My journey on Slim and Save begins....

mohito

I'm 46, have dieted all my life and its time I stopped!
I have woken up this morning absolutely determined and ready to get to my goal weight so thought I would write down my thoughts as I go. I know the next few weeks are likely to be tough but I also know how totally sick and tired I am of being so overweight.
My box of goodies arrived yesterday and I'm just about to sort them out and plan my menu for the day lol, Ill check in tonight with how 1st day has gone :)

I'm sure you are going to love it. Good luck x

Well day 1 complete and I'm sitting in bed feeling good. I had crispy chic shake, a bar, mushroom soup and tomato chilli meal. None of them tasted great but all were edible but then I was never doing this for the food as thats what got me here in the first place lol.
I think I have a huge advantage in that I'm starting this with my daughter so we can help each other. I know what to expect as have done Cambridge before but had a break to go on holiday and never started again... If I remember correctly, I felt increasingly hungry, tired, grumpy and sore headed until about day 5 and then started to get in the swing of things. Well time will tell but first day down, bring on day 2 :)

Well done for starting. Sorry you didn't enjoy any of the packs you had yesterday. Hopefully you'll find some you do like :)
Good luck x

Didn't manage to write anything for day 2 and 3 but I did stick to it like glue and now in the swing of things :D
Yetserday I felt a bit yucky and tired but as a real treat my daughter and I have come a way to a hotel for the weekend to avoid jubilee street party and are holed up in a lovely room with lots of pamper stuff, books magazines and shakes. Have to say its heavenly ( just hope the house is standing when i get home as left my 2 teenage sons home alone).
Feeling like Ive lost weight already but not weighing in til Wednesday mornings fingers crossed. I've worked out lots of little goals to aim for along the way :-

Starting weight 16st 7 ib (231ib)
1st goal get into 15s -8 lb 229lb 15st13lb
2nd goal Loose 1 stone -14lb 217lb 15st 7lb
3rd goal BMI under 30 (overweight) -18lb 213lb 15st 3lb
4th goal get into 14s -22lb 209lb 14st 13lb
5th goal loose 10% -24lb 207lb 14st 11lb
6th goal Loose 2 stone -28lb 203lb 14st7lb
7th goal Get under the 200s -32lb 199lb 14st3lb
8th goal loose 15% - 35lb 196lb 14st
9th goal get into 13s -36lb 195lb 13st13lb
10th goal Loose 3 stone -42lb 189lb 13st7lb
11th goal Loose 20% -47lb 184lb 13st2lb
12th goal get into 12s -50lb 181lb 12st13lb
13th goal BMI under 25 (normal) - 53lb 178lb 12st10lb
14th goal Loose 4 stone -56lb 175lb 12st7lb

So far I haven't even missed food but I know Ill find it tough at some point. The meals and shakes are growing on me and the variety is fantastic so I MUST be able to stick to this for long enough to shift the excess weight that Ive been carrying around for soooo long. I've got 1 weeks holiday planned from 7 1/2 weeks and won't even attempt to be good and will no doubt drink huge amounts of wine but other than that I'm going to resist all social get togethers as they're always my downfall.
xx

@Welshtigger - thank you I do like some of them now :)

Day 7 and still at it I'm pleased to say :)
Actually really like the crispy choc shake now and having 2 a day normally although have also tried soups too. I really like veg and mushroom but hate the chicken. I'm working through all the meals and so far like them all . The bars are my one 'treat' every day and have one e wry evening broken into tiny pieces.
The last couple of days have been a bit of a challenge as been away camping with BF. quite tough when he's chomping into BBQ and sausage or bacon rolls. Surprisingly easy when he had cream tea but an absolutely great feeling to haven't wavered :)
Tomorrow morning is weigh in so hope the 100% ss shows on the scales (got everything crossed tonight lol)
Xx

Good luck weigh in tomoro! I start s and s Thursday and am scared an excited!!!! Can't weight to hear what u lost u havebeenso good!

bloomin well done on resisting the BBQ and the cream tea!!

well done , youre doing great x

thank you all, tis very tempting to get on the scales but shall resist until the morning

Good luck Debbieaction for Thursday!
xx

mohito said:
Wow I can't believe it but am soooo happy - 12lb off in week 1 :D

Wow!!!!!! Amazing well done

Well after such a great loss, you'd have thought yesterday would be a breeze but it was my hardest day so far!
I felt hungry all day and miserable too :-(
Had crispy chic shake for brekkie, chic bar for lunch ( normally have at night but just had urge for chomping all day). I had a spice spag and mushrooms and spinach for tea and then for the first time I had a bit of chicken and spinach later on too. Its def a big mono to watch tv when feeling the way I was yesterday as I was salivating at EVERY food advert which didn't help at all but di manage to stay on plan with the help of a couple of cups of bullion and about 5 coke zero's.. Does that still mean Im sticking to it 100% I wonder ....ah well I got through it but still feeling a bit yuck today although so far have had 1 shake and 1 bar.
I already know I'm and emotional eater and when things get stressed I stuff my face with whatever's around ( the carbier the better). I suppose its down to getting through every, or at least most, stressful days like yesterday and not associating food as any kind of cure/help. I'm sure there are plenty of peeps out there who can relate to this and its so much easier said than done lol!

mohito said:
thank you all, tis very tempting to get on the scales but shall resist until the morning

Good luck Debbieaction for Thursday!
xx

Thanks mohito , and keep at it !!!!!

mohito said:
Well after such a great loss, you'd have thought yesterday would be a breeze but it was my hardest day so far!
I felt hungry all day and miserable too :-(
Had crispy chic shake for brekkie, chic bar for lunch ( normally have at night but just had urge for chomping all day). I had a spice spag and mushrooms and spinach for tea and then for the first time I had a bit of chicken and spinach later on too. Its def a big mono to watch tv when feeling the way I was yesterday as I was salivating at EVERY food advert which didn't help at all but di manage to stay on plan with the help of a couple of cups of bullion and about 5 coke zero's.. Does that still mean Im sticking to it 100% I wonder ....ah well I got through it but still feeling a bit yuck today although so far have had 1 shake and 1 bar.
I already know I'm and emotional eater and when things get stressed I stuff my face with whatever's around ( the carbier the better). I suppose its down to getting through every, or at least most, stressful days like yesterday and not associating food as any kind of cure/help. I'm sure there are plenty of peeps out there who can relate to this and its so much easier said than done lol!

I am an emotional eater too and I think what was happening yesterday was a bit of self sabotage. You had such a great loss that your inner negative self ( your feeder)was saying you don't deserve this you deserve to stay fat - have carbs carbs make you feel happy! But you know that's not true! Losing that 12lb made you extatic yes?? And over eating made you feel bad yes.?? We all know its simples "stick to the plan lose weight, feel great" but when inner demons are allowed to dictate to you you will keep falling of the wagon. I know this sounds a little crazy. But bear with me..... I have decided to Imagain that inside me is a beautiful little girl, the little girl is me when I was 13 before my eating got messed up. If I cheat or eat crap, I am feeding that little girl crap which will make her grow up fat and miserable like I did with a million hang ups , or I can feed her packs healthy veg and water and she will learn there is more to life than food and grow up happy, slim and successful. She's my inner child, that I have to take care of xx I even Imagain what she looks like and how everything I put in my mouth affects her.....xx

Hi Debbie
Thanks for that post - REALLY makes sense. Thankfully my little girl has been fed no carb crap and only S&S :)))
Hope you're weeks going well too?
xx

Day 13 and am still on it although bit of naughtiness crept in today and have had 2 bars instead of 1!
I am still so motivated to do this and think that is the key. I've battled through so much personally over the last few years and finally I'm in a good place to tackle my weight. I think this must be it as I have honestly not found this an effort at all so far. Thinking about all the years of carrying too much weight and how much Ive wanted to loose it yet not being able to then hating myself for it and eating even more etc etc....
This time is different !
x

mohito said:
Hi Debbie
Thanks for that post - REALLY makes sense. Thankfully my little girl has been fed no carb crap and only S&S :)))
Hope you're weeks going well too?
xx

As glad oh are looking after her ;) I'm on day 7 in the morning and have been 100% so far have felt really positive, excited bout weigh in on thursday x keep up your good work cx

Back