My journey to lose anywhere between 10-13 stone!

Wow 4 stone is amazing- well done. I think I'm gonna have to ask my husband to hide the scales too- the first couple of weeks I wasn't even tempted to weigh myself mid week, but I WI tuesday at home and I already got on the scales again this morning- think I better nip that in the bud lol.

I like your attitude about the upcoming week- I'm sure accepting its gonna be a tricky one will really help you get motivated again once its over. Enjoy your treats :)

I used to WI at home when I did WW a couple of years ago and the temptation is even worse to jump on every 2 seconds! I think you did pretty well not to have a sneaky look for a couple of days! It is a huge obsession with me, I cannot help getting on them every time I see them lol. I wish I was different and I have tried loads of times to stop but I think I just have to accept it is the way I am - for now anyway!

I shall definitely enjoy my treats :) Really looking forward to tonight and tomorrows KFC. I used to think 'oh, this is going to be a bad week so lets just blow the whole week' but I'm not doing that this week - I am going to stick to the SW where possible. Like today I am not having any syns to make up for any mistakes tonight and having dinner just before going - and tomorrow no syns all day and have a late lunch so hopefully it will help me avoid the milkshakes and ice-creams. Shouldn't be too bad a week I hope! x

So my plan last night didn't work!
I got stupidly drunk on cider punch - no idea what was in it but I'm guessing cider and vodka at the very least! I didn't keep count but I'm guessing I had between 6-8 full wine glasses of it and I cannot handle my drink at all!
Had a great laugh though and really enjoyed myself, I avoided all food too, I was too busy drinking the lush drink lol

This morning I am more than slightly regretting it!
I was woken up at 7am and spent the next 2 hours leaning over the toilet urgh I hate being ill. Then I packed husband and son off to work, put TV on for daughter and fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours!
Feel slightly more human now, just a fuzzy head that I'm sure will last a couple of days - I will not be drinking that much again for a longgggg time!
I cannot face food yet, just the thought makes me feel :sick: so nothing yet, I will wait and see how I feel come KFC time, I'm sure I will still have to go with the rest so I expect I will still have something!

Maybe drinking is a good thing for SW? well to figure out if food is free it depends on how much it fills you up compared to the calories in it right? Well in that case lots and lots of drink should be a free food because it has filled me up for 15 hours ;) maybe even superfree? I did jump on the scales again 5 minutes ago and I am 4lbs down from yesterday no doubt from dehydration so sipping lots of water today which is bad enough!

Well now I have drunk tonnes of water my scales have shot back up those 4lbs as I knew they would but I am still half a lb down so really pleased with that seeing as I was expecting a gain on Thursday. I could possibly be looking at a 1-2lbs loss by Wi :)

Today is my first day working in the kitchen. I am going to leave straight after writing this :/ I am very nervous about it but I do have a plan in place. I am eating my breakfast late (still eating it now!) and I plan on having spaghetti on toast for lunch - something simple. I also have fruit and muller greek yoghurts to take out. Really hoping I make it through today but there is so much temptation! I just have to think about my Xmas goal and hopefully it will see me through.
We start of quite busy in the kitchen then we have a couple of hours doing nothing, this is when I usually snack and read a book but today I am taking all my SW recipe books out with me and writing my shopping list because I am off to tesco straight after! That should keep me busy for a while.

I had a long chat with my mum last night. She asked me what my goal was for my Disney World holiday in April and I said I would love to be back where I was 2 years ago (17st 12lbs) after my failed attempt at WW. She asked me will I keep it off after holiday or do I think I will put it all back on again like last time. When I thought about it, maybe I should see my failed WW attempt as a good thing? I now know how easily I put back on that 6 stone after my honeymoon and so now I know what I do not want to do ever again. Don't know if I make any sense but I suppose I am trying to say I have lost a lot of weight before - gained it all back within a year - and now it is something I dread doing again and I will go a long way to stop it happening again!

I will be back later to update how my day in the kitchen went :)

What a busy day yesterday! I didn't get chance to get on the computer so I'm updating now.

So straight after my post yesterday I went to the kitchen. Normally we all sit down for a cup of tea for an hour or bit more after the prep has been done but yesterday the other 2 sat down but I had loads of jobs to do so I didn't get chance. I didn't mind because then I didn't get chance to have the usual bacon sandwich. I was rushed off my feet until 2.45pm and then I only had a 10 minutes break to grab something which wasn't long enough so I ended up not having any lunch :( I knew I wouldn't get chance to write my shopping list out again so I used those 10 minutes to do it. I had a quick look through all my recipe books and decided on spag bol, cowboy pie, chicken lasagne, chicken balti, sweet and sour chicken and sweet potato curry this week.
it took so long to write out what I needed for the recipes I ran 5 minutes late (whoops) but at least I was ready to go to the shop once I had finished.

When we were cleaning up there was some veg spare so i grabbed it (carrots, broccoli and peas) and took home with me. There was also a whole homemade white chocolate cheesecake left over and usually I am the one that takes any desserts home - but yesterday I refused and took 2 slices home for the Husband instead! That was really hard, I do admit, I had skipped lunch and was HUNGRY, I love that cheesecake and I have already decided if there is any left tomorrow I am going to save a slice for my post WI 'treat' It is the most delicious thing ever!
So I think yesterday was a success, the only thing I ate was half of a tiny ball of stuffing - I did it without thinking about it but hell, it was such a small amount I don't think it will matter lol.

Straight after finishing I picked the Hubby up and we went to tesco. I stuck completely to the list (bear in mind it was now gone 5.30pm and I hadn't had anything to eat since before work) I was really happy.

I decided when I got home I needed to relax, so I did the best thing for me to relax and went to bingo! I only had 20 minutes before I had to leave so I cooked up some 5 minute quick cook pasta, reheated the veg and had a huge plate of pasta and veg. Took a bottle of diet coke, a curly wurly and an oatabix bar (HEB) and I was fine :)

Really pleased with my willpower TBH!

Today I had to take kids to have hair cut and the only way I can get my daughter to sit still is bribe her with a greggs sausage roll. So after haircuts I went in greggs for the 1st time since I joined SW (been too scared up until now!) and bought 4 sausage rolls. I was going to buy 3 (1 for each kids and one for Husband) but I could buy another for 25p more so I bought 4. Kids had theirs for lunch but HUsbands 2 were sat on the side all day and it didn't bother me half as much as I thought it would.

I am back in the kitchen working again tomorrow and someone suggested I roast some potatoes to put in the fridge and snack on if I don't have time for a meal again so that is exactly what I have done this afternoon. I par-boiled the potatoes for 10 minutes then coated them in chicken bovril - chucked them in the oven for 30 minutes and they are lush! Last day before WI tomorrow and that always gives me willpower of steel so I am not worried about it at all :)

I lost 2.5lbs today!
Really happy with that! I seen the scales hover between 21st exactly and 20st 13.5lbs. Was hoping and praying it would stay at the 20st 13.5lbs but it didn't :(
Still - that is good going in my book!
I am 3lbs away from 4.5stone sticker and I am going to go for it this week. If I don't get it at least I will be in the next stone bracket :D and of course there is always the next week!

So looking at my stats again - I needed to lose 186lbs at the start of my journey - and now I have 126 lbs to go. That means just 2 more little lbs and I will be exactly a third of the way there. 60lbs lost so far without too much trouble - surely if I can get this far then I can get all the way right!?!?!

mummyem85 said:
I lost 2.5lbs today!
Really happy with that! I seen the scales hover between 21st exactly and 20st 13.5lbs. Was hoping and praying it would stay at the 20st 13.5lbs but it didn't :(
Still - that is good going in my book!
I am 3lbs away from 4.5stone sticker and I am going to go for it this week. If I don't get it at least I will be in the next stone bracket :D and of course there is always the next week!

So looking at my stats again - I needed to lose 186lbs at the start of my journey - and now I have 126 lbs to go. That means just 2 more little lbs and I will be exactly a third of the way there. 60lbs lost so far without too much trouble - surely if I can get this far then I can get all the way right!?!?!

Brilliant going, really hope you get that 4.5 sticker next week, that's a huge achievement :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done you, sounds like you have a lot to be proud of this week :)

Hello, I have just read trough your entire diary and I just wanted to say well done on your fabulous losses!! I've been a bit demotivated lately (I joined SW over a year ago and went great guns up until last Christmas, where I had a blip, then again went well until Easter, had another blip, then been up and down ever since, it feels!) but reading your story has made me realise that even after down days (or weeks, in my case lol) it can be done, as long as we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off!! :)

I also found it took me a while before I started noticing clothes sizes, but I think I was living in complete denial and wearing clothes too small in the first place! Suddenly however I went from size 26 to a 22 it seemed, and in the spring I got a pair of size 20 jeans from Next - when I bought them I couldn't sit down for fear of the button pinging off, but now they hang off me!! Your time for clothes shopping will come, trust me, in the meanwhile just make sure you put money aside ready lol!!

Anyway, sorry for the long, rambling post, just wanted to say well done really, hope you don't mind if I stalk you to see your amazing progress!! :)

Emz xxx

Loved reading your posts - very similar to me - I hope I can do as well as you!!! 11lbs this week so far so a great kickstart to get me going - now all I have to do it keep it up! :)

Thanks Hells, Mel and Emz :)

Emz I am scared of doing the same, I set targets then once I reach them I either have to set another target or I go off the rails for a week or 2! My major goal at the moment is to be in the 19s for Xmas - then I already have my next goal to be in the 17s for my Disney holiday in April. I know I will try so hard to get there but once the holiday is over....well I am going to have to find something else to aim for - maybe buy a size 14 dress for Xmas or something! I always get carried away and think so far ahead lol.
Funny how you mention clothes, I 1st got into my new size 24 trousers (started at size 26) 2 weeks ago - that was when I first felt comfortable in them although they were tight around the thighs. Just 2 weeks later I am thinking of buying some 22s because the thighs are now LOOSE and I can get them on without undoing them! They don't look stupidly baggy like my 26s do now so I could get away with them for a little while yet but I think within the next stone I will fit in 22s :)
Wow at your 20s being loose :) On my failed WW attempt I bought a pair of 18s and they just looked so tiny to me and I could never imagine getting in them!

Wow Anna! 11LBS? :O Just take it one week at a time and they soon add up :) x

Going through a bit of a mind problem at the moment.
Before I start - yes I know I am still hugely fat - yes I know I still have a long way to go and yes I know no one takes notice of me when out but my mind doesn't believe that!

I have a problem with depression and paranoia. I am over it now but anyone that has ever had depression will tell you even when you are better it is still 'there'. Don't know how to describe it really - sometimes little things can trigger it.

I went out to bingo last night on my own at Gala. It was busy and hot. I got in there and because I was on my own I felt really self concious. Once I sat down I realised I didn't want to take my thick too big coat off. I felt silly in a normal long sleeve t-shirt, I kind of felt naked without the coat hiding me. That is strange because when I was bigger yes I would be ashamed of my size but I never felt like I had to hide in my coat. I never used to say I hide behind my size but yesterday I started questioning that. When I was at my biggest I knew people were looking at the fat lady but because I knew that and I though about that myself it never used to bother me. I know if anyone did look in my direction they were probably still thinking it because the difference isn't that big yet but in my mind it messed me up! It is kind of like the bigger you are the more invisible you are. Oh I have no idea how to explain it! When I look back at this I hope I still know what rubbish I am talking about lol! I was scared the people there would ask me if I had lost weight because TBH IRL I dread anyone asking me that other than my husband and sisters - no way do I want strangers commenting on it! I put my losses on FB every week too so everyone I know then knows and I don't have to tell them face to face IRL. I am not very good at conversations anyway and I always worry people think I am boasting!

My goal to lose 3lbs this week might not happen - I am still the same weight as Thursday which I am happy with - but that doesn't leave me much time to lose the 3lbs I need to. Thats ok, I will settle with just going into the 20s :)

I know what you mean sweets, part of me last year got all huffy cos no one at work had noticed or commented on my losses, then I got all paranoid someone WOULD comment as then I'd have to explain about SW!! I've only told my neighbour, my OH and my closest colleagues at work (oh and a few close friends, the list is suddenly adding up, lol) but I really hate the idea of talking about my weight or my efforts with anyone else, who i don't know very well IRL, does that make sense??

Anyway, I know it's easier said than done, but you really SHOULD hold your head up high and be proud of what you have achieved! :)

Re: your goals and being worried about falling off the wagon, take it from a professional, it really doesn't matter, it is how you deal with little blips that count! I've fallen off so many times its not even funny this year, but I've managed to clamber back on, and am about to finish 2012 with a good result. I have had some gains along the way, but overall I'm still at an over 2st loss from when I started (soon be 3, dammit!) and I just know if I hadn't persevered and climbed back on I'd be in a worse place than when I started for sure. Sometimes just maintaining a loss is just as good as losing! :)

Sorry, another long, rambling post, I've never been a believer in short and sweet, clearly!! Hope I'm making some sort of sense! : D. Xxx

I know what you mean sweets, part of me last year got all huffy cos no one at work had noticed or commented on my losses, then I got all paranoid someone WOULD comment as then I'd have to explain about SW!! I've only told my neighbour, my OH and my closest colleagues at work (oh and a few close friends, the list is suddenly adding up, lol) but I really hate the idea of talking about my weight or my efforts with anyone else, who i don't know very well IRL, does that make sense??

Anyway, I know it's easier said than done, but you really SHOULD hold your head up high and be proud of what you have achieved! :)

Re: your goals and being worried about falling off the wagon, take it from a professional, it really doesn't matter, it is how you deal with little blips that count! I've fallen off so many times its not even funny this year, but I've managed to clamber back on, and am about to finish 2012 with a good result. I have had some gains along the way, but overall I'm still at an over 2st loss from when I started (soon be 3, dammit!) and I just know if I hadn't persevered and climbed back on I'd be in a worse place than when I started for sure. Sometimes just maintaining a loss is just as good as losing! :)

Sorry, another long, rambling post, I've never been a believer in short and sweet, clearly!! Hope I'm making some sort of sense! : D. Xxx

Thanks Emz, glad someone knows what I ramble on about lol.
I hope I can end up with the same attitude as you about blips. I am ok with small, 1 week blips but I find it hard to stay motivated with any longer :( luckily I haven't had to deal with it yet but Im sure I will one day!
Ohhhh Just seen your stats - just 1lb away from 3 stone!! wow, best of luck to you x

I am SO excited!!!! If anyone has read more of my diary you will remember my post about sorting all my clothes out, hoping to find something that fit me when nothing did :( I was so upset after 3 stone and nothing fit still.
I sorted the clothes out into 2 piles - 1 that would fit soonish and one that would take ages. This last week I have been dipping in and out of the fit soonish pile and most of it fits me now! :D The bottoms are all size 24 (started 26, although was squeezed in) and tops are all size 22 (started size 26).

I also have a dress I bought a while ago I found out and I decided my goal would be to fit in it for Xmas - I decided to hang it in my wardrobe instead of putting in one of the piles so I would see it every day. When I tried it on last time when sorting clothes I could get it over me but I had to push, pull and tug my bottom belly (my biggest problem area!) to get the dress down and it was like clingfilm on me lol!
I decided to be brave and try it on this morning and it only goes and FITS!!!! My husband was in home so I went to show him and told him it was my Xmas goal dress to get into and he went and said 'well it fits now' !!!!! My husband is a nightmare for telling me things look silly or too small so for him to agree with me makes me all smiley!!! I would still like to lose another 7lbs before I felt really comfortable in it (my Xmas goal is still another 16lbs away so no probs there) the dress is a 22!!!! I am so happy right now :D

mummyem85 said:
Thanks Emz, glad someone knows what I ramble on about lol.
I hope I can end up with the same attitude as you about blips. I am ok with small, 1 week blips but I find it hard to stay motivated with any longer :( luckily I haven't had to deal with it yet but Im sure I will one day!
Ohhhh Just seen your stats - just 1lb away from 3 stone!! wow, best of luck to you x

You will be fine!! :)

Oops, I totally forgot my stats at the bottom (I do most of my updates from my iPad app, and don't see my own stats then) that's not entirely true as I had a little (just a teensy, eensy blip) over the summer holidays and am actually almost half a stone away from my 3 stones! BUT I am aiming for a stone for Christmas so I'll get it soon - hopefully!! :)

Well done on your dress by the way, it's an amazing feeling isn't it, I remember this time last year when I finally fitted back into my favourite Monsoon dress, such a happy day!! :D

Have a great day sweets, xxxx

Today I have been soooooo lazy!
I was woken up by my kids (last day of half term today) to tell me they were hungry - it wasn't until I got downstairs I realized it was 11.20am!!! I had slept for nearly 13 hours :O bad mummy!!!!
I had no get up and go about me all day. I forgot about my 10 minutes Wii fit yesterday so I did plan to do 15 minutes today and 15 minutes tomorrow to make up for it but I just couldn't be bothered! I will do 30 minutes tomorrow now to put it straight.

Because I woke up so late I decided not to have breakfast because I always find it hard to eat as soon as I get up so I waited until lunchtime to have anything. I had spaghetti on toast for lunch. Monday is my big shop day and I go as soon as I have finished school run but because I had the kids my Husband asked me to wait until he finished so we could all go. We left at 4pm with my shopping list in hand and didn't get out of Tesco before 6pm! I wanted the kids in bed early tonight so I had no time to cook them anything and I still hadn't had any dinner - all I had had all day was my half a tin of spaghetti on toast. I was STARVING my Hsband and kids had steak pies, flavoured cheeses, chocolate and sweets but I didn't pick any extra up. It was mentioned on the way home we should go to chip shop for dinner but I refused, when Husband asked again I said if you really want to but I will just have some mushy peas to have with a jacket potato. In the end we just went home and the kids had cheese baguette, crisps and yogurt. How bad a mummy am I?!?!? In my defense it was a one off!

As soon as I got in I started making the sweet potato curry from the new SW magazine thinking it was quick but by the time I had diced, chopped and peeled everything it seemed like ages! And then of course the sweet potatoes were still hard at the end of the cooking time so I had to leave it to cook for another 10 minutes! I was just about ready to eat the table!
I waited it out though and OMG it was yummy, definitely having that again!
No syns so far today so I have a snickers in the freezer for later :)

My scales are still only half a lb down since last weeks WI with only 2 more days to go :( still, I should be in the next stone so I just need to focus on that!

I have decided after Xmas I am going to join my local sports centre again. I joined last year and swam a mile 4 times a week - that was when I was off plan too, I just love swimming so much I kept going until my swimming costume was too small then gave up :(
With the swimming they have all exercise classes and a gym also included in the swimming membership price.......I have never set foot in a gym, always too scared of the stares from people but I am going to make myself go. I just know I will enjoy it and it would be nice having someone set up a circuit for me to target my biggest problem areas. My Husband has agreed to pay for me because it is really quite cheap - but on the condition I actually go!

proper scale rage!!!!!!!!!
The last 2 mornings I have been a STS or 1lb up and I have been PERFECT :cry: not fair!

That is all! Just had to get it out of my system, if I go check the scales once more and they still say the same I am going to blow!

proper scale rage!!!!!!!!!
The last 2 mornings I have been a STS or 1lb up and I have been PERFECT :cry: not fair!

That is all! Just had to get it out of my system, if I go check the scales once more and they still say the same I am going to blow!

You never know what they will say come your WI day so try not to get too disheartened- you're clearly doing really well and you already met your target goal for Xmas- that's amazing hun! I don't know how you cope with the pressure of weighing yourself everyday- I think I'd be ready to blow too lol.

You never know what they will say come your WI day so try not to get too disheartened- you're clearly doing really well and you already met your target goal for Xmas- that's amazing hun! I don't know how you cope with the pressure of weighing yourself everyday- I think I'd be ready to blow too lol.

Thanks Mel, not at my Xmas goal yet but edging ever closer..... x
The pressure of weighing every day is a nightmare - but if I try to not weight myself that feeling is even worse! lol I wish I didn't do it, and I have tried many times to stop but after 2 days I am like some sort of crack addict trying to find the next fix :D my Husband laughs at me, I go mad lol. It would be better if I could stop maybe I will try again...... x

Back