My Maintenance Diary + food pics

Yes that's good enough for me. When I got in from my ride it was just before half time and I asked the score. When I heard Vile were winning I did not cheer (couldn't help a little smile tho ;))

It's been so hot here today, I've been on a 41.5 mile bike ride in preparation for the real thing this time next week. I think I've caught the sun big-time. I have white marks on my face where my sun glasses have been and both hands are like big white paws on the end of two nice brown arms :sigh: I was so exhausted when I got back I couldn't even eat! Had to go and lie down for an hour to put myself right. Still feel knackered tho. Magic watch is reading 2612 calories burned so will keep that in mind next week when I start flagging after about 30 miles.

Food-wise I had a 3 egg, ham, mushroom, spring onion and 25g grated cheddar (1/2 HExA) omlette for breakfast, with 1.5 tbsp ketchup (1.5 syns). Quite a lot but knew I needed some sustenance for the ride. I had a banana and alpen light (3 syns) whilst I was out.
Have had same as yesterday for dinner. 3 courses actually: Soup (counted the philly light as 1/2 HExA but there wasn't that much) + Chicken kofta curry, rice & veg + fig honey pot (3 syns). Am now satisfyingly stuffed and about ready for me bed again, (but will probably stay up for MoTD2)

Total syns for the day: 7.5

Andrea81 said:
Yes that's good enough for me. When I got in from my ride it was just before half time and I asked the score. When I heard Vile were winning I did not cheer (couldn't help a little smile tho ;))

It's been so hot here today, I've been on a 41.5 mile bike ride in preparation for the real thing this time next week. I think I've caught the sun big-time. I have white marks on my face where my sun glasses have been and both hands are like big white paws on the end of two nice brown arms :sigh: I was so exhausted when I got back I couldn't even eat! Had to go and lie down for an hour to put myself right. Still feel knackered tho. Magic watch is reading 2612 calories burned so will keep that in mind next week when I start flagging after about 30 miles.

Food-wise I had a 3 egg, ham, mushroom, spring onion and 25g grated cheddar (1/2 HExA) omlette for breakfast, with 1.5 tbsp ketchup (1.5 syns). Quite a lot but knew I needed some sustenance for the ride. I had a banana and alpen light (3 syns) whilst I was out.
Have had same as yesterday for dinner. 3 courses actually: Soup (counted the philly light as 1/2 HExA but there wasn't that much) + Chicken kofta curry, rice & veg + fig honey pot (3 syns). Am now satisfyingly stuffed and about ready for me bed again, (but will probably stay up for MoTD2)

As long as it wasn't a loud cheer :)

I hope your face has settled down by tomorrow :) hehe x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on the bike ride...blimey how long did it take you? is it a bit like the marathon where you don;t run at all in the week leading up to the ride?

Your poor face - how do you look this morning?

The chicken kofta looks delicious - i would have added chillies as well - will def be trying this xxx thanks for recommendation

Well done on the bike ride...blimey how long did it take you? is it a bit like the marathon where you don;t run at all in the week leading up to the ride?

Your poor face - how do you look this morning?

The chicken kofta looks delicious - i would have added chillies as well - will def be trying this xxx thanks for recommendation

Took me 4 hours 45 mins. I won't be doing much at all this week. Promised a lady from my SW group that I'd cycle there with her on Thursday but it's only about 5 mile round trip so will be fine, then I need to cycle in to work on Friday to drop my bike off so they can take it to the start. Again, only about 7 miles so shouldn't be too knacked.

The chicken kofta was delicious. Looks like we're getting plenty of ideas from each-other. Don't know what to do for dins tonight. Might do a bit fish or something.

As long as it wasn't a loud cheer :)

I hope your face has settled down by tomorrow :) hehe x

It wasn't a cheer at all, I was very silent :) I think my face is ok, got plenty foundation on to try and even it out tho.

Only managed to grab and alpen light and banana for breakfast as was running late - couldn't get myself up this morning, was still bloomin knackered. Had another alpen light at 11:30 as I was hungry and didn't want to wait until lunch. 2xAplens = HExB. Just had a bowl of the watercress soup. It is lovely but very light and I know I'll be hungry in a bit. Have bought some turkey slices which I might have and have got fruit salad for the munchies later on.

Andrea81 said:
Am seriously doing some assignment work tonight!!!
No-more internet.
Have a good evening everyone. x

Hope it wasn't too painful and is all done now :) hope you've had a good Tuesday x

Have had no land line phone since Saturday and, as of yesterday, no internet either. Bloody sky have got to be the worst for customer service!!!!
I'm only able to grab a few minutes at work but have been on "chat" with sky all lunchtime so have no time left. I will do a nice long update when I'm back up and running :)

Still no internet at home :cry: and looks like it's going to be off until next week :mad: :mad:

I lost 1lb this week. Deserved more for my efforts I felt but it's getting to the nitty gritty now so is going to be slow.

This no internet thing's got me demented! I'll not be back on until Monday now. I've got my bike ride on Sunday. VERY excited about that now. I cycled to work this morning and will be separated from my dearest for a couple of nights :cry: (that's my bike I'm talking about) as it's gone up to the start.

Just going to take things easy for the rest of the day (have got far too much to do at work this afternoon) but after that, should be a nice chilled one until Sunday.

Wish me luck.....

Will report back with piccies etc on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone. x

Still no internet at home :cry: and looks like it's going to be off until next week :mad: :mad:

I lost 1lb this week. Deserved more for my efforts I felt but it's getting to the nitty gritty now so is going to be slow.

This no internet thing's got me demented! I'll not be back on until Monday now. I've got my bike ride on Sunday. VERY excited about that now. I cycled to work this morning and will be separated from my dearest for a couple of nights :cry: (that's my bike I'm talking about) as it's gone up to the start.

Just going to take things easy for the rest of the day (have got far too much to do at work this afternoon) but after that, should be a nice chilled one until Sunday.

Wish me luck.....

Will report back with piccies etc on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone. x

For a skinny minnie like you a 1lb is a massive loss!!!

BIG HUG AND KISS FOR SUNDAY ... enjoy! Pace yourself well, take lots of water and wear suntan lotion!!!

Hurry up and get sky, missing you loads xxx

hey late joiner to ur posts (its taken me most of the summer to get the get up n go to do this ) not aiming to vanish slow n steady wins the race!! but def have nice markers along the road ! wedding of the year n oct (6 weeks from today) then christmas then another wedding (15th feb) then family one n july 2013 so aiming long term but little mile stones wud be nice ! 12lbs for 1st event !! all ideas r hints greatly accepted !! do shift work so some days r gr8 n some r just horrendous !!

Hi Dizzy, thanks for popping in. My posts are a bit here and there atm with no internet at home still but please keep popping back.

The best hint /tip I could give you is to try and go for it 100% and give it your all (by that I don't mean you can't have a spurge etc, but if you do don't let it take hold and convince you that everything is lost. It isn't. It may only be one meal out 21 in a week and percentage-wise that's nothing (it would mean being 95% on-plan)and it won't affect you if you get straight back on to plan).
I find that you get out what you put in. Slimming World has really worked for me because I love the all-encompassing approach. It's not just a food plan. Staying to group really helps me. If I have a bad week it usually turns me around and I leave feeling positive again, whereas if I just left I'd probably sulk about it and eat! Keep a food diary (start one on here and I'll pop by to give my support) and fill in your fit log.
You can lose weight just doing the Slimming World food optimising but if you include body magic as well it will turbo-charge your weight loss without a doubt!
As Nike say:
Just do it!

xx

Back