My Maintenance Diary + food pics

Enjoying a couple of well-earned pints and some barbecue (who cares about syns?)
SAM_0301.jpg SAM_0302.jpg

Still got no pi$$ing sky! Sky are blaming BT but doing absolutely nothing to help matters. Refusing to divert calls to mobiles or provide a dongle for internet access. Absolute flippin' joke! They will be ringing on Friday to "update" which means it ain't going to be back on in the meantime. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Also refusing to compensate us for use of mobiles. My mother has spent over £20 in a week on calls. Word of advice... don't go with sky or if you are already with them get rid. They're happy to take your money every month but when something goes wrong they don't want to know!

My bad week has continued somewhat. I eventually got my assignment submitted only to find out (yesterday) that there was a computer-marked assignment due in at midnight last night. I knew it would take a couple of hours in the evening but thought it wouldn't be a problem. WRONG! How do I go about doing an online assignment without the internet? No-one available outside of office hours to answer a query and tutor wasn't responding to phone calls / texts. Ended up having to go round my auntie's house and do it. All of that's been stressing me out. Have been eating well in the morning / lunchtime then blowing it by eating $hit in the evening. I may have ridden 47 miles on Sunday but am definitely looking at a gain tomorrow. Not being able to get on here is not helping matters either.

Fed up!

:(

2012-10-04 13.59.56.jpg

Sponsor money from bike ride taken to the hospice today.
Thanks to anyone who supported me.
My individual total was £492.50 along with what my mam raised from her zip wire we delivered a cheque for £933.50 to the hospice today. Really chuffed with that. :)

Hi Jo, thanks for popping in.

As you can see I've not updated my diary in a while. I've had a hectic couple of months with the end of my course and cramming for exam. Now that's over with I have more time...... but still no internet at home!!! With no end to the problem in-sight.
I have got a mobile wireless broadband thing but it's really unreliable and the signal keeps cutting out all of the time.

Anyway.... weight loss is still going slow and steady. Have had a few ups and downs with the weight loss in the last couple of months but overall it's going in the right direction and I'm now only 4.5lbs away from target.

My losses since I last updated are as follows:
13/09: STS
20/09: -1.5 (SotW)
27/09: -0.5
04/10: +2.5 (was very peed off as undeserved and inexplainable)
11/10: -5.5 (made the 2.5 gain worth it!!!)
18/10: -1.5
25/10: STS (after a very bad week so delighted :D)

I am absolutely going for it this week. I'd love to get to target next week. A 4.5 loss at this stage is quite a challenge but one I'm up for. I'll give it my best shot.

Food yesterday as follows:

Brunch:
35g porridge oats - healthy B
with
100ml alpro light - 1 syn
10g sultanas - 1.5 syns

Dinner:
Chicken breast stuffed with l/f soft cheese - healthy A, leeks, shallots, red onion, pepper & chilli wrapped in bacon (visible fat removed)
with roast veg and potato wedges.

I also made my first attempt at making slimming world quiche

66547_10151071305105672_2071989589_n.jpg

Had to make it with cottage cheese as STUPID ASDA didn't have any Quark (they've taken it off their shelves apparently, I complained and loads of people from my group have done / are going to as well) and STUPID Sainsbury's decided to have a power cut and close all their chillers and throw away perfectly good food! Tastes fine though so no harm done :)

I put 25g of low fat cheddar on top. Per slice it's less than 1/2 a syn but am counting it as such just to be on the safe side :)

Small slice of quiche - 1/2 a syn

I also made the bacon and egg muffins from the jubilee magazine. Had one of those too (had to have a taste) and apart from them sticking to the paper case were also really nice and I now have a breakfast alternative for a few days or if I'm in a hurry.

1 bacon & egg muffin - 3 syns

Total syns: 6

Have just sat and read through your diary, thanks for your lovely post in Chelle's diary :) You've done an amazing job, and all that bike riding, wow! :)

I'm beginning to get this whole SW thing now, can't believe how unbelievably full I feel on a 'diet' of all things :) Still checking my book etc like a mad woman to make sure I'm not getting things wrong, but feel the brain mentality changing.

Anyway, I don't want to ramble too much on your diary, so I will stop for now lol.. Hope your day is a good one :) It's freezing down here in Kent, winter's definitely on its way!

:) xx

Oh yeah, we've had the frost and snow here this morning :( Very Brrrrrrrr.

Thanks for popping in. I meant to post again yesterday evening but seemed to run out of time somehow. I don't know where the hours go.

I still check my book like a mad woman (or perhaps very sane woman I don't know) and I'm seven months in. You're right about feeling full as well. I still can't get over how much you can eat and still lose weight. I can't comprehend it really but it has worked so I'm not going to argue, lol.

You've hit the nail on the head though. Once the brain mentality changes for good then you've cracked it.
That doesn't mean to say you can't have times off-plan, but in-fact, once your mentality has changed you'll find you may well want to get back to it more readily than you thought.

Hope you're having a great weekend. x

OH MY GIDDY AUNT!!!!

I got to my target weight today!!!
(Actually a pound under).

After a 1lb gain last week which was totally deserved I needed 3lbs to get to target this week. I have worked my ass off to get here, this week especially. It's not been easy but by god it's been bloody worth it!!

I also won Miss Sl
inky for my group.:eek:

BEST DAY EVER!​ (Or close to it)

Hi hun. Sorry ive abandoned u all life has been so chaotic last few months and dieting has been last thing on my mind. Didnt come to bore u about all that tho just wanted to say merry xmas hope santa brings u all what u want and happy new year :) Will be back in the new year ready and wearing to go xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Ok, so 2013 is here and I'm really struggling.
After getting to target I put on 4.5lbs the following week and was straight out of it, needing to lose 1/2 a pound to get back into my "target zone".
It took another four weeks but I did get back down and back below my target before Christmas.
I felt I'd earned the right to enjoy myself so did nothing but eat and drink for two solid weeks with no feelings of guilt.
I went on holiday to Poland for a few days in-between Christmas and New Year and they don't do small portions.... and the beer's really cheap.
Anyway, I went back to SW on Thursday, and had put on 4.5lbs. Happy with that and right at the top of target zone so still "in it".
Since then however, I have really struggled to get back on plan. I seem to do well during the day but at night I'm craving sweet stuff. I think because I've "exposed" myself, so-to-speak to all of this high-sugar food it's taking a while to get rid of the cravings. I know that if I can manage a few days the cravings will go but I'm giving in to them at the moment.

Been ok today, not 100% but, even though I've had a couple of bakewell tarts (the small ones) I'm hoping that will be within sysns and I'll see it out for the rest of the day.
Have got my dinner in the oven, thai salmon & vegetables and have made stuffed pepper to go with... Will have to start taking the food pics again.

Righty-o, hope all is well with everyone... x

Dinner tonight:

Salmon and crunchy veg with ginger, chilli and lime and a roasted and stuffed romano pepper (recipe taken from Jan/Feb SW magazine, p63)
Salmon veg stuffed pepper.jpg

From the other night: Mediterranean tray bake from "Comfort food that slims" booklet that was free with magazine. Found the timings were a bit out. The potatoes needed much longer than the 15-20mins suggested. It may be useful to par-boil them first? Very tasty and comforting :)

mediterranean tray bake.jpg

Craving, craving, craving something sweet. I may have 1 Thornton's out of the box I got for Christmas. Only had 1 so far. Will probably take me over syns for today but I'm not really counting. Hey-ho, the rest of the day's been good and definitely better than the last three days.

Ok, so 2013 is here and I'm really struggling.
After getting to target I put on 4.5lbs the following week and was straight out of it, needing to lose 1/2 a pound to get back into my "target zone".
It took another four weeks but I did get back down and back below my target before Christmas.
I felt I'd earned the right to enjoy myself so did nothing but eat and drink for two solid weeks with no feelings of guilt.
I went on holiday to Poland for a few days in-between Christmas and New Year and they don't do small portions.... and the beer's really cheap.
Anyway, I went back to SW on Thursday, and had put on 4.5lbs. Happy with that and right at the top of target zone so still "in it".
Since then however, I have really struggled to get back on plan. I seem to do well during the day but at night I'm craving sweet stuff. I think because I've "exposed" myself, so-to-speak to all of this high-sugar food it's taking a while to get rid of the cravings. I know that if I can manage a few days the cravings will go but I'm giving in to them at the moment.

Been ok today, not 100% but, even though I've had a couple of bakewell tarts (the small ones) I'm hoping that will be within sysns and I'll see it out for the rest of the day.
Have got my dinner in the oven, thai salmon & vegetables and have made stuffed pepper to go with... Will have to start taking the food pics again.

Righty-o, hope all is well with everyone... x

Yay glad to see you back Hun. Saw your fb pics from hols and looked like u had a fab time. Just keep at beating them cravings sounds like your doing ok with them so far and as u quite rightly said before long they will be gone again. Dinner sounds yum btw xx

Ah thanks Jo, it was. Still hungry like :rolleyes: I have a "hidden" bar of co-op crispy milk chocolate (like that bint in the Galaxy advert, want to punch her lights out I do) but unlike her I will not just be having one square and will probably eat the whole lot. I wan't it gone before tomorrow - starting for real on Monday, that old chestnut... not going to fret about it, just going to eat and enjoy :D

Getting beyond a joke now.... So much for maintaining. I got on the scales this morning and am 4lbs up from last Thursday when I got weighed at SW, with only 2 days to sort it!. I did loads of exercise yesterday (circuits class, and 2 dance classes) and I do think I'm having bowel issues and water retention but they are just excuses plain and simple. I think I'm kidding myself that doing exercise means I can eat my body weight in chocolate and cake. Need help to get this little slump sorted as I don't see how it's going to end. (I know maybe not buying the crap in the first place might do it, need a right kick up the arse!)
:(

Did somebody say the needed a kick up the ass lol... im Here to give u a mahoosive kick up the bum!

Come on you can do this, go back to basics read back through your diary on here and any food diaries you have. U know u can do it after your amazing loss so far you don't need any more proof. Take every day if not hour at a time and think about what your doing consciously that's when you make better decisions and if it doesn't go to plan start again that very minute!

Come on lady pull that finger out xx

Thanks Jo, so far so good today. It's a bit damage limitations I think but trying desperately to pull some of it back before WI tomorrow.

It was definitely partly water retention tho. After going to the loo only twice on Monday despite drinking gallons of water, green tea and coffee I was never off the thing yesterday and was up four times during the night. All good, as I was down 2lbs this morning, (going to stop weighing mysself after tomorrow's WI too) which is a decent improvement on 4lbs, I won't be to disappointed with that if that's what the scales give me tomorrow....it's what I deserve.

Had a pancake made with oatmeal (HExB) and cottage cheese/egg for brekkie.
Had super speed soup, fruit and muller light for lunch. Actually haven't finished all the fruit yet. Have kept some to munch on for the afternoon (as this seems to be the time when I start getting the munchies).

Thanks for the kick up the arse, gratefully received. My bingeing has gone on long enough now. Yesterday was slightly better but still not good enough.

Going to glug some of my green tea in the hope that gets things moving n'all :)

2013-01-09 12.00.29.jpg

Back