My life long friends comments

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Well, I am starting the day in tears. :cry: But HAPPY tears before anyone worries. :D

I just had an email from my best, life long friend back home. I have known her and been best friends with her since I was 8 years old. So we have been friends for <gulp> 42 years! She knows me better then anyone, and she just viewed our Garage Building Video that I had posted on here, and these are the commetns she sent. I was just really touched, I wanted to share. It has made my day and touched me deeply - and she is right - she is not a touchy-feely person AT ALL - never has been - so this mens the world to me:

....It was a throwback to see Katy - she looks totally the same to me - only happier, which is a most excellent thing! YOU on the other hand - I still cannot connect the dots of the "new" you with the "old" version! You also look happy - really happy - and as one of your oldest friends, that is such a great thing for me to witness! I understand the struggles you've had with your weight (and sense of self) over the years and I can't tell you how fabulous it is to see you so genuinely content, healthy, and very very PRETTY (which you have always been - only you have never seen it in yourself). You go girl! I mean it! I am so proud of you and ALL that you have overcome - more than just the diet thing ... all the curves life has tossed into your path and all the ego-thrashing you've endured - you've worked hard and come out on top. I am so happy for you. C is an excellent man for supporting you in this accomplishment.

OK ... OK... at the risk of turning into Oprah. I'll stop now. Not too comfortable at these "touchy feely" type communications (think virtual hugs ... ew!) but I did want to tell you now how I felt....

I'm really choked up right now. I think - because she knows me SO well, and knows every single detail of my life - this reaffirms how I feel - and makes me feel that it is true - that it shows, ya know? That my demons ARE gone. Does that make sense?

Anyway - wow - what a way to wake up!

Now wheres the tissue!!! :eek::wave_cry:

Last edited:

What a lovely email to receive - something to treasure and look back on :)

PS: I can't believe you are in your fifties!! ... I had thought you where in your early to mid forties.

That's lovely BL! It's nice to know that friends are proud of what you have achieved x

That is so lovely, it's good when friends can tell you how it really is. Your weight obviously mattered not a jot to her, but how it made you feel - that really mattered to her. What a smashing friend. Well doen BL, not just on having such a happy start to your day, but on getting where you want to be!

love

That really is amazing BL, what a wonderful friend to send you an email like that. Not only that but to have a frienship that has lasted so long :)

Jez
xx

BL :eek: 50's what on earth!! you look fantastic! O my golly dolly days!! well there must be some very jelous people you work with ;)

And that such a lovely e-mail it means so much when close friends comment like that because they're who know you the best....have a tissue and although the friend would cringe......a virtual hug :D :gen126:

Smile Beautiful Lady :D

Lovesyou
xxxx

Thanks everyone. I was really touched. I've read her email several times today, and makes me beam each time.

I am blessed with longterm friends. My 5 closest gal pals back home range in the length of time of friendshop from 42 years to 20 years. Not bad going....I am very lucky. I am sure it comes from not moving around too much, and living in the same area most of my life.

Truly blessed. :)

Oh BL

I am sooooo pleased for you, because
you know what you have achieved, both in the terms of your weight loss, but more importantly the personal issues you have confronted and conquered.
Your longest and bestest friend has recognised this. She sees how far you've come and she's told you.
That's fabulous.

Cool email for a cool lady. What an affirmation for how much you have achieved. xx

You know what that email says to me....that you are such a good friend to her and deserve such a genuine, loyal and supportive friend in return. Well done you!

how nice is that ?
its alway the oldest friends that see past the the first look and see beyond, thats lovely xxx

That is beautiful and touching
lovely
x

Back