My Journey to get a travelling bikini bod

vintagepockets

Gold Member
Hi Everyone!

I'm brand new to Minimins and started Slimming World 2 weeks ago! My colleague and step sister both do SW and lost lots of weight, so after gaining 10lbs in my new job (within 5 months) I thought I'd give it ago.

I've always been slightly overweight but relied on an active job to counteract my love of food. Once I got an office job it piled straight on.

Now I want to lost the 10lbs I've gained, and also the extra 9lbs I've always wanted to lose in order to get to my dream weight of 10.7 stones. If all goes to plan I'm tempted to try for 10 stone but I didn't want to set myself a target that would seem too daunting at the beginning.

I'm going travelling soon too and planning a big year of adventures so I'm aiming to lose the weight before we go, and maintain it whilst we're there!

My 1st week was amazing and I lost 4.5lbs! This week was only 1.5 and I felt really disappointed this morning. But I've had a pep talk with one of my facebook friends who did SW last year and she made me realise that 1.5 is a great loss, so now I'm feeling much better.

I'm doing the plan online so I'm at a slight disadvantage in that I don't have others to encourage me like you do in group, and tell me how great any loss is. So I'm hoping a combination of friends and Minimins will help me keep positive!

Seeing the weight come off and reading others success stories has also convinced me to get more active, and so I completed my 3rd gym session today. And (this is something I didn't think I'd say) I'm really enjoying it! I'm not working at the moment so I've been motivated to go as it's getting me out of the house. The real test will be when I'm back at work. I'm just worried that the last thing I'll want to do when I finish work is go to the gym!

I'm doing the Extra Easy plan btw!

So, here's my first diary...

Breakfast - 2 slices Nimble wholemeal bread and baked beans (0 syns) (HEb)

Snack - Banana (0 syns)

Lunch - 3 Dark Rye Ryvitas, 25g mozzarella, cottage cheese, cucumber and smoked salmon & Mini Babybel light (5.5 syns) (HEa)

(I counted the babybel as a syn even though I didn't have my full 45g mozzarella - just in case!)

Dinner - Pasta with cottage cheese, chicken, bacon (no fat), red onion, courgette, mushrooms (cooked in frylight) (0 syns)

3 cups of tea w/ 100ml skimmed milk (1.5 syns)
Lots of sparkling water

Total = 8 syns
FIT = 2 hours at the gym - bike, treadmill, cross trainer, weights, swim

I'm finding sparkling water a fantastic substitute for wine! I normally have a drink most nights and I've only drank when been out for dinner (and not as much as normal) so this has been a fab start!

Overall, I'm very excited and looking forward to "meeting" you all!

:)

Last edited:
Make that 10.5 syns total - I just had a ginger nut!

Back