Pregnancy My journey through my 1st pregnancy, starting weight 16st 7lbs eeekkk

sophie1

Hi everyone!

My name is Sophie and i have recently found out i am pregnant with my 1st baby, due date 25th June! I am sooo excited but my weight is my getting me down. I finished uni in June and during my time there managed to put on about 4 and a half stone :mad:

I currently weight 16 stone 7 although over the past few weeks this seems to have fluctuated up and down quite a bit, last week the highest was 16 stone 10 :mad:. When i first found out i was pregnant i visited my midwife who told me my BMI was 39 putting me in the high risk category, meaning i would also need appointments with a consultant. I have been given extra Vitamin D to take as well as aspirin to reduce my chances of pre-eclampsia. Has anyone else had similar?

I have read that if my bmi is below 30 i will no longer be classed as high risk, this seems a long way off and i am sure it is probably unachievable whilst pregnant :confused: I would like to try and loose 1lb a week so roughly 2 stone by due date, so hopefully I am feeling better about myself and labour may not be as risky :). I am going to follow slimming world loosely, i usually have porridge/fruit for breakfast a sandwich and 3/4 bits of fruit for lunch and then a slimming world recipe dinner. My job often makes it difficult to stick to plan 100% so I am just going to aim to stick to everything when I can. I would love to be able to see in New Year next year as a size 10 weighing 10 stone :D:D:D!

I hope everyone else is having a lovely pregnancy!
xxxx

Thank you Emmaline, I am sure a healthy diet will help loads and will leave me with more energy after i have the baby. Well done one your weight loss you are doing amazingly!

Food diary for yesterday:

Breakfast: 2x crummpets
Lunch: cup pasta thingy, banana, 2x oranges, plum a packet of mini cheddars
Dinner: 2xbrown toast, 2x grilled bacon, mushrooms, beans and 2 egg whites
Evening snacks: 3x small xmas tree chocolates, 3/4 haribo

I have no idea how this is points wise on slimming world but everything for dinner was grilled/cooked using frylight so was slimming world friendly.

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Hi Sophie

My BMI is currently 38, so I am also classed as 'obese' mother.

However, I had a problem free pregnancy with my first BUT I watched my diet for sugar like a hawk. Sugar is a big issue in pregnancy, the lower sugar/higher fibre options you can eat as your main food choices the better.

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with number 2, and have lost 2lbs taking me to 15st 5lbs since my start weight was 15st 7.

I take my prenatal vitamin and take a highe dose of vitamin D, for pregnancy but also because living in GB/UK we don't get enough sun exposure to maintain good Vitamin D for bone strength,

Good luck and I hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy.

Popped to subscribe. x

Back