My Journey ...............

Teee3

Day 1

Well this is day 1 and my Exante parcel is due between 10:08 and 11:08, I love that they can be so precise! I had to order it for delivery today as there was nobody in to accept delivery and didn't want to risk it being taken back to the depot. I've had a final blow out this weekend and will not touch another drop of alcohol until 21st December, this is the works christmas bash ... no food involved thankfully just a booze up for the young uns, I shall be drinking a couple of dry white wine spritzers and then water for rest of night, I shall make my excuses and leave around midnight, my workmates have no sense of time when they are out although I was the same when I was their age ;)

I am really looking forward to this diet and have never been as determined to stick to anything in my life ... I am at my heaviest weight ever and am 4 stone heavier than when I was 9 months pregnant with my last son! he is nearly 23 though so the weight has crept up on me ever so sneakily lol!

I think the think that has done it for me is when I saw this years holiday pics, we went to Turkey in Aug/Sept with my sister and her hubby and he post some pics on facebook and I was mortified I knew I had gained weight over the years but didn't realise how fat I looked, I'm usually the one that takes all the photos so I'm only usually in the odd one which is carefully posed for ... not random ones I know nothing about showing all the lumps and bumps in their full glory! I have tried to do Slimming World for a few weeks after I saw the pics but I cheated I think that now food is out of the equation I will gain control and not cheat, I have a week off work so there won't be any distractions and none of the non believers shaking their heads at me telling me just to "eat less and move more!" this is people who have never had a weight problem in their lives!

Anyhow I've ranted on long enough, I have my water for the week, I drink black tea and coffee without sugar so I don't think my kettle will be cold this week!

Good luck to everyone starting today!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My parcels just arrived! taking youngest son to work then will be able to have a good look at it ... sooo excited :eek:)

Good luck honey! I'm starting today too, well started first thing with a vanilla shake. It wasn't bad at all!

I'm also like you I've tried SW and WW, but they just don't work for me. Paying out so much for this diet, you just can't cheat can you!

Let us know how you get on xoxoxoxo

Well day 1 is just about over, no problems except a bit of a windy tummy, had shake in morning, bar mid afternoon and soup this evening, all taste ok so far... just the wind problem, trouble is I have IBS and thought it would help, does anyone else suffer this side effect? bit uncomfortable but had better persevere as have a months supply to get through :eek:)

Day 2

Well so far so good, not had any headaches yet (thank god!) not really had time to think about food today as been having the gas fire and boiler serviced so was dsitracted for a while, have just made a meat and potato pie for the family tea tomorrow and I was fine, the hard part will be when they sit down to eat it lol!

had a vanilla shake with coffee and half a teaspoon of green and blacks cocoa added to it for breakfast and it was lovely ... could have drunk it again :D had the chocolate orange bar for lunch and think it will be mushroom soup for tea, struggling a bit with the water today as its been cold, had to have the heating off while they serviced the gas stuff so will start chugging when the heat comes through, did have heartburn and windypops last night after the soup hopefully this will pass when my body gets used to the diet.

Still really positive, the test will be the weekend .... watch this space :eek:

Hi hun, well I wish I hadn't a headache! First thing it was awful, feel ok now after some water.
Are we allowed this Green & Blacks?
I must admit I did buy some of the Tesco no added sugar high juice which I've read about on here. I'm not gonna have any this week but by next week I can imagine being fed up to the back teeth of water, water and water.
What did you make of the bar? Im having the toffee one later, and I'm so looking forward to it lol ,
Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you warm up soon.
Take care
Laura
xoxoxoxo

Hiya Laura!

I'm sure I read it on a thread here that we can have Green and Blacks, its pure cocoa not a drinking choc and quite low carb/cal so don't think half a teaspoon will hurt :eek:) think I'll be getting some of that cordial, water is pretty boring on its own :(

I'm a bit undecided on the bars, they remind me of the atkins bars ... a bit powdery but edible, must admit I've eaten worse.

I spoke to soon about the headache, have a beauty kicking in now, I know it's due to the lack of water but I don't want to be up all night peeing lol!

I've had a couple of mugs of that marigold low salt boullion that was mentioned in an earlier post and I must admit it took the hunger pangs away, quite tasty aswell.

May have to go to bed early tonight just to get rid of this headache, nice hot bath and then bed I think

Hope you feel better tomorrow love, we can do this, we just need to get these first few days out of the way and we'll be disappearing before our very eyes!

Sleep tight!

Just got home from work and thought I'd nip on and update my diary.

Hope you're OK and have managed to shift your headache. Mines been on and off all day .

Here's to day 3, ketosis is on its way hopefully lol.

I used some of that boullion last time I did Cambridge Diet, I liked it! Might have to get some more when I go shopping tomorrow.

Im dying to try some of my squash tomorrow, but frightened it'll do me damage .... we'll see.

Speak tomorrow, night night lovey xoxoxo

I have to say Ive never heard anything about the Green and Blacks but I wouldnt think it would be allowed. Still I suppose its a case of whatever works for you.

Hiya Joanne!

I read it in an earlier post, I only use half a teaspoon, and green and blacks is pure unsweetened cocoa, if it has an adverse affect at my weigh-in i'll stop it but its just got me through the first few days ... fingers crossed :)

You could try adding some cocoa powder to the chocolate one to make it more chocolatey. Cocoa powder is pretty low in carb and calories, about 15 cals a tbs, but must be actual pure unsweetened cocoa powder, NOT drinking chocolate.

Some interesting facts about the benefits of cocoa powder here
The Cardiologist's Wife's Chocolate Too! Diet: No Sugar, Low Fat *&* Low Carb

well done on getting through the first few days.

xxx

Day 3

Well today has been a struggle .... have been cooking meals for all the others and the smell has been driving me insane, but I haven't cheated :) I had a mug full of boullion which took the edge of my craving for something savoury, although I could have killed the lasagne I'd just made for tomorrow lol!

No headache today, which is good but I haven't had all my water so may get one later. Had the mushroom soup again and put 1 teaspoon of boullion powder into it and it was lovely, just needed a nice crusty roll to go with it lol!

I'm dying to get on the scales as I feel so much better but I'm going to hangfire until Monday cos my weight fluctuates like hell, and I'd probably be disappointed if looked as if I was gaining ... anyhow cuppa time see you soon x

Hiya Theresa,

How are you today?

Did you manage all your water yesterday?

Must be hard for you having to cook for the family. I still live with my parents as 27! Luckily I can shut myself away when food is being cooked/eaten. I really don't know how I'd cope in your position!

I've woken up in a great mood, no headaches, no hunger pains. Hope you're feeling the same.

I'll let you know what the squash is like later, go a bottle made up in the fridge for this afternoon/evening.

Take care look forward to hearing from you

xoxoxoxo

Not been on for while, not feeling too clever, my youngest has decided to pass on his cold :( he shares everything lol!

Well decided to add a 400 call meal yesterday and over the weekend as I've been taking painkillers for my banging head and I feel so full after them, only had chicken and veg and cod and veg today and I feel bloated ... weird! Cooking roast chicken for family tomorrow so may end up having some of that but staraight back on to total solution on monday morning. Had to buy a new blender this morning as my old faithfull bullet died on me, bought a kenwood smoothie maker to go which after I'd used it read the literature and it said can only be used for cold and room temperature liquids, bugger!!!! I suppose the name ought to have given it away lol! does anyone use a stick blender to mix their soup as I have one of these in the back of the cupboard, could always use that I suppose, oh well of for a lie down know, the house is quiet, hubby and eldest playing golf in gainsborough and youngest at work, better make the most of it :D

Hope you're doing alright Laura, not heard from you in a few days x

Being poorly sucks :( If you need food then you need food - you're body needs to heal itself

Feel better soon

xxxx

Hiya hun, how are you feeling today any better? Must suck being poorly and doing the diet at the same time. Are you still adding a meal in ? Today was bad for me I wasn't hungry but coming home from work to a house smelling of roast dinner is hard going! Still I haven't resisted, just had a hot chocolate, it's well nice much better than cold! It's our 1st wi tomorrow fingers crossed for you hunny xxx I'm nervous and excited at the same time! Hope you enjoy what's left of your Sunday take care xoxo

OMG! I lost 10lbs! and thats adding a meal over the weekend too, I,m well pleased!!!!!!

I bought a kenwood smoothie maker when I was doing Slim Fast and it was amazing! couldn't recommend it enough. I don't have it any more though cos I dropped both of the cups and broke the screwy part of the top >.<

I have a hand blender that I use now, one of them small stabby ones that are used for making soups and what-not works a treat =)

Well done on your first weeks loss! 10lb is fab!

Did you manage to get back on to Total Solutions or are you still doing Working Solutions? xx

Hey stranger
A very big well done on your loss this week, bet you're feeling just like I am, A*M*A*Z*I*N*G !!
How are you feeling this week, hope you're better...
I've hidden my scales this week or should I say mum's hidden them from me! I want a nice surprise on Monday.
Getting sick to the back teeth of these soups. Although I really do love the bars, next time I'm going to buy the bumper pack of shakes I think!
Take care hun xoxoxo you're doing brill xoxoxo

Back