My Maintenance Diary + food pics

Well Oh My Giddy Aunt, I only flippin stayed the same! Totally got out of jail on that one and, more importantly, stayed within target zone. I intend not to leave it at all now. I am mightily relieved but feel I've got all of the bingeing out of my system now and ready to make a fresh start.

I am starting a new programme, or have started a new programme. It's an online programme by the guys who do the "Cut The Fat Podcast". They've very modestly named it "The Worlds Greatest Weight Loss System". Everything is "taught" through listening to the audio files (or "walking lessons" - ie you have to walk while you listen to them, one of the first rules) that you can collect from the website. Then all you have to do, as far as I can gather is implement the small changes they ask you to each week. Then using the CATAA formula (Committ, Assess, Tweak, Assess again) you take what is right for you and your body from each thing that they ask you to implement. You are basically asked to conduct your own weight loss study... on yourself. After all there is only one true weight loss formula... and it's different for everybody. I'm at a bit of an advantage as I'm at my target weight so I know what has and hasn't worked for me already. I'm hoping this programme is going to help with my weight maintenance, improve my body composition and help with the psychology of weight loss and the issues I feel I still have in my dysfunctional relationship with food. It will be a constantly evolving programme and I really can't wait for it to start. I'm feeling very positive and excited about it. The price is only £17.50 per month, so cheaper than Slimming World which is why I feel I can justify the cost to myself.

I am still going to Slimming World and still following a food optimising plan. I need the accountability of the scales each week as I find that definitely keeps me on track and it's good to have it as a measure of where I'm at. I will not be weighing myself in the house anymore. (I've said that before n'all). I also think Image Therapy is a great aid to the weight-loss process and it definitely always sets me up for the week. Aside from that, I have made many good friends at my group and would miss them terribly if I were to stop going. SW got me where I am today I just feel I'm in a place now where I need to delve a little further and gain a deeper understanding about all the aspects of diet, nutrition and exercise. It's something that I have a growing interest in so why not?

Anyway, enough of that...

I still don't eat before WI but had a protein shake straight after and a cup of black coffee.

I've had a big lunch consisting of: protein pancake (HExB for oats), Mixed stir fry veggies (onion, leek, pepper, carrot, mushroom, cherry tomatoes) with fajita seasoning and chilli flakes added along with some chopped seafood sticks and some small bits of fresh pineapple (to cool it down and give it a sweet element), topped with rocket. Very filling, very yum and very low cal / low carb.

Pancake, veg & seafood sticks with pineappe bits.jpg

I'll probably not have anything at dinner time as I'm going to my circuits class at 7:45 and if I eat anything, even 2-3 hours before it repeats on me throughout the class and makes me really uncomfortable. I will probably have some soup or something when I get in.

I'm off teaching for a bit now, hope the traffic's not going to be a 'mare! Cheery-bye. x

Toady has been my first day of following a paleo diet, or should I call it SW original plan?
I'm feeling very positive and focussed now, no thoughts of bingeing which is good, so funny how it comes on so strong at certain times of the month. Will try and be aware and prepared for it next month and do better than I did this month. I don't think it will be as challenging as I should've completely weaned myself of the sugar by then (barring a catastrophe).

I started the day with a bowl of mixed berries and fat free plain greek yoghurt topped with pumpkin seeds and goji berries. I followed that with a protein pancake.

11:00 Whey protein shake (didn't feel hungry but these are part of the suggested plan so I did have it)

For lunch I had a small bowl of vegetable soup followed by my take on tuna savoury: with pepper, radish, onion, cucumber and quark instead of mayo) with spinach and rocket salad. I found this very hard-going. The tuna tasted quite dry, everything took a lot of chewing and it felt like it took me an hour to eat. I was also absolutely stuffed when I'd finished it. Am going to have to look at my portion sizes if I'm to continue with the paleo as all the protein is so filling. It's all trial and error I suppose.

I had some pineapple and blueberries at about 3:00, again, still wasn't a bit hungry but they needed to be eaten or would've ended up in the bin and I hate throwing away perfectly good food!

I was due to have another whey protein shake between then and having dinner but I was still so stuffed I thought it would be silly to have it just because.

When I got in from work I did an hour exercise: step with weights at steady pace and Level 1 of the 30 day shred

For dinner I had some leftover vegetable curry which I made by chucking the following in the wok: (white onion, red & orange pepper, mushrooms, butternut squash, bok choy, leeks, passata, chilli flakes, garlic, ginger, curry powder) to which I added two chicken breasts and a "tarka" topping. To make the tarka a gently warmed spices (fennel seed, cumin seed, coriander seed and mustard seed) in the saucepan until they started to pop. I then ground the spices down in the pestle and mortar along with cardomon. I fried onion and garlic in frylight then added the spices, et viola!

Again, sooo stuffed. I think I thought that by cutting out carbs I would have to replace that with protein but I don't think a double portion of chicken was really necessary (I did eat it all though ;) )

chicken curry.jpg

Right of for a nice relaxing bath now, all this eating's bloody worn me out. :)

Just one question.If your following Paleo/Primal why are you having a Whey protein shake?:)

Maybe I'm not then, I don't know the whole "rules". I'm basically trying to stick to a diet of proteins, veg, fruit and healthy fats. No carbs except porridge oats. Drinking water, green tea and black coffee. No dairy except low fat plain greek yoghurt, cottage cheese.
Don't know if I've called it wrong there by saying paleo/primal. That is what my understanding of it was. Maybe I'm mistaken. I haven't read Primal Blueprint or a book of that sort although I am aware of it and others like it. I am following a food list suggested in the book I am reading at the moment called "The Smarter Science of Slim" by Jonathan Bailor. Why isn't whey allowed in Paleo/ Primal? Is that because it's been processed? I'm just finding my way with all this so grateful for any help and clarification. Thanks :)

So, day 2 of my new programme and so far so good.
Definitely not eaten as much today ;) but it's been a bit hectic.
Brekkie: Mixed berries, yoghurt, seeds. Then off to work for the morning.
View attachment 74347
Protein shake at 11.
Got back home and had this for lunch before heading off to the match: Protein pancake,smoked salmon, poached egg, salad.
2013-01-12 13.03.27.jpg
Upon arriving at the ground some 55 minutes before KO and having no desire to sit in the pub watching others (including my dad) having some pre-match bevvies I decided to do a few laps around the outside. I did two and a half laps of the stadium which took 35 minutes. Ten minutes each-way walk to the car and back also means I've clocked more than my minimum target of 40 minutes walking (or other light exercise) per day so I'm pleased with that. Got home then off to work for another hour and I hadn't prepared my dinner so that all had to be cooked when I got in.
Dinner: Meatloaf muffin & salad
2013-01-12 20.46.17.jpg
Absolutely wrecked now but it's been a good day. Three points for the lads and a really good performance. West Ham were absolute pants, well they had to be, they made us look good ;) How did your lot get on Jo, I have to admit to not hearing your result today. Huddersfield wasn't it? I saw you were less than unimpressed with my favourite company Sky (should I say Lie) on fb earlier, what was that about then?

Hi Andrea,

You look to be eating really well :) - I would avoid eating when your body tells you your not hungry though...but other than that - keep it up :)

Also, I am thinking of doing the shread by JM - what do you think of it? I subscribe to her podcasts and think shes great but havnt tried her vids yet!

Hi Laura, thanks for popping in :)
I'm really enjoying all of the food. Natural flavours - love it.
I would definitely recommend the shred. It is quite intense but the good thing as that none of the exercises last for long, nor do the workouts. Like anything really, the first couple times are quite strenuous but you see your fitness levels improve almost every time you do it (providing you're not doing it too often and muscles aren't too fatigued).
I didn't know she did a podcast. Is it on itunes?

Happy Sunday. Well done on the walk definitely better than sitting watching others drink! And fabulous result for your boys yesterday saw highlights on MOTD and looked like you played really well, and our boy seb on the scoresheet too :) my boys drew yesterday 1-1 they scored in the last minute and we played much better all the way through :( was peed off at sky as they announced we had won 0-2 and I got more than excited for them then to correct it and it was in fact 1-1! I was not amused lol! X

Sky = Incompotent W@nkers! They really are.
Seb's was the pick of the bunch for sure, and with his left foot!! When the ball came to him and the crowd was urging him to have a shot the lads that sit behind me were going NO! Not now! Silly arses, but I have to say I didn't think he had a shot like that on his left. I missed our other two goals as I thought the chances had gone and had my head in my hands, both times! You think I'd learn... Never mind, I enjoyed MotD. :D
At least you managed to get something back in the last minute, it's rubbish when you really deserve it but get nothing.

After 8 hours delicious sleep (and much less peeing) I got up and went for walkie with the dog for 1hr 40mins to Chester-le-Street park.
2013-01-13 09.43.54.jpg
It was really nippy out but nice and sunny.
Having worked up an appetite I had a brunch of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon with a cuppa green tea when I got back.
2013-01-13 11.54.00.jpg
After some boring Sunday stuff like food shopping my friend from SW text to see if I fancied a walk so off I went again for the second of the day, this time for 50 mins.
Dinner was chicken thighs with a rich tomato sauce and roast veg
2013-01-13 16.35.33.jpg
I probably won't have anything else for the rest of the night. It's 8 now and I'm still stuffed. Am definitely getting more used to how much food my body is needing now.
I'm planning to walk before work and through my lunch half-hour tomorrow so get my 2 20min sessions in which means I now need to go and prep my "walking lunch" for tomorrow. I've got a meatloaf muffin to take so going to cut up some carrot and cucumber sticks and take a couple bits of fruit. That should just about do it.
Then it's an early night I think... well I may have to stop up for MotD2... we'll see

Sky = Incompotent W@nkers! They really are.
Seb's was the pick of the bunch for sure, and with his left foot!! When the ball came to him and the crowd was urging him to have a shot the lads that sit behind me were going NO! Not now! Silly arses, but I have to say I didn't think he had a shot like that on his left. I missed our other two goals as I thought the chances had gone and had my head in my hands, both times! You think I'd learn... Never mind, I enjoyed MotD. :D
At least you managed to get something back in the last minute, it's rubbish when you really deserve it but get nothing.

Yep well incompetent. Oh no ye have little faith! ;)

We were winning until the 93rd minute that's who I was sooooo peed off lol! X

Hi Andrea,

Hope you had a nice weekend - looks like you did on thw front front :)

I downloaded that app - called "podcasts" - and found her on there - just type in jillian michaels and she will pop up. Its free. Its great I listen to it when im cleaning the house, something about her makes me want to be active haha.

Plus she gives great tips on eating healthy and excersize.

xx

Back