My Journey - Sarah's Slim and Save Diary

Day 5

Today has been interesting. I went to work and managed my 3 pints of water before 1pm.

Mushroom Pasta with Cauli and Broccoli - lush - also had a pint of water
Choc Shake - another pint of water
Cottage Pie x 2

I had a nice relaxing evening watching tv with a nice cold glass of Dr Pepper Zero.

I struggled to eat my last meal today - I felt that I didnt need or want it - but I forced myself to eat it. I NEVER EVER thought I would say that about food - I dont usually leave anything and I ALWAYS wanted to eat......it was a new experience for me lol

Overall today was a pretty good day :)

I'm doing ok I think! Porridge for breakfast everyday, then I try to have 1 bar a soup and a meal. No veg, no coke, no anything apart from the packs. I really need to stay on the straight and narrow and not sure I trust myself to have anything remotely normal as I think I will be led astray. I have been here many times before so have no illusions that its going to be easy but as missvlcd said many quit before day 5(me included)so I'm feeling good that I'm heading for day 7. It's all about mind set for us all and at the mo I'm feeling positive and determined. I stuffed my face so much over the Easter hols and drank my body weight in wine. I have one pair of jeans that only just fit, everything's tight and I'm feeling self conscious. It's only going to get worse if I don't do anything so here I am. Fantasising about the fab slim body I will have and all the clothes I have that I'll be able to wear!
It's really helpful to have some allies on here.

I'm doing ok I think! Porridge for breakfast everyday, then I try to have 1 bar a soup and a meal. No veg, no coke, no anything apart from the packs. I really need to stay on the straight and narrow and not sure I trust myself to have anything remotely normal as I think I will be led astray. I have been here many times before so have no illusions that its going to be easy but as missvlcd said many quit before day 5(me included)so I'm feeling good that I'm heading for day 7. It's all about mind set for us all and at the mo I'm feeling positive and determined. I stuffed my face so much over the Easter hols and drank my body weight in wine. I have one pair of jeans that only just fit, everything's tight and I'm feeling self conscious. It's only going to get worse if I don't do anything so here I am. Fantasising about the fab slim body I will have and all the clothes I have that I'll be able to wear!
It's really helpful to have some allies on here.

It is really helpful to have allies on here - it has made a big difference to my mindset.......now i KNOW it's achievable :)

I felt the same as you and didnt want to have anything extra but then I decided to try veg to bulk out my first meal - the only veg I like is Cauli and Broccoli so I am so pleased they are on the allowed list. Having the veg has made me fuller for longer - but i totally understand why you need to only have the packs.

So far, I have being doing ok but like yourself I know there are going to be moments of weakness - I feel that coming on here will give me the motivation to fight those moments :)

I feel like I'm in the Last Chance Saloon - this is my chance to change my life and I'm determined to do it :)

The one pair of jeans you have that only just fit - will soon turn into pairs and pairs that fit you and then become too big :D!!!

I think it is a great achievment passing day one nevermind day five - because this is quite a restrictive diet - but I dont think I could lose weight on a diet where cake and biscuits were allowed because quite simply I have NO self control - It's easier for me to just have NO conventional food - except a bit of veg.

You will succeed - we both will :D

I had a sneaky weigh this morning and have lost 8.5lbs - tbh I was a bit disappointed - I thought because of my size I would lose more in the first week. I have my TOTM due tomorrow so maybe that is why?

Keep your chin up - you can do it :)

8.5lbs in 5 days is brilliant! Still 2 more days to go yet. Are you getting through all the water?

8.5lbs in 5 days is brilliant! Still 2 more days to go yet. Are you getting through all the water?

Yes I'm managing between 2.25 and 2.5lts a day - I think I'm going to up it and try for 3 - does the amount of water we drink mean a bigger weight loss?

Are you managing the water?

That's a really good amount. Everything I hear is the more you drink the more you lose but I think 3 litres a day is pretty much the max you should drink. I'm not doing as well as I'd like to with the water. It depends what I'm doing each day really and whether there are toilets close by! Today will be good as I'm at work, it's just me, my pint jug that I keep refilling and a toilet so no excuses!

That's a really good amount. Everything I hear is the more you drink the more you lose but I think 3 litres a day is pretty much the max you should drink. I'm not doing as well as I'd like to with the water. It depends what I'm doing each day really and whether there are toilets close by! Today will be good as I'm at work, it's just me, my pint jug that I keep refilling and a toilet so no excuses!

I'm struggling to get the last pint in every day - I dont know whether it is psychological or not but I really struggle with it.

I am def gonna try and get 3 ltrs a day in from now on.

I agree with you about the kind of day and whether there are toilets nearby - although I dont seem to be peeing quite as much as I was lol.

I think we just need to take it day by day and see how it goes - that is all we can do :)

Have you weighed yourself? Really pleased here with 9lbs :)

Yesterday was a very hard day - not for sticking to the diet but for finding time to eat.

I left work at 1pm - picked my son up from school - then spent the next 4 hours queueing to meet WWE Superstars at 2 toy stores in Cardiff. We did meet them all and my son was thrilled :)

We got home about 6pm - then we had to leave again at 7pm to go to the WWE Live Event in Cardiff - and got home at around 11.30pm - exhausting day lol.

Needless to say I only managed two packs and 4 pints of water. Must do better today :)

So today has been a much better day that yesterday - so far anyway lol

I managed to drink 4 pints of water in work :)

I went to Tesco After work and got some more Dr Pepper Zero (this is my guilty pleasure at the end of the day) and some Ribena Plus - I've never really been a Ribena fan but it has to be better than plain water or paying a fortune for water flavours so I thought I would give it a go!

For my first meal I have just had 200g Cauli and Broccoli with Mushroom Pasta - I think this is probably my favourite meal on the plan - it's just lush lol

I need to drink at least two more pints of water - so I'm sat here with a pint of water with savoury flavour in it - it tastes ok.

Well done us! We've lost the weight of a small child in 7 days between us :)
So tempted to eat as exotically as you! My days are following the same pattern, porridge, soup, meal, bar, black coffee, herbal tea and lots of flavoured water. I'm now filling up a litre jug 3 times and getting through it whereas I couldn't drink the equivalent from a pint jug, not sure about that one. Feeling good and the jeans are fitting better already. Here's to a great week 2.

Well done us! We've lost the weight of a small child in 7 days between us :)
So tempted to eat as exotically as you! My days are following the same pattern, porridge, soup, meal, bar, black coffee, herbal tea and lots of flavoured water. I'm now filling up a litre jug 3 times and getting through it whereas I couldn't drink the equivalent from a pint jug, not sure about that one. Feeling good and the jeans are fitting better already. Here's to a great week 2.

Ha ha we have lost the weight of a small child between us - put it in perspective when you say it like that :)

I dont like the porridge and I am not a soup lover so I didnt order any of them. I booked a days holiday today and have struggled with my water - so far I'm only on pint 3 :(

I'm glad to hear you are managing to get through the water - it is not easy.

So happy that you are feeling good and the jeans are fitting better lol :)

Here's to a fab week 2!!! :D

Yesterday was a good day - I had plenty to keep me busy - which I think is the key to me sticking with this :)

Today however, is another story. I am on day 11 and for the first time I am struggling :(

I'm starving but have already eaten two meals and my veg allowance - I've drunk nearly 6 pints of water but I am still starving hungry. I dropped my son down my dad's for tea tonight and they are sat there eating a pizza and all I wanted to do was grab it off the plate and eat it - I didn't but I was very tempted.

Then on the way home I passed a McDonalds and nearly turned around - I dont know what is wrong with me today but I am struggling big time :(

Your doing great keep going resist ut snd get hone and have another pack as you still have 2 to go yet.

Have an early bath n bed and end the day
Well done for resisting :)

Stay strong! Do anything you can to take your mind off food. It's just not worth it :)

So pleased to hear that! You'd have kicked yourself if you'd cracked :)

How are you feeling about weigh day? I've really struggled with water over the last 4 days and progressed to a bit of veg with my dinner. Not feeling any lighter :-(

Back