My LT experience

About me
30 yr male
I was very athletic as a child and throughout school I swam did triathlons and rowing to name a few activities. I went to uni and enjoyed university life and all its glory including booze fast food etc. After completing university I got a full-time job and started to pay attention to my health. I did an extreme exercise regime meaning that I exercise twice a day I lost a lot of weight on that but built up quite a bit of muscle mass. I overdosed on this once I'd stopped I found it very hard to go back to the gym. I went from 15 stone down to 12 1/2 stone on that exercise routine. I have been seeing my gf for the past five years unfortunately she likes to cook a lot and I'm very lazy person by nature so now up to a massive 18 stone. I'm very lucky and the fact that I do not look like a fat person. In fact the pharmacist was very surprised that I weighed that much and had to double check the scales.
Anyways so here I am week one day one and what a day to start. I am working in a different city this week and normally when I work away I like to go out in the evenings to restaurants and enjoy lovely meals. Unfortunately I cannot do this. Today at several meetings at work I had Krispy creme doughnuts shoved in my face. It's amazing how much bad food is integrated into our lives.
Man those shakes are horrible. Today I have had the strawberry one in the morning and I have just had a vanilla shake this evening. It normally takes me 30 minutes to finish one.

I just thought I'd create a post to keep my mind focused on the gargantuan task at hand which is weight-loss. I rarely post on many forums but I felt it was important for me to post on this one. I cannot wait until ketosis kicks in. I have got myself at several points during today daydreaming of food. I hope I remain strong and continue on this diet I read a lot of posts on the forum saying the first four days of very hard I plan to work through these.

I will hopefully every day post up on this page to let people know how I'm getting on and if anyone who is interested in the diet to give them some insight.

Welcome Foodwithketchup and this forum is a fab place to come if you are feeling in need of support!!

Won't be long getting rid of all the weight :) x

Welcome foodwithketchup

We were all new once and trust me when I say it does get easier but I agree just how much bad food is around us and how tempting it is. It is emotional and disheartening at times but when you see the scale numbers move down you will be :) good luck and keep it up...if you hunt this website you will see some great ideas to make the shakes a little more interesting.

Man those shakes are horrible.

This made me laugh! Chocolate is the, erm, best imo. Still awful though. And you get those grainy bits of sweetener that are so bitter they make you want to puke :D

thanks for the post guys really appreciate it. I did not find today as bads although I did have to go to the pubwith my work mates it was very difficult but I remain strong and just had water. I am currently drinking a vanilla shake I think it is better than the strawberry one. I get back to the hotel at about 8 o'clock and to be honest I'm not really hungry I am forcing it into me.
can you skip shakes if you're not feeling hungry or is advisable just to keep with the two shakes per day?

sorry for the bad grammar I'm using voice to text because I can't be bothered texting on my mobile phone and sometimes the voice to text does not pick up exactly what I said

thanks for the post guys really appreciate it. I did not find today as bads although I did have to go to the pubwith my work mates it was very difficult but I remain strong and just had water. I am currently drinking a vanilla shake I think it is better than the strawberry one. I get back to the hotel at about 8 o'clock and to be honest I'm not really hungry I am forcing it into me.
can you skip shakes if you're not feeling hungry or is advisable just to keep with the two shakes per day?

You need to have your two shakes each day because they contain all the vitamins, minerals, fibre etc that your body needs

Day3
man today was hard.
I started off in the morning with the strawberry shake - wasn't hungry but forced it down. I got to about 3 o'clock and during a meeting at work I started having a fantastic day dream about food. Nearly erotic lol. I left work about 4ish and on the walk back to the hotel I got hungrier and hungrier. I thought ketosis kicked in yesterday as I wasn't hungry then. Obviously it hasn't. I know I haven't drank enough water today. Probably a litre and half including the shakes. Got a bottle sitting beside me and slowly drinking it. Will have my shake in an hour or so.

I do feel thinner in fact my shirt is not as tight. I know you have up sides and down sides. Currently feel as if I'm on a downside. Meh but I'll be fine. It's strange not having eaten since Monday night. *Hello future skinny self* (for when I read this blog back )

im rambling...

time to to watch a rocky movie for motivation. Every guy can complete any task after watching those movies lol

Oh I forgot to say that I'm finding the shakes more pallettable the strawberry and vanilla anyway. Haven't tried the others.

That's thirst your feeling, need to drink more like 3 litres xx

end of day 4
I've definitely found that the evenings are the worst - actually from 4pm - 8pm. The food day dreams continue but managed to struggle through them.
No energy tonight, going to watch a movie and hit the sack

end of day 4
I've definitely found that the evenings are the worst - actually from 4pm - 8pm. The food day dreams continue but managed to struggle through them.
No energy tonight, going to watch a movie and hit the sack

Well done Foodwithketchup! ketosis will kick in and you will be flying then xx

Sorry for not checking in in the previous days.

Just back from weigh in and got another batch of shakes.
I've lost 10lb!

What a hard week!!!

Yesterday (Sunday) was one of the hardest days. The gf was cooking a big chicken in the oven and had toast in the morning the smells were driving me round the bend. Dammit just typing that made me want it!
I'm finding it slightly easier hunger pangs come and go but mostly are non existent. I think im in Ketosis as last night in bed the gf was like wow your breath stinks - even after I'd brushed my teeth.

I knew that I had lost weight during the week - clothes are slightly looser. When I came back from working away ( during the 1st 4 days ) the gf ( when she put her arms around me ) was shocked that I'd lost weight very quickly.

I'm aware that in the first week you loose a lot more weight than you do in the other weeks. The shakes are becoming more bearable which I'm very glad of - though I've got the chicken soup to look forward to tonight.....

Now to update my tracker in my signature ( been wanting to do that all week )

Well done on your loss!! X

Week 2 day 1

Really tough day today. Left work early as I'm so hungry. Could have been because i skipped a shake last night ( was too busy all day ). Also im struggling to drink enough water atm.
Going to the cinema tonight - hopefully that will take my mind off the hunger for a few hrs

Well done for sticking at it and great loss! I've just started this week having done Cambridge 18 months ago and dropped 4.5stone and maintained. Now for another big loss. Tips from way back then are that sparkling water makes you feel fuller as its carbonated and with the shakes if your a coffee person put a spoon of coffee and a sweetner in the vanilla and choc and shake or blend , it makes it so much easier to drink! though would advise to get decaf as I hadn't at the start of the week and was bouncing off the walls as I'm a coffee drinker also.

Oh dear:

Thursday and friday last week were very hard. I managed to stay good on thursday but Friday i was bad - same as saturday. I had smoked salmon and sausages ( strange combo i know ) then on saturday i had ribs..... :'(

I don't think this affected my ketosis as today is monday and i'm not particularly hungry. This will slow my weight loss for sure but i think i'm still good. I've got my weigh in this evening so will see....

hey foodwithketchup, love the name by the way! It's really refreshing to see you on here posting every day, to be honest I think having a daily diary will benefit us all as i've just restarted my LT but my motivation is to the roof, i've just done my first week and i've never been as determined to get on with this diet as I am now (I am looking to lose about the same amount of weight as you so i'll be keeping a close watch! Keep up the good work and well done on your first weigh in!

Back