my journey to regained confidence and no more back pain :-)

xdebzx

hi

I started CD SS on tuesday 20th may, I am getting married in September and was not looking forward to choosing my wedding dress at all. (kinda have the "I dont look nice in anything apart from baggy clothes scenario going on")

I am a big emotional comfort eater and due to the stress i have suffered over a lot of years I have always turned to food & subsequently yo-yo dieting.

Not anymore! I need to do something for many reasons about my weight. I guess some people think I dont have a lot to lose weightwise but my spine tells me otherwise. I was born with a degenerative spinal disease which means my back gives me grief if i hit the top end of the scale for my weight.

Also, my self confidence is terribly low and after dragging myself out a severe depression (was taking meds to help) i realise that the one issue left to tackle is getting that "confident about myself" feeling back.

getting married in September and want to feel and look great!!

So roll on CD SS, I'm at the end of day four and have had a few wobbly moments today, but tomorrows another day.

Good luck to all my fellow dieters out there, whichever route you choose to follow and hopefully we can continue to inspire and help each other through the ups and downs along the way.:)

Debs x

Good luck Debs - you're going to look and feel fantastic on your big day - Cambridge is a miracle :D

aww thanks hun x

amazing weight loss for you so far, well done x

debs x

made it through the first week!

well, i did it! made it through the first week and met my mini goals! Yay!! :D

I seem to have aquired a blast of energy from nowhere, I have until now felt pretty lethargic and right at the beginning rather tearful and depressed. (did get warned about the mood swings tho!)

I like this feeling:D:D long may it last.

debs x

Starting weight - 11st 3 1/4lbs
Goal weight - 9st

started CD tues 20th May
Goal 1 - get through day 1 (lol) Done!!
Goal 2 - get to ketosis Done!! :D
Goal 3 - 1st WI - 27/5/08 - 7.2lbs lost!! :D Done!

i suffered from Depression (helped with meds) and anxiety attacks aswell. I was told by the doc to sort out my head and then my weight later which at the time didnt help as I was so self conscience that I didnt get out of the house. Now i still have anxiety attacks but managed to get through the depression so am hoping for a new start with renewed confidence.

good luck on your weight loss journey and well done for your first week xx

i suffered from Depression (helped with meds) and anxiety attacks aswell. I was told by the doc to sort out my head and then my weight later which at the time didnt help as I was so self conscience that I didnt get out of the house. Now i still have anxiety attacks but managed to get through the depression so am hoping for a new start with renewed confidence.

good luck on your weight loss journey and well done for your first week xx

Hi, I do still sometimes get the anxiety feelings back, My gp has given me meds to take when i feel like that. Stopped my anti-depressants about 2 weeks ago. I was also told to get my head sorted first, admittedly it was hard to do when you have a seriously low confidence about yourself.

However, even though the first few days were tough i feel good now and hope the more i lose the more confidence i will gain in myself.

Good luck with your weightloss journey too hun, brill 1st week loss for you too. xx

debs x
Starting weight - 11st 3 1/4lbs
Goal weight - 9st
started CD tues 20th May
Goal 1 - get through day 1 (lol) Done!!
Goal 2 - get to ketosis Done!! :D
Goal 3 - 1st WI - 27/5/08 - 7.2lbs lost!! :D Done!

week 3 weigh in has been and gone and...

.....decided to have a go at SS+, I think its more to do with something like a small amount of food to look forward to. (breaking the monotonous cycle of shakes as i cant stomach the soups)

I am finding weekends particularly tough at the mo so hoping that this could be a resolution.

On my second day of SS+ now and even though its a very small amount of food allowed i find it very satisfying with no temptation to eat more than is on my plate.

I have plenty of time to hit my target so i dont feel under pressure.

Onwards and downwards :)

debs x

Back