My journey to lose anywhere between 10-13 stone!

I've spent the past 30 mins reading your blogs and I really think you've helped my mindset!

I shant be so hard on myself!

I've spent the past 30 mins reading your blogs and I really think you've helped my mindset!

I shant be so hard on myself!

Great! I really believe you have to cut yourself some slake sometimes, if you are forever beating yourself up about having a day off track then it just makes you miserable :)

Just a quickie tonight
I lost another 2lbs today taking my weight loss up to 3st 3lbs.
That now takes me to 45lbs loss and I have less than 100 lbs to go - OK so it is only a lb under the 100 mark but it is still only 2 figures instead of 3 ;)
Feeling good about having a week on track - I set my target in group to lose 4lbs this week - might sound tough but I know when I have a good back to basics week I can lose anything up to 6lbs. Why do I want to lose 4lbs? To get my 3.5 stone award of course!!!
5 would be good too, so I could say I have lost 50lbs :D but 4 will do for now - ever the optimist eh?
Planning on doing my food diary on here every day so I can keep track this week!

Just catching up, you've done so, so well do far, am glad you're feeling motivated :)

Thank you :)

So today has been bang on track. Menu today has been
Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - I heated up some scotch broth soup I made a couple of weeks ago but I really didn't like it so had scrambled eggs on toast instead with 2 babybels for my HEA
Dinner - loads and loads of SW sweet and sour chicken with added peppers, pasta, broccoli and carrots.

Dinner was an odd combination because I just couldn't be bothered to pop to the shop to get something to go with the sweet and sour so we just had 'IF ITs', I'm not fussy though and I was full right up!
I have spent the whole day cleaning the house and sorting out the kids clothes so I had no time to go for my morning walk today - I decided after dinner when the husband goes back to work for a couple of hours I would ask the kids if they wanted to go for a walk - of course they said yes!So off we trotted and I decided I would let the kids decide how far they wanted to go before heading back home. My 3 year old isn't much of a walker though bless her and she got tired about half an hour in so I carried her on my shoulders for 15 minutes. My God she is heavy! I know she isn't quite 3 stone yet and I have lost over 3 stone - so to know I was carrying that around all the time not so long ago seems unbelievable! We walked quite a way then my son decided that was it, he wanted to go home. So we turned around.
I had my new phone app on for the walk and we walked for 1hour 24minutes - 3.63 miles - 8669 steps - and I burnt 593.9 calories! Now that has to be better than sitting on my bum watching TV!

Another day on track

No breakfast
magic pancakes for lunch and 2 babybels for HEA
Dinner was gammon steak, loads and loads of fried onion and SW chips
Just having my daily frozen rolos now :)

Went for another walk tonight without the kids. My phone had no charge so I couldn't time or tell distance/calories burned. I did have to go to the shop after though so I drove the way I walked and according to my mile counter in the car I was just shy of 4 miles in I think around 1 hour 25 - not bad for a 22 stone, unfit lump of lard!

Have had quite a down day today - I decided to sort out my tonnes of clothes I have chucked in the bottom of my wardrobe then try it on and decide if any of it fit me now, if I was getting close to any, and stuff I was no where near fitting into.

i found nothing new I could fit in now - 3 tops and one pair of trousers I should fit into within the next couple of stone - then probably a suitcase full of clothes I am miles away from fitting in.
It was depressing. The clothes I am no where near are sizes 18/20 but they look tiny to me and it seems impossible I ever fitted in them. I had to face how much weight I had put on in the last 18 months basically :(
Also I am in size 26 trousers now - I have been since the day I started SW. They are a lot looser now, I was bulging out of them in the beginning. I found a pair of size 24s and tried them on, they only just did up but it was a struggle. So I am still a good couple of stone from going down a size :(
BUT I must look on the plus side. I found 2 t-shirts I bought a few months ago but they were too tight and I couldn't get them past my bottom belly - tried them on today though and they fit properly and are floaty like they should be :) my guess is I have lost maybe 5 inches from around my bottom belly (my biggest part, I really do have a spare tyre!) so I have to focus on the good things, if I get down about it I could easily end up falling off the wagon again - I am a real thinker and I wind myself up!

I think the bigger you are the more you need to lose to go down a size, so you'll prob find once you hit an 18 you go down quicker. I know what you mean though, I have soooo many clothes I'm nowhere near getting into, but my 18's are getting looser and I have much less bulge over waistbands etc

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thats just more of an incentive for you to keep going! you've seen a bit of a result with the tops that do fit and before long you'll find you'll have dropped two not one dress size :)

I think the bigger you are the more you need to lose to go down a size, so you'll prob find once you hit an 18 you go down quicker. I know what you mean though, I have soooo many clothes I'm nowhere near getting into, but my 18's are getting looser and I have much less bulge over waistbands etc

Thanks, you are right, I was so down about it though, I couldn't get over I would have to lose 5 stone or so to drop a size - but then I thought I was more than likely a size 28 to begin with - just squeezing into my 26s because I didn't want to admit it! So really I have lost a size! x

Well done to you for clothes getting looser :)

Thats just more of an incentive for you to keep going! you've seen a bit of a result with the tops that do fit and before long you'll find you'll have dropped two not one dress size :)

I need to look at it from that angle don't I? Just don't know how to :D
I will still get in them all, but I was so hoping to find something at the weekend :(
Can not wait to drop a size! x

didn't post yesterday - not because i had a bad day but because I was ill in the morning but felt better by the evening so I had lots of jobs to do including my favourite job (not) of ironing yawwwnnnnn!

So yesterday's menu
Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - 2 babybels HEA, beans on toast HEB
Dinner - Turkey burgers, SW chips and lots of fried onion again. Then of course my rolos in the evening!

I was so impressed with myself yesterday - I was not well at all, I felt sleepy, headache, stomach ache and just blurgh, normally that is when I crave junk and don't want to cook anything but I made myself yesterday. My son also had a birthday party in the afternoon and I turned down the birthday cake without trouble and even when my son waved his egg mayo sandwich under my nose I wasn't tempted and egg mayo sandwiches are my weakness (along with tiger bread, chocolate of course, pizza, junk - basically anything I am not allowed lol)

Scales this morning showed -2-3lbs depending on what foot I put on the scales first! Why does it do that? Actually why do I test that? Along with testing them stood on one leg, holding onto the wall, with a full bladder, then of course with an empty bladder, before dinner, after dinner etc etc the list could go on forever!!!
Anywayyyyyy
Back to today
Nothing for breakfast again
Lunch was tricky... really tricky
It is my sisters birthday today, every family birthday we go out for dinner and I was planning on jacket with beans but they phoned and said they couldn't afford to go out today so they were ordering a dominos instead. I was in a flap, I have to admit I half thought (only half mind!) about having some but then I thought NO WAY I want a good week and even though pizza is one of my downfalls I knew I just couldn't do it. So that meant I rushed around my weekly shop today (£145!!!!! £145 wth, no one tell my husband or he will kill me!) and got home just in time to grill some bacon and boil a couple of eggs. I made a salad from my 2 babybels, 3 lean bacon, 2 eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onions. I was offered just 1 slice from the 3 pizzas they bought (3 pizzas between 3 of them!) but I knew if I had one I would have more and it would just be easier to go without which I did :) Just polishing my halo ATM! I have to say it was a lot easier to resist than I thought it would be and my salad wasn't half bad! My mum and sister said after though they shouldn't have eaten so much, they are both on diets and just as or nearly as overweight as I am - I was just sat there like a loon all proud of myself lol!
Dinner tonight was an old WW recipe for spicy beef with rice
Anddd of course i am eating my frozen rolos now

How good am I????

Not such a good slimming world day today I'm afraid
I popped to the shop first thing this morning and just got lottery and a magazine - I noticed when I walked past the till the women serving does SW too so I thought I would pick up a pack of cherry bakewell alpen light bars to look good.
When I got home I realised I was hungry, me + hungry = not a good combination!
So I had 2 alpen bars and said to myself I would have salad for lunch instead of beans on toast as planned. I completely forgot to cook my eggs and bacon though so I decided to make today a red day without thinking about it and had beans on toast thinking it was OK
As soon as I finished though I realised beans aren't free on red days so that plan went out the window - I needed something sweet so I had another 2 alpen bars!
Dinner was supposed to be homemade burgers but realised by then I wouldn't stay in syns for the day with all the alpen bars!

I made a quick decision to swap to calorie counting just for the one day - if I knew I was over syns I would go mad knowing I had already messed up, so if I had a limit then that should stop me going mad.
I added up my calories and I was at 850 - I decided to set a 1500 limit for the day.
Dinner never happened, Husband decided he fancied a McDonalds and I could not be bothered to cook so off to McDonalds we trotted. I was really good and ordered a crispy chicken salad (280 calories) and a diet coke - even in the trip to sainsburys for a doughnut after I resisited even though the strawberry shortcake cheesecake was winking at me!
Had my rolos tonight and I am at around 1400 calories for the day. Hoping it doesn't make any difference on Thursday!
Just one more day to go before WI - although I don't think I will get my 4lbs this week like I wanted I will be happy with 2lbs so it takes me into the next stone bracket!

Fresh from WI and I am disappointed and down. I feel like a failure. I have had SOTM every month since joining but when the next one is handed out next week I am definitely not in the running for it.
Losses so far this month have been -2lbs -2lbs and today I got -2.5lbs
Yes, very steady and sensible and on another day I would be pleased with that result. But today, well, I don't know guess I am just in a depressing mood day. Everyone in group was talking about how they have had to go shopping for new clothes and they have dropped X amount of dress sizes - I was the last in the group to speak today and I felt like I had to tell them even after 3stone 5.5lbs I still haven't gone down a size, so when it was time to leave all I wanted to do was cry - cry for still being the same size, cry for not reaching my 3.5stone award, and cry because an old member joined again today after having a baby and she bought the baby along with her and sat behind me. I want another baby so much it hurts. I had my son when I was 18stone but gained 4.5stone when pregnant and I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 22.5stone but lost 3 stone by the time I had her.
Both times I was treated as an at risk mum, I had glucose tests after glucose tests (all came back completely normal BTW!) scans every week at the end, and I couldn't have my babies in a hospital close to home, I had to go to a big hospital 15 miles away just in case something went wrong. Luckily both pregnancies and births were simple and problem free - I do however have a short labour and I panic about making it to hospital in time (1hr 40 minutes start to finish for one and 1hr 10 minutes after induction for the other!). So next time I want to do it right and be treated normally like any other mum to be would, and I do not ever want to hear my midwife comment on my saggy belly again! That was the most embarrassing part of the whole 9 months!
Anyway, back to the diet. Someone I haven't seen for a few weeks commented on how good I was looking and she could tell a big difference since last time she had seen me, I said thanks to be polite but I never believe people when they say that. My daughter pre-school teacher commented on it too Monday - but I had told her the week before when we were chatting I had lost 3 stone so I always think people say it just to be nice - especially because I haven't dropped a clothes size yet :(
Still waiting for someone to comment on my weight loss who doesn't know I am on a diet though - last time it was at the 5 stone mark so we will see - although most people know I am dieting because I tend to update on facebook every week! I ask my husband if he can tell and he just laughs because he thinks I am joking.

OK, must look on the positive side - I lost 2.5lbs today which took me into the next stone bracket yay!
I am now 21stone 12.5lbs and on track for my goal of 2lbs average a week until Xmas to get out of the blummin 20s! I can't wait to be a teen again!

3 weeks since my last entry.......
Well things haven't been great. 2 days after the last entry I got a water infection - then a day later toothache too. That meant that it took me ages to get to sleep from the toothache, and then basically as soon as I fell asleep my water infection woke me up. This lasted until the Friday so a good 5-6 days. I was exhausted, my husband works basically every hour he can and I still had to get kids to school, cook and clean. I ended up existing on hundreds of bottles of lucozade and quick chuck in the oven frozen food or anything quick! Diet basically went out of the window!
I was still ill for that Thursdays WI and I could not sit down because my belly kept cramping and I was exhausted so I didn't go and the consultant was kind enough to let me have it as a holiday week as I have been every week and stayed since I joined - whether I gain or lose!
I am really glad I couldn't go TBH, I knew the scales were massively up (on the Monday they said +4lbs!!).
I had my tooth taken out on the Friday and the anti biotics made me feel more human by the Saturday so the plan was to get back into it from there but after a week of eating anything quick it was hard to get back into the SW ways. I couldn't do it and spent the whole weekend stuffing my face too :(
Sunday afternoon I decided I would try to limit my gain and get back into SW properly. I came up with a plan to follow red days because I wanted porridge for breakfast and omelette for lunch so needed 2 HEA choices.
It worked well - I hid my scales and got on with it for 3 days until last weeks WI. I was so shocked, I had STS from 2 weeks ago even with all the rubbish in the weeks between them!!!!
As I was sat in last weeks meeting I was itching to get out and get on with the week, I couldn't wait to leave the group and just get on with things. I stuck to red days all week again and I surprised myself how I don't miss the carbs, I used to think I was a carb addict but I really do like red days, I won't say it is permanent but I still love having porridge for breakfast, omelette for lunch and chicken/beef/pork with loads of veg for dinner so I will carry on doing it this week.
Red days are being good to me at the moment as I had lost 4.5lbs today!
Now I am at 3stone 10lbs - just 4lbs to go for the 4 stone I am dying for!
The whole front page of my book is covered in stickers, not a single space left now so my 4 stone one will be the first sticker on the back. Really want it by the end of the month!

So I have set my Xmas target in stone now - there are 10 more WIs until Xmas for me so I looked back through my book to see how much I have lost in the last 10 WIs. I have lost 1 stone 10lbs - and that is with a STS week and a 2lb gain included. So I think if I aim for another 1stone 10lbs it will be do able as long as I don't stray too far off track!
1stone 10lbs would have me at 19st 12 lbs so I could be out of the 20s for Xmas, that would be the BEST xmas present I could ever give myself! Average of 2.4lbs a week which sounds scary but 19 weeks into my SW journey and my average is still 3lbs a week.
We shall see!

Another week of red days resulted in 3lbs loss this week. Really happy!
I have now lost 3st 13lbs and unless something goes drastically wrong I should get my 4 stone award next week, I have wanted my 4 stone for so long now!
I have reached a few milestones this week - I now weigh less than 300lbs - well 299lbs but seeing as I started at 354lbs I think I am doing pretty well
This week was my 20th Group (so 19 weeks following SW). I have now dropped 8 BMI points, lost 25kgs,

Still on target for my Xmas goal I have had a little look and if I lose 3lbs for 2 weeks and 2lbs for the other 7 weeks I will get the target. I know it sounds a lot and whatever I lose will be great but I like tough targets - and the minimum I have lost a week is 2lbs so I really think it is possible!

I have decided to start working towards my FIT awards next. Starting today every weekday I am going to get into the habit of doing 10 minutes free jogging on the Wii fit, hopefully it will end up my routine - school run, 10 minutes jogging, then breakfast every morning. I try pushing myself on the exercise front too hard and then dread doing it again so maybe if I do as SW suggests and build up gradually then I will feel better about it. 4 weeks of 10 minutes a day exercise isn't going to put me off is it?

This week I aim for 2lbs - I need 1lb this week for my 4 stone award but I want to keep on track for my Xmas goal too!

Well done on the loss :)

I think building it up gradually is a great idea- I keep wondering about the wifit myself for when the bad weather hits and its harder to go walking. Its such a big chunk of money at this time of year though- how do you find it??

Well done on the loss :)

I think building it up gradually is a great idea- I keep wondering about the wifit myself for when the bad weather hits and its harder to go walking. Its such a big chunk of money at this time of year though- how do you find it??

Thank you :)
Um, I like my Wii fit but I wouldn't go out and buy one specially just because I don't have spare money and can think of a million things to buy before I would buy one - saying that though I would miss it if mine broke! I got mine a couple of years ago from mobiles.co.uk when my phone contract ran out I had it as a free gift.
I like how you can choose how hard to exercise and something for all fitness levels (although I'm sure the super fit would disagree with me!)
I hate being cold and getting wet so it is perfect for those days and then I have no excuse to miss the exercise :)

I started this week with my usual mini binge - this week it was 2 snickers and half a portion of chips with a bit of baguette. When I got on the scales the next morning they were telling me I was 4lbs up!!!! I got real angry with them and asked my Husband to hide them from me which he did. I was a perfect SW angel until Monday and then that was it, I couldn't take not having the scales to jump on so I begged and begged and BEGGED my Husband to give them back so he did. I got on them hoping it would show I had lost that all important lb for my next award but NO, I was still 2lbs up!!! I was really upset, I had worked so hard all weekend and stuck religiously to red days.
I carried on being good though and this morning they were showing I had lost 1lb to get the next award! So off I trotted to WI all happy knowing I had lost a lb to get the award BUT when I got on the WI scales I had lost 2.5lbs :) Just goes to show you should never base your WI result on what your home scales say! I am so glad they were wrong that way than the other way!
I have completed my 1st week working towards body Magic. I do 10 minutes jogging on the wii fit every morning as soon as I get in or get up at the weekends - the only days I miss are Thursdays (WI day) and Mondays (shopping day) and I really enjoy it :)

So now I have lost 4stone 1.5lbs. I could struggle a bit now - just because I am a long way from my next award. I just have to think I am 21st 2.5lbs now and close to dropping into the next stone bracket, maybe that will help me along? I would aim to get it this week because 3lbs would do it and 3lbs is pretty achievable for me but I'm not going to, I will say I will in a couple of weeks........

The reason for that is because this is a stupidly HARD week. I have been invited to an ann summers party tomorrow night with some of the school mums. When I am without my husband and in a group of people I sit quiet like a mouse in the corner and it is physically impossible for me to speak, I get so embarrassed and can't join in. My cure for this is wine! I would say lots of wine but really I can only handle 2 glasses before I start crying lmao! So 2 glasses isn't so bad - but me + alcohol = food and lots of it! I never get invited anywhere so no way am I going to turn it down, I am going to go, get tipsy and enjoy myself for the first time in a long time :)

The other reason this is a hard week is because of my Husbands job. Basically the way it works out is we are properly skint all summer, it is really quite tough and this week we have had to survive on IFITs. But from Saturday we aren't going to be so bad off any more hoorah! And to celebrate we have decided to go to KFC!! I am going to have a zinger burger and chips and I'm not going to feel bad about it! Life is too short - I have been craving it for a while now and if I want it that bad then once isn't going to hurt!

OK 3rd reason - I start helping out in a kitchen 3 times a week now as a favour and will do for the next 3 months! There will be lots of fresh veg, new potatoes, lean meats about BUT there will also be lots and lots of cakes, chocolate bars, tiger bread, fried bacon, pies, crisp, shortbread etc etc the list is endless! I am going to try to stick to picking at the veg and new potatoes and I like to be able to believe I will be able to resist all the naughty things but you never know. I am definitely going to try my hardest anyway. I am changing back to EE days for this too because that would make it that much easier.

So this week I am just aiming for a STS or a small loss. I would be over the moon with that!

Back