My journey to the Land Of Slim

some may call it stubborn, i call it determined love!

Ive loved reading your diary posts..thank you for this as its very inspiring. Youve been through a tough time and still manage to be an inspiration...i'll carry on following your posts...

Ria xx

Ria, thank you so much, I appreciate that......I'm still learning tho and it helps me to get it down and out of my head. I happen to be head strong at the moment and hope I stay that way. I know only too well how easy it is to go off track and so I just take each day as it comes.
Well done on your loss so far hun xxx

Oohhhh I'm excited......my band is coming together well for this festival gig in July. I have piano, guitar, violin, bass and drums with myself singing(and playing piano)and 4 backing singers. Big rehearsal later. Also I'm meeting with a top producer in July\ August and this time I'll be ready to meet him and not embarressed by my weight. I'm so ready to meet him now and confident (or will be at the time) that he won't turn me away due to how I look! Have a great excuse now to get a new very fab outfit for this gig. Its being filmed so I'll put it up on youtube after. It's 1 month away....I wonder how much I'll have lost by then! :)

I'm 2lbs off my 'normal\ok' weight range so I'd love that to come off this week with the 1lb so far........i need a good loss as they've been slow.....still happy tho with my overall 23lbs off Yay x

It's really amazing when you have things to look forward to it helps spur you on. Well it works for me. Looking back at pics before CD life too is always brilliant especially when you're having a 'fat day' or not seeing how far you've come.....it can sometimes be more obvious in photo's.

Feeling lots brighter today after yesterday being a really bad one but some TLC at home last night and a good sleep has done me the world of good. I've gotta live my life to the best I can and make the most of everything.x

Awwwww Curly and Serena, thanks you so much. I do write from my heart....I'm Irish so what you see is what you get! :giggle:
Hi Sunshine, its great to read your posts as its inspirational to know that I'm not the only one experiencing ups and downs. I've only been on CD 1 week but I already feel more energetic and can't wait for my weigh in this Sat...although I have to admit I'm a bit nervous too. I'm Irish too and would love to keep in touch with a fellow CDer to see if we can encourage/help eachother

CCx

Hi Ciaracastro,

Lovely to hear from you and thank you so much for you post. Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing.

I feel that life is full of up's and down's regardless of wether we're on CD or not. If we are going to binge on rubbish all those times we're low or going through tough times we'll never break the cycle we're stuck in. I have never in all my years of dieting thought like this....I've always fallen off the wagon when I've been in bad situations and who knows why but this time I'm thinking differently. phew!!!! at last!!!

Good luck with your journey and keep me updated xxx

Hi Sunshine Singer,
Long time no speak! I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a tough time recently I would just like to say that you are a true inspiration if you can stick at this diet with everything that is going on in your life then you are truely fantastic. You helped me so much during my first days. Well done with the weight loss - you're nearly there! I promised I would keep you updated but we seemed to have missed each other quite alot lately I had my first weigh in last friday and I lost 11lbs my next weigh in is friday cant wait!! I have been 100% SS and I like you love this diet I feel great and even though I am moving house this week and stress levels are high I do not have even the slightest temptation - in fact I feel lucky to be on the diet during the move as it means I have lots more energy my shakes are easy to make so I can make sure I am topped up with my nutrients that I need.

Hi Tink....oh it's brilliant to hear from you :) and I'm so glad you're doing so well. It was really my pleasure to help you out when you were starting CD and it was lovely to be any help at all.

What a huge loss you had in your first week, wonder what you'll be on Friday :) Well done on your positive attitude with CD...it really does help. I have my energy back to normal now which is brilliant.

Keep in touch and good luck for Friday wi and moving house.

Huge hug xx

Day 55- 23lbs Gone For Good

Day 55- 23lbs Gone For Good :)
:pGosh I'm losing track now of what day I'm on. I still have 2 days till my weigh-in. But I'm pleased with 23lbs off on the 810 plan.

I'm still feeling really brilliant about CD. I'm so enjoying getting rid of the weight once and for all. I'm starting to appreciate my body for the first time in my life.

I still have 11lbs to go to my goal weight of 8st 11lbs. I've found this week a bit tough so I've broken the last bit of weight into mini targets to aim for.........

-Another 2lbs- I'm at the normal weight for my height
-Then 3lbs - I plan to move to the 1000 plan
-Then 3lbs to go till I reach 9st (my original goal)
- Another 3lbs- I'm at GOAL

Of course I'll work up the plans as I go from 1000, 1250 to 1500 calories which I'm looking forward to now. When I first started CD I couldn't believe how much food there was on the maintenence plans but now I'm looking forward to having fruit with my porridge, or a hard boiled egg and rice etc.

It's the best feeling to have so many compliments coming my way after nearly 3 years of none. Or if there were compliments in that time I didn't feel I deserved them so brushed them off.

Last weekend I got through the family thing with flying colours and stuck ridgid to 810. I was so determined no-one was going to ruin it for me. Not even OH's mum who had baked a tart especially for me???????? and then told me she had an easter egg for me she'd been waiting to give me. I could waffle on about the whole weekend for hours but let me put it this way....if I can get through what I went through at that very difficult time, then I can get through every part of the CD programme. I know I can do this. I never EVER want to yoyo diet again xxx

Ps- The only down side of this for me is my very low energy levels. I've just been speaking with OH about this. I'm coming to the end of week 8 and really have hardly had any time where I've felt like I had my full energy back. I've almost got used to this. I actually am more relaxed than ever but I feel this is because it's the only way I can be on this diet. I feel a bit distant from myself, at times I make stupid mistakes and am def not thinkng straight/clearly. I know it's not for ever of course but I'm getting irritated by it now and irritable at the smallest things. Moan over xxx

Hi Sunshine Singer
Just found this thread and wanted to say thanks for writing it! I love reading people's stories and hearing about how they cope with the stuff that life throws at us!
You are doing so well - your weight loss is fab! Keep us posted about the gigs! x

Aah, thanks. Feels like I have a long way to go when I look at yours! But I will get there and I can honestly say that I no longer feel like I am on a diet - this feels normal!
Full of cold today, so not hungry and having no trounble keeping fluids up! x

Well done Sunshine, particularly for resisting the onslaught of the out laws. My partner was rushed into hospital on Thursday and so after doing brilliantly for the first week I had a disastrous weekend but I have to keep my priorities straight and realise that J's needs were more important. He's on the mend and so I'm back on the wagon today and determined not to fall again, so envious that you are so close to your goal and receiving compliments again, which are well deserved I'm sure. Can't wait to be in the same situation. Have a good week
C x

Hi Ciara, lovely to hear from you. You poor thing having to cope with all that. Look sometimes other things have to take over and your priorities change for a bit. But well done on getting back on track today and feeling so positive.

This plan is brilliant and you will do it. You'll get to your goal weight sooner than you think. I have 10lbs till goal and I'm so happy with the weight coming off but still my goal can sometimes feel a long way off, especially working up the plans and learning to maintain. But we can do this.

Have a great day and keep coming on here, it really helps to keep me on track. Altho it stops me getting on with work I should be doing hehehehehehehehe whoops!

hugs xxx

Back