching target!

Back