My last fat summer....

Louieec

Hello everyone :wave_cry:

I have made previous posts under another name but have decided to make a fresh start...

Where to begin...

Ive been overweight for as long as I can remember. Sometimes much overweight than other times. I joined slimming world in 2011 and at my heaviest was 22st 12lbs. I was probably heavier than this but I did lose some weight before I started. In a year I lost 8 stone. I felt great, took up lots of exercise and felt so, so positive that I could finish the job and lose another couple of stone.

I seemed to plateau but kept up my exercise and I felt fit and strong. Of course I had my blimps like everyone else but on the whole I was doing great...fast forward to September 2012, my mum had a stroke and the comfort eating began. I have always been a massive comfort eater and this was the start of my downfall. For the last 10 months I have been up and down like a yoyo, binge eating and then starting slimming world again, losing two stone in two months and then binging again and piling it all back on (and more)

I am terrified that I am never going to get this under control. I am now sitting at over 17 stone, nearly 3 stone heavier than my lowest weight. I am starting this diary as hopefully it will help me. There are lots of reasons why I comfort eat and maybe I will end up boring you all and rambling about those as well!

I don't want to be unfit and fat anymore, especially in this heat. I hate it!
Hello to everyone here:wavey:and thanks for reading! I need some support so if anyone has any to spare please feel free to chuck it this way xx

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I am aware how hard it can be when disaster of that sort strikes! I also know it reeks havoc with the diet.

I am here for support. :)

Thank you very much :) I need to do something. I just wish I could find my lost mojo! I can't use bad things in life as an excuse to binge because life is full of stressors so when would it end?

Well, my first "proper" day back on the old wagon. Could have been better, could have been worse! Annoyed at myself because we did a food shop and there were samples of cheese on the counter....me being me I had a couple! Sure, a couple of small bits of cheese won't kill me but it's the principle! Why can't I just say no?

Breakfast: porridge with semi skimmed milk - YUMBO.

Lunch: 2 x snack packs of m&s sushi, small mixed fruit salad and fat free vanilla yogurt.

Snack: portion of the Special K crisp type things. They are amazing.

For dinner I will be having mushy pea curry and brown rice. For those of you who haven't tried it I would really recommend it, it's lovely!

I've spent a huge amount of today worrying and thinking about food. It's really getting me down but just going to take one day at a time.

Oh. It's super hard to stay away from cheese!!! I love cheese. :)

That's it just take it one day at a time. I have to otherwise I'll feel all daunted by things and binge like crazy. I really want some chocolate today but i am being strong, taking today as it comes.

If i still want chocolate tomorrow might have some though.

Hi there.

Good luck on your weight loss!
I started meal replacement shakes 4 weeks ago but after 3 and a half weeks I had enough of not eating. I started missing shakes & snacking :0
Anyway I've decided to do the shakes but replace one with a low carb meal at night, which seems to be taking away the majority of my food cravings. Past few nights I've had a tuna salad, yum!
I'm about 5'6 I did weigh 14.4 I now weigh 12.11.
So I'm quite happy with my loss but I hope having a meal at night doesn't completely slow my weight loss down.
X

Well, I ended up having a massive munch :( whats wrong with me?

Start AGAIN tomorrow :(

Nothing is wrong with you!!! But maybe instead of writing a whole day off, why not write the meal off and get back on plan for dinner? Acknowledge the mistake and then just put it behind you.

Don't give up on the day!! So you had a bit of a wobble and gave into something naughty.
You did it, you felt bad, move on...............exactly what bridesmaidblitz said, don't give up on the whole day.

I had a McDonalds bacon roll and hash brown this morning. I enjoyed it, counted how many weight watchers points it was and now I know what I can eat for the rest of the day and stay within my points. I felt a bit guilty about eating it but balanced it out with a salad for lunch and tonight (yes in this heat!) I'll be having a soup.

Don't beat yourself up!

Thanks guys :)

Ive had a much better day today. Had a cooked breakfast, slimming world style. Salmon roll for lunch and my trusted mushy pea curry for dinner.

I just get so disappointed in myself. I want to feel fit and healthy so why do I binge and do it to myself? Wah I have issues....

My name is Louise, I'm 17st and addicted to food :p

Me too!!!

I honestly think its the mental attitude that we are "depriving" ourselves. I get the same with eating "bad" / "treat" foods. Most of the time I don't even like them!! But because of my mental association i reward myself
with them.

Glad you had a good day!

X

Thank you doublegirl :)

I have a huge amount going on in my life at the moment and I don't react well to stress so it feels like a constant battle. Meh we will get there in the end, one way or another! Xx

Thanks guys :)

Ive had a much better day today. Had a cooked breakfast, slimming world style. Salmon roll for lunch and my trusted mushy pea curry for dinner.

I just get so disappointed in myself. I want to feel fit and healthy so why do I binge and do it to myself? Wah I have issues....

My name is Louise, I'm 17st and addicted to food :p

I don't know about you, but I have a little of something in my plan so I don't feel deprived. My vice is chocolate! Maybe if you plan some food that you like (within reason) you will be less likely to binge. I know if I didn't let myself have chocolate, I would be okay for a few days, then really want some, think 'screw it' and eat a whole bar of Galaxy!

Well had a rubbish weekend eating wise but been spot on today. Did bodypump tonight and the sweat was dripping off me but WOW what a class!

Did anyone else watch that Jessie pavelka programme on sky one tonight? Inspiring.

Hope everyone is ok :)

Hello diary!

Today has been a challenging day. Made some treats for work and had a small piece. This instantly triggered my "all or nothing" brain I.e I have to be perfect all the time with my eating or I've blown it so may as well binge...

I struggled but only had one piece.

Came home tonight and had a massive barney with my man and yip, you guessed it - all I can think about is food. I've not binged but man I want to!

I wish I wasn't like this :( when will it be easier or just go away? :(

Hope you are all well x

Back