My list of benefits

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
There have been some good threads about the benefit of doing LL and losing weight.

I was trolling back through some of my thoughts in my diary, and I found a list (rather long - sorry! :eek:) I had made after losing about 8 stone...maybe more, but not yet at goal.

I thought I would copy it here again. I think I wrote it in June 2008. All of these things happened and I felt so wonderful - seeing that these things happened may help some starting out who have doubts. I hope so anyway. :)

It is rather long - sorry! - but there are that many (and more!) benefits, they are worht shouting about!!! :D

Anyway - here is is, and I hope it helps even one person. :):

Good things that have come from this diet:

Restored confidence

Heightened self-esteem

Can sit in an airplane seat and have more seatbelt left then my hubby

Can paint toenails more easily

Clothes fit properly - more snugly showing off curves

I WANT clothes to fit properly!

I smile when I see a mirror

I happily step in front of a camera

I have a voice, and stand up for myself

I have a heart, and allow myself to feel things without fear

There is no more shame - I can openly speak about my issues with food with most anyone

I am proud - proud of my acheivement

I am beginning to really like me

I am beginning to believe that it may be possible that I will once again enjoy sex/intimacy

I feel I have reclaimed my life

I walk in to a room of strangers with my head held high

In a crowd, I feel normal

I take more pride in how I look for work
Have gained a lot of respect and admiration from friends/family

I have made my 90 year old mother very happy, and proud

I have faced things that for years I did not have the courage too

I have felt things that for years I did not have the courage too

I have accepted things that for years I did not have the courage too

I have forgiven myself for things that for years I did not have the courage too

I believe in myself again

I feel a lot of love, for a lot of people

My husband is seeing me feeling good and happy about myself, really, for the first time. And he is so proud of me

I can hug my knees

I have a future

In fact, my future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. :cool::D

Thanks for listening. I just wanted to note some of the wonderful changes that have occured during these past 6 months. One half a year. Just that, and I feel I have come so far. In such a short time.

This really IS that "magic pill" I always hoped for.

Well, that's me well adn truly waffled on.:eek:

"Say goodnight Gracie."

"Goodnight Gracie" :)

x

Some fabulous achievements, some of which I can relate to as well.

It's amazing what we brush under the carpet when we are larger, so many everyday things become such a chore and usually end up making you feel even worse about yourself. I have found that LL has given me a buzz for life, of course I still have low days, like when I catch a glimpse of me in clothes that aren't that flattering in the mirror, I handle it differently now though rather than sink into 'woe is me mode' and eat eat eat I now plan for how I can deal with it by thinking through the next part of my journey!

It's also quite surreal when people walk past me without even recognising me, partly because I used to be blonde but mostly because I a slimmer. I get so many buzzes from how I look and feel now it's brilliant. Never have I had such lovely manicured toenails painted in some fab colours lol the end is so close or should that be the beginning!?! Xxxxx

BL

Made me feel a little sad reading your list hun.
All so true.
You know your mum was proud of you ALL the time.
She was even more proud when she saw the new gorgeous slim more confident you.
She'll be even more proud knowing you haven't let it slip.
It would have been the easier option, but as always you step up and take the challenge on the chin (only one!)
So proud to be your pal. xx;)

Lovely lovely post - so honest and open. Thanks for sharing it.

Back