1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnancy My journey through my 1st pregnancy, starting weight 16st 7lbs eeekkk

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Pregnancy & Breastfeeding' started by sophie1, 13 January 2014 Social URL.

1. sophie1

sophie1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone!

My name is Sophie and i have recently found out i am pregnant with my 1st baby, due date 25th June! I am sooo excited but my weight is my getting me down. I finished uni in June and during my time there managed to put on about 4 and a half stone :mad:

I currently weight 16 stone 7 although over the past few weeks this seems to have fluctuated up and down quite a bit, last week the highest was 16 stone 10 :mad:. When i first found out i was pregnant i visited my midwife who told me my BMI was 39 putting me in the high risk category, meaning i would also need appointments with a consultant. I have been given extra Vitamin D to take as well as aspirin to reduce my chances of pre-eclampsia. Has anyone else had similar?

I have read that if my bmi is below 30 i will no longer be classed as high risk, this seems a long way off and i am sure it is probably unachievable whilst pregnant :confused: I would like to try and loose 1lb a week so roughly 2 stone by due date, so hopefully I am feeling better about myself and labour may not be as risky :). I am going to follow slimming world loosely, i usually have porridge/fruit for breakfast a sandwich and 3/4 bits of fruit for lunch and then a slimming world recipe dinner. My job often makes it difficult to stick to plan 100% so I am just going to aim to stick to everything when I can. I would love to be able to see in New Year next year as a size 10 weighing 10 stone :D:D:D!

I hope everyone else is having a lovely pregnancy!
    xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.2lb(11.15%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Sophie, Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Can't answer your question tho' apart from saying that when my D was pregnant she kept to a very healthy diet which helped a great deal anyway.

All the very best to you and hope things go well.

4. sophie1

sophie1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you Emmaline, I am sure a healthy diet will help loads and will leave me with more energy after i have the baby. Well done one your weight loss you are doing amazingly!

Food diary for yesterday:

Breakfast: 2x crummpets
    Lunch: cup pasta thingy, banana, 2x oranges, plum a packet of mini cheddars
    Dinner: 2xbrown toast, 2x grilled bacon, mushrooms, beans and 2 egg whites
    Evening snacks: 3x small xmas tree chocolates, 3/4 haribo

I have no idea how this is points wise on slimming world but everything for dinner was grilled/cooked using frylight so was slimming world friendly.

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

5. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    Hi Sophie

My BMI is currently 38, so I am also classed as 'obese' mother.

However, I had a problem free pregnancy with my first BUT I watched my diet for sugar like a hawk. Sugar is a big issue in pregnancy, the lower sugar/higher fibre options you can eat as your main food choices the better.

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with number 2, and have lost 2lbs taking me to 15st 5lbs since my start weight was 15st 7.

I take my prenatal vitamin and take a highe dose of vitamin D, for pregnancy but also because living in GB/UK we don't get enough sun exposure to maintain good Vitamin D for bone strength,

Good luck and I hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy.

6. Jess<3

Jess<3 Journey to 10 stone loss

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Popped to subscribe. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.