My LL story 18 weeks in.

Fudgie

Hi, although im new to this site i thought id tell you my experience with LL, as above ive been on the course 18 weeks now and so far i've lost 9st 9lb. I've only ever had the shakes, as soups and bars didn't really interest me, but i also made myself a promise i'd exercise 3 or 4 times a week which i've stuck to religiously. I never thought i'd continue to lose weight so quickly and as i can now see the end, another 15lb to lose, im beginning to wonder why did it take so long for me to find LL. As soon as i figure this site out i'll share my weekly losses.

WOWWWWWWWWW thats amazing!!! 9.9 stone in 18 weeks!!!!!! OH EM GEE!!!!!!!! i take my hat off to you x

Gosh! What a lot of weight lost so quickly! I wish you had a diary on here, it would be wonderful to have read your journey so far. Did you have many 'down' days or days when you had bad cravings? Did you give in to them? Are you on lite now? What is your relationship to food now? Sorry, so many questions (I have so many more!)

what was ur weightlosses per week???

Well done thats brilliant!!! I only had the shakes for the my first seventeen weeks, well actually only strawberry! But now im loving the toffee bars too! Good luck geeting to goal x

Well done thats brilliant!!! I only had the shakes for the my first seventeen weeks, well actually only strawberry! But now im loving the toffee bars too! Good luck geeting to goal x

Whats ur weightloss been carly? x

6st 12lb but going to weigh tomorrow as have been working last couple of sundays so hope to get over 7 st

Wow thats an amazing amount of weightloss in such a short space of time. Well done! I am keen to hear what exercise you have been doing as I would love to speed my loss up a little bit.

Thanks for all the posts, i'll attempt to answer everyone. My first week i lost 21 lb which was what made me stick to just shakes followed that with a 10lb loss and until the last few weeks i've mostly lost 6 or 7lb, my worst week being 4lb (which i was gutted with, stupid i know).
For anyone just starting i know how hard the first weekend is, i actually just stayed in bed from 5pm friday till the sunday afternoon. But my biggest test came on my second weekend when i was on a stag do in Cardiff, now 40blokes on the beer and 1 singular outsider with 10 litres of buxton water in his room don't mix very well but i proved to myself i was strong enough to see it through.
Exercise well at first i only felt comfortable swimming and on the bike in the gym but i soon ended up doing 30km plus on the bike and swimming a mile, so thought id better introduce the cross trainer and some weights. I personally couldn't think of anything worse than a personal trainer but i knew a couple of gym addicts and apparently rowing is a great way of fighting the belly so i added that in as well.
I did keep a diary for the first few weeks but have yet to read back through, im hoping to start the route to management in two weeks. I'll post pics asap.

Well done for staying abstinenet on the stag do cant have been easy!

Wow thats a lot of exercise, well it is for someone who just needs to hear the word gym nd i break out in a sweat lol

Keep up the good work,

Wow Fudgie that is amazing , what a fantastic achievement!! you'll be the poster child for Lighter Life. You've just spurred me on to keep going. Were you ok doing the exercise, I have been holding off doing it as I understood that on such a low cal diet, to be burning the calories wouldn't be good for us?
I love my exercise but as yet have kept it to brisk walking and swimming, but have been sorely tempted to re-start my gym membership..i think I am going to go for it and get back on that cross trainer, I have been on LL for 4 weeks now and have lost a stone and a half, and already I feel like a new woman.
Thank you for joining the forum, I am sure everyone agrees we look forward to your diary entries :)

Hi, i decided early on that i wanted to do as much exercise as poss so just went to the gym and found my limits. Most days i would do a good hour in gym doing cardio then added a swim at the end. You will soon realise if your doing too much, as you will become light headed. Just take it day by day and you'll be fine. I think exercise isn't encouraged enough on LL. Just be careful.

Ok so im sat here with my 'my journey' book and thought id add my weight losses and some feelings from my diary as ive done LL.
October
Date 20/10/2010 weight to lose 140lb
First time in years i've been honest with myself about weight problem, decided that by my birthday, 20/03, i'll be a 34waist, currently 46/48, and have no x's in front of my clothing, currently buying off jacamo and other plus sized places the large will be from next or river island. My LLC tells me this is unrealistic but i'm convinced its possible just stick to programme!!!!!.
27/10/10 weight lost 1st 7lb!!!!!!!!!
Strangely not estatic with loss as i know its deckchair off titanic but a good start and one im sure was helped by swimming and biking. Stag doo in cardiff this weekend! Worried but confident.
3/11/10 weight lost 2st 3lb!!!!
Over the moon with this week lost 10lb and managed to not cheat while in Cardiff, actually walked about 5miles at 6:30am to sort my head out. So lucky to have supportive friends.

Last edited:
November
11/11 weight lost 2st 11lb
Another good weigh in proving i can sustain this as long i stick to programme, feel really focused now and can't understand why people in group talk about 'outside' recipes for food packs? Its up to them but why trick yourself your on a diet just stick to it and it will finish quicker.
24/11/10 weight lost 4st!!!!!!!!
LLC has today told me my losses will not continue like this so im not to be upset if i have a few small weeks, small weeks not if i can help it. next test coming up my friends wedding 11/12 im there all day beginning to look for escape routes if im struggling!
December
1/12/10 weight lost 4st 5lb!!!
I know this sounds silly but ONLY losing 5lb this week put me in a bad mood, must concentrate on taking in water and realise 5lb a week is still a massive amount, although still upset.
15/12/10 weight lost 5st 6lb
There is a god! The last two weeks have seen another 15lb lost! A reward for my good behaviour at the wedding
Friends Wedding day, decided that best way to avoid pre-wedding drinks was to offer my services as taxi for a day so did 3 runs to the church thus making it to church just in time for the bride, then at reception waited until everyone was getting seated for dinner and escaped to local pub where no food is served had a few mineral waters and read the paper, when back when band and disco started. Had a great night no food no alcohol, just water and dancing, everyone was commenting how well i was looking.
29/12/10 weight lost 6st 5lb
Christmas consisted of work and dvds luckily im looking after my mums house while shes away so no food or goodies in house, weight loss us fantastic really feeling more confident.

January-feb 2010
12/01/11 New year, new me
Weight lost 7st 5lb
The weight really does still want to come off, in the last few weeks i've been laid up with gout a condition i've had for 6 years, although i know its a side effect of LL so ive been expecting a bad case this still came as a shock. I've been unable to bend either knee or put weight on ankles but still lost good amounts of weight, just worried im out of the habit of going to gym now so have to start again. Why is it if i miss gym im worried about going back? Noone is judging me except myself.

26/01/11 total weight lost 8st 1lb
Im really happy im losing my weight but at the same time can't believe how many others in group have felt it ok to cheat over xmas period, i can only affect my results but i feel like there is a group mentality where if 3 or 4 of them have cheated its ok, i don't know why it bothers me but it really affects my mood. LL works if you stick to programme!!!!!

9/2/11 weight lost 8st 13
Not surprisingly the group has been decimated we now have 3 active men in sessions, 12 at beginning of jan, im glad to be nearing end of inital faze as surely LLC will have no option but to stop our group as this can't be profitable. So glad i've not cheated at all but looking forward to RTM now. Hopefully be there by 20/03 so i can stick a candle in my chicken breast!!.

23/2/11 weight lost 9st 9lb
Im still so focused on this im surprising myself, ive began to have comments along the line of 'don't you think you have lost enough now' do people really think this is a helpful comment? I feel better than i have in 8years i look better than i ever have, and im getting fitter by the week. I know this sounds like a rant and most people will say they are looking out for me but this is my journey and i believe a selfish outlook is the best way to be successful.

One more thought, i've been lucky enough that so many of my friends have been so supportive during this diet, i even have most of them tracking my goals as i go along. By the time i get home from my weigh ins i've normally got texts asking me how i got on. This has inspired me to keep going so i would tell people don't be secretive about your diet, tell people, most will surprise you by how supportive they can be!

Back