My journey starts now :)

MrsWills

Right thought i would start my journal. Gunna be a marathon rather than a sprint i think but hey ho, gotta start somewhere. A bit of background on me for who ever is reading. im 23 and desperately trying to loose weight im getting married in 18 months ish time and will be going through IVF as soon as poss after that - we have been referred and are waiting for our appointment that should be in january. In order to do IVF you have to have a BMI of 19-30. As you can see, mine is WAAAYYYY over lol. So im doing this for my wedding and my baby. dont think there could be much more inspiration really!!!

Ive tried many times with SW i do lose weight but lose motivation and give up so trying something different now. Going to be healthy living excercise and the trust Xenical! I started monday 19-11-12. Day 3 just gone and feel fabulous! Been really good and eating under 5% less fat. Keep looking at all food labels i can find to see if i can have it lol.

Will check in tomorrow!!:talk017:

Had a good today breakfast was ceareal and dinner was half a portion of yung chow chow mein and a curry. was good. a bit nervous about being tango'ed but i ate it 2 hours ago so think i will be fine, weigh on Sat now as OH wants to weigh with me and we r gunna do it together now. Hes not got Xen but will diet and walk with me n that. im still feeling good about losing weight so much so on my lunch hour in work i walked up and down the stairs TWICE. I work on the 11th floor!! so proud i did that and as of tomorrow i have been smoke free for 6 weeks. very very proud of myself for that. Best achievement ive ever done!

Well done on being smoke free for 6 weeks!! Wow that's a load of stairs :)

Good luck on your journey!

Well done. But watch out for tango tomorrow. It doesn't happen in two hours I'm afraid. I get tangoed exactly 24 hours after I ate the food. Everyone is different though depending on how quick your food is normally digested properly

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks both!

Mis- Was alot of stairs not gunna do it today though lol, just enjoy my lunch which is within the rules and is a shapers turkey, stuffing and cranberry sandwich on brown - 345 cal and 3.2% total 5.7g and snack a jacks. got the caramel ones and i dont like caramel but we will see lol. Im proud of not smoking but i have been here before and gone back, not many people know i quit - im a closet non smoker now lol. Thank you! Hows your journey?

Kat- OMG i never knew that. bugger im in work today til 8 then visiting family, not going home till at leat 11 tonight. shoot. well hope it will be ok. I got IBS and if i eat something to trigger it i know within 3 hours. Do u think it would be the same timing? i just thought i have had no cramps no issue at all and its been 17 hours ish. i did have a bit of wind (sorry TMI) about 2 hours after i had it so maybe that was my side effect? god i hope so. i dont wanna be tango'ed in work.

Also going to weigh my lunchtime. As me and OH doing it together now we are going to use a diferent set of scales. I go into boots on my lunch in work and now we will be going to superdrug close to where we live so wanted to get the reading of the scales i started on first to be a true reflection. not expecting much as its only been days properly but i am hopefull. i have been so good (apart from last night) and kept to the rule (apart from last night lol).

Ill let you know how i got on.

How is everyone else doing? :)

Kat is sadly right, tango can take anywhere up to 72 hours... I hope you escape but I can't say you will but if you don't it will be a learning curve honey xx

1st Week lost TEN lbs!!!

Thank god so far so good not been tango'ed BUT...

i did weigh... and i have lost TEN pounds in my first week!! 10!!

:love::bliss::grouphugg::553:

i didnt believe it i had to check with my fiance how i worked it out but yes i have lost 10 pounds ladies!! my BMI has now moved under 40!! my weight is now in the 17s!! good first week actually amazing. i have decided ofr my sanity im going to have saturdays off as a treat day if i want something. not saying i will though ill have my normal breakfast with my tab then not all day.

10 pounds! TEN POUNDS! so happy and proud of myself sooo happy right now!

Hiya! Just be aware that you'll need to stop taking the Xenical about 3 days before any treat day, as that's how long it stays in your system. The others are right too, you won't get the side effects for up to 3 days after you've been "bad" - believe me, I'm speaking from 16 months experience with them, lol. xx

Ok I'm gonna say something I may get shot down for, I don't recommend days off, once in a whole but not once a week, too hard to get back on track x

I agree Lexie, I find even planned treats difficult to recover from! X

You're right, Lexie, days off, certainly weekly, are by no means a good idea, and absolutely not in the early days. But what you really MUST NOT do is take Xenical one day and have a day off the next! I did that once and once only, last Christmas, when we decided to take Kathryn and a friend to Pizza Hut. It was a calculated risk, as I was off work - if what happened to me a day or so later had happened at work it would have been just about the most mortifying thing ever, lol. xx

Thank you both for your advice :) Grateful for any advice given, so please dont worry about being shot down. I did find it a bit difficult today actually to get back on track so i dont think ill be doing a day off every week but ill see how i go.Also my IBS played up after my 'treat day'. I wonder how much of that was IBS and maybe some Xen??!! Lord knows but im going to do it differently next time.

I know that everyones experience is different and believe me i dont discount your experience as youve all been on them for much more than me. im just going to see how i do and how i react to different things. Also wanted to ask. i have posted a thread but not much advice on it, how do you all do with drinking? do u just take them as normal and drink or not take them at all?

So new day for me! had breakfast as normal and had a sunday dinner. Pork chop - no fat veg boiled potatoes and a tiny bit of gravy was very nice and no issues at all. Also did a bit of shopping and stocked up on things for lunch in work - mug shots, micro pasta bolognase all in rule so all good! I pretty much got breakfast n lunch sorted just struggling a bit for main meals, im just sticking to soup or micro meal at the moment and even though they are within the rule, i know they not very healthy so im going to have to have a think of what to do.

12 hour shift in work tomorrow Oh the joys but need to build up my time - got a weekend in butlins in 2 weeks - hence the drinking question - we going fri-mon but i got the tues off too as i think ill need it to recover lol.

No i see what u mean. Im scared of these tablets - well the side effects lol. But so far so good.

Hi tracy and good luck. I am one of the bad ones who generally does have a day off each week but i can certainly see where the others are coming from and am trying to stop this day off thing as it really doesnt help, but its the one thing that keeps me going throught the week, knowing i can treat myself to something nice. :D See what works for you :D

Thanks Rachel! Do u take the tablets all the other days though and just don't have them for your treat day? X

Back