My Lipotrim Story .... So far

AdiRoberts

Hi all, my name is Adrian (31 years old, male) and I've now been on Lipotrim for just over 29 days and lost 14 kilos. I began my diet at 115.3kilos, am now around 100kgs and my target is 80kg. Whilst I was never massive, I was obese and wanted that to stop.

I've been reading all your stories, so I thought it a good time to start contributing myself as I have benefited so much from reading other peoples stories. I recognise that I’ve not been on this diet too long, nor lost a massive amount (compared to some of my heroes on this site) but hope that someone finds my experience interesting and helpful to their weight campaign. I also write this entry as an outlet for myself (like a diary entry). Most of my friends, colleagues and family believe I am stupid to be on this diet so I often feel quite unsupported and isolated. No one seems to understand how I feel, how I want to be and the hardship that this diet entails. I guess, only time will tell whether they or I are correct.

I started the diet after a holiday to New Zealand when my weight became an issue. It was affecting my life. The flight was painful as my jeans dug into my belly on the 36 hours of travel, putting the tight travel socks on required plenty of huff and puff as I struggled to fit them on. Then I was prevented from doing the activities during the trip such as the bungee jumping, aerobatic flying and horse riding due to the weight restrictions. It was clear that something needed to be done.

Back home, my weight was making me really depressed to be so unfit and large. Obviously clothes no longer fitted and shopping for those clothes became harder. I could no longer look at myself in the mirror and hated being referred to as 'big man.' Whilst everyone at home likes the way I am / was ... ' cuddly' and 'teddy bear' like - I hated myself.

I knew I was better than what I was displaying to the world. In my earlier years I had always struggled with my weight but had always been active with some success in quite a few sports and was always quite adventurous. However, as the pressures of work (school teacher) overloaded me and as I lost my drive to achieve, I ate, worked and put on the weight forgetting who I formerly was. I became the person I didn't want to be (lazy, fat and directionless). As I hated myself, I couldn't see how anyone else could like me either. This is of course especially with regard to attracting the opposite sex. My self esteem / confidence had dropped so much and I’m a shy person anyway with regards to women. So I felt unlovable, unattractive and doomed to single life. Whilst this is still the case, I do feel a lot better and more confident in myself.

So, whilst I'm not at my goal yet (in both weight and direction), I feel I'm making good progress.

When I began the lipotrim, I continued with a few sachets I had from an earlier attempt (when I lost about 2 stone but stopped too early for it to make enough of a difference to my life). I had also tried and failed the lipotrim about 3 times previous where I would go on for a day and then talk myself out of it. I consequently only had a few sachets left. After I successfully completed 3 days I managed to get a repeat prescription from the doctors for a further months worth of shakes for which I will finish this week.

To accomplish this diet I have set myself a strong structure which I feel is sustainable post lipotrim. I wake early and weigh myself daily. I know most people advice against this, but I love it. I look forward to the regular and instant satisfaction or if I put on weight which I have bizarrely done twice now, it motivates me further. I then plot the weight on a excel spreadsheet. This is the heart of my weight loss programme. This spreadsheet plots my loss on a graph, calculates my average daily weight loss (0.48kg a day (I recognise that this will inevitably slow down) and it even predicts how many days till I should reach my target weight if I were to continue at that average daily loss. I have given myself up to Christmas to be on Lipotrim which is 115 days however it is really motivational to know that I may achieve my target early. The spreadsheet is really important to me as it allows me to quantify in time and weight what I have done and still need to do. If anyone would like a copy of it, email me and I’m sure I can send it on to you (it’s nothing special but so useful to me).

After I've weighed myself and I have my first shake of the day (strawberry shake), blended, lots of ice and made up with 2.5 pints of water so afterwards I'm full. I also have a multi vitamin tablet.

I then walk to work which takes 45minutes, then begin classes. At first break (remembering I'm a school teacher) I have a Berocca dissolvable tablet and then at second break I have a Vitamin C dissolvable tablet. I don't know if either really helps (or whether I should have them), but I like the structure of it, they're refreshing, something to look forward to and it replaces my packed lunch.

At work my energy levels, mood etc. have been fine. I walk around everywhere with a sports water bottle and the sheet mouth fresheners.

After work, I walk home, have my second shake (chocolate) then try to do some exercise. I either go to the gym (which I'm slowly building up from just 20minutes to now 1.5 hours), or play hockey, go surfing or just do something other than vegetate on the sofa or work. This weekend I did a rather strenuous twenty mile walk along the northern coast of Jersey (where I live) which certainly made me huff and puff (plus ache).

At the weekends, I still go out with the boys be it to bars or restaurants. I'm fine just watching them eat and drink. Whilst the smell and idea is attractive, I just think of my weight graph and look forward to seeing my weight drop that little bit more (plus the satisfaction I'd feel to have ignored temptation). The only food I ever really get drawn to is my nemesis - take away pizza, 12 inch, all meat with chips and cheese - I crave it so much yet know it is the reason I am in the state I am now.

I have also begun colonics. The idea of a pipe being stuck up your backside by a stranger frightened the hell out of me. But I thought I should do everything I could to achieve my goal, so I booked an appointment. If I was going for a clean inside which Lipotrim attempts to do, I thought that this would benefit too. It was good. I look the attitude of no shame when I arrive, followed the instructions and watched the contents of my colon flow down a tube. I go again tomorrow as apparently I’m 'blocked up' and 'full of gas.' It seems to work by the warm water melting the scum attached to the 1.2m of colon and through pressure and gravity washing it out. Whilst I feel no massive benefit yet, and does cost £65 a go, I presume it is doing some good in making my body and maybe absorbtion / metabolic rate better.

I don't generally feel hungry but the diet dominates my life. It dominates my thoughts and lifestyle. I never want to quit but do think of it. I've started researching the re-feed programme and it daunts me to change from what is working. I don't want to eat properly again through fear of putting it all back on. I have also looked into going on Atkins as I know this works in similar ways (ketosis). I do know that whatever I do, it will be harder than what I am doing now. I know that I have to change my 'normal' lifestyle and from now on be far more aware of what I'm doing and eating.

So, I think that is all now. I’m sorry to have ranted on. I just know that I would have found the above story interesting and maybe even useful as I did when reading all your inspirational stories. I have certainly found it useful to write to you all and tell you how I am.

I have some way still to go till I reach my personal aims and weight targets and hope that I'll be able to write once more on this forum to proclaim my victory over my belly.

Thank you for listening and I wish you all luck.
Adrian

Hello Adrian and welcome to the boards. I found your post incredible - it really resonated with me, almost every couple of sentences I thought 'yes, I feel like that too' but I haven't been able to put it into words or even concrete thoughts.
I think it is hard when our 'comfort meals' (and mine is pizza too) seem so wonderful - a chance to escape the pain of our lives. We know they aren't wonderful, we know we need to reenter our lives, but it's scary and the only way to do it is do it slowly.
I lost a couple of stone before starting LT but LT is by far better in helping me attack those demons. It is very hard and at the same time easier than what I've done before.
Congratulations on your achievements so far and looking forward to seeing more of you on the boards xxx

hi adrian and welcome to a really friendly and supportive site. it was fascinating reading your post - even though lots of (lovely!!) men post on this forum, i still think of being overweight as a woman's problem - mainly because i am one and i live with a beanpole!!

sounds like you've found a regime and routine that works for you and that's the key i think. you sound like you have settled into what you are doing, regardless of support (or lack of) from friends/family - who are sometimes our harshest critics. Even my sister who loves me dearly and is supportive of what i'm doing will say "eat something for God's sake" if i'm narky at work as if that will solve everything. Like you, I know that it's eating something to make you feel better/celebrate/commiserate/punish yourself that gets us in this state in the first place. To start off I felt deprived because i wasn't eating - now I think I'm depriving myself of a whole lot more if i don't carry on with LT - being slim, healthy, wearing nice clothes, looking my best etc etc

anyway, i've whittered on now but basically, welcome, keep posting and enjoy minimins!!

Hi Adrian, and welcome :) you sound like a very organised and positive person, and with a attitude like that you should do fine.
But the support or telling offs and alway available anytime you should need them.
Best of luck

Judy

Hi Adrian

Welcome ! x you will always be supported in here remember that! sounds like you have found a way of making it work for you and the regime and daily planned activity work for you so stick to it!

Good luck on your weight loss journey, and on your next 20MILE!!! crikey ! walk x

Hi Adrian, thanks so much for posting, it was lovely to hear your story and I identified with a lot you have said. It will be lovely to hear from you when you r4each your goal, but feel free to post in the meantime, we would like to hear from you more regularly.

By the way a 20mile walk is a little more than 'rather strenuous', well done you but not surprised you ache x

Hiya adrian! Please can i have your chart! Id love to track my progress like yours :) i cant believe how good you put your life into words,its a difficult thing for a person to do when they are feeling mixed up over weight! Your a great inspiration and i hope to god you keep at it this time---although i know you will! X

Well done and thank you for sharing. :D My Oh has weight issues so I am very aware that it is not solely a woman's issue. He was athletic and sporty also so the body he is in now is entirely incongruous with his self image i.e. where he's happy. I think we're similar in that as I, whilst never actually sporty, was very active and dare I say it -attractive! (AHH!!!) And to be this overwight and unattractive is not just a blow to my already precarious self esteem but also a blow to my belated ego (we never know how good we've got it until we no longer do eh?).

It is very important that you keep doing what has been working for you, your happiness, your quality of life absolutely depend on it. Congratulations on being so resolved and determined -it isn't easy breaking out of that rut -everyone on this forum knows that!

I truly wish you all the best and continued success -do keep us all posted won't you? This forum is witholds a wealth of support and encouragement.

GOOD LUCK!!! :D

Welcome Adrian and thank you for a great post.

Like you I am a school teacher and found the continental school day most of the schools in my area use to be my downfall! I do some supply at the only local school which still has a traditional day and it really helps me!

I also have a spreadsheet which I update every WI day and also work out my weight if I continue to lose 2/3/4lb a week so I can see how close to my goal I am and when I am likely to achieve it. I have a graph as well and it is great to see it going down all the time! I know it helps keep me focused. All I need to do is up my exercise!!! Driving my children to all their sporting activities doesn't count!!!! Lol!!!

I haven't told many which diet I am doing because of the negative response I have heard from them about vlcd but those who know are generally very supportive as they know how much I have struggled with my weight for years. It is a shame you don't get the support you need and deserve but be assured, you will definitely get it on here.

You have made a terrific start and I do hope you will continue to do so. Good luck.

x

Adrian great to read about you and your journey with this...I am hoping you will post and keep us informed about your progress. I have a feeling your confidence will grow as you shrink and you may actually start to believe that someone able to express their feelings as eloquently as you just have is not likely to be destined to be single. Good luck:D xx

God, Im almost in tears reading this entry...its like reading an extract from my life.

Well done for your decision to do LT and change your life. I have no doubt you can do it.

Hey Adrian,

Your post has made me think more, I think that you are feeling all the same things that I am feeling, and probably everyone on the forum is feeling.

First things, for a woman to love you, you have to love yourself, and you dont have to be stick thin to do that, my OH has a bit of weight on and is on LT and I love him because of who he is not what he looks like, though to me he is gorgeous and sexy and I want to be in his arms all the time. Being overweight does not affect this and I doubt that it ever would.

To be honest Adrian, you need to appreciate what you have done, you have as the saying goes 'taken the bull by the horn', you are changing all the bad habits in your life, and you are changing you life and your health for the better, you have got to give yourself a pat on the back.

Its excellent that you have started going to the gym also, I know the feeling of the excess engergy to get rid off.

I really admire you for coming on and being honest, its one thing that I love about this forum, yes my picture maybe up, but I can say what I feel and think without worrying about being judged.

I wish you all the best of luck, and hope you stick around and keep us all up dated.

By the way I would stop the Vitamin C tablets as I am sure there is citric acid in them which will slow ketosis down or stop it completley. You really dont need to take any extra vitamins or minerals while on LT as the shakes hold everything that you need!

Your a brave man having the colonics :eek: :eek: :eek: I would love to give it a go...............but I would be far too embarassed !

Good Luck

Laura x x

Hi Adrian
Just wanted to add my welcome and to say that I also found your post very eloquently (thats my big word for the day :D) put.
Wishing you all the best on your journey
Magsy

Back