My Maintenance Diary + food pics

Quick update for yesterday. Didn't really have loads of time to write (although I did read some of my subscribed threads) as I had to teach after work, then come in and make dinner then make food to take for the taster today, then watch the football, by which time it was 10 o'clock and I was ready to turn in being that I'd woken at 6 and wasn't able to get back to sleep.
For brekkie I had my usual Hot water & lemon, Fruit 'n'fibre w/linseeds and grape-nuts.
Throughout morning at work had 3 mugs of squash.
Lunch was 4 scan bran w/ quark and ham, and fruit salad (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, kiwi)
2 x green tea & lemon
Dinner Mackrel "kebab" and veg frittata.
Green tea & strawberry

HEX A :checkmark:
HEX B :checkmark:
Green Tea :checkmark:
Total Syns: 3
(Doing red day so had to syn the macaroni in the frittata)

I still have frittata left from the one I made on Saturday but decided to make another one for the taster session. Have come back from group with some as it wasn't all eaten so now have the stuff coming out of my bliddy ears! Anyhoo, I'm getting ahead of myself now...

Today - EE day
Got up nice and early (for a Thursday) and went for a 1hr 25min bike ride in the drizzly rain. Got absolutely soaked but managed to thaw out with a red hot bath when I got back. The reason I decided to do the bike ride this morning is that I normally walk to group but as I was taking a tupperware full of food that I didn't want to joggle about thought I'd drive. I did have a "proper" breakfast (a change from the usual WI day banana) of beans (half a can) on toast (2 slices of nimble w/meal - HExB).

So, on to WI. Very strange group it was today. One lady "kicked off" at the consultant when she had simply (and politely) asked if she was staying to group. She went off on one at the consultant saying (aggressively) that group makes her feel uncomfortable and everyone sits in cliques! (Not at all true, I started on my own and have been made to feel very welcome). I'm fond of my consultant, think she does a great job, and this wife's attitude was completely uncalled for, and the way she spoke to her was beyond out of order. The rudeness of some people still amazes and shocks me at times (and this is coming from someone who has worked in some of the sh*ttest schools in Sunderland, where rudeness and bad manners go with the territory).

Our consultant asked everyone at the beginning of group who was happy, not just with their loss this week but at where they are "in their journey". I was amazed that I was the only person to raise my hand. Seems everyone (apart from new starters from last week and two other "regulars") had STS or gained. Everyone was so down, blaming the weather etc. It was really unusual because it's normally a right laugh.

I don't get though. Maybe, I'm being naive or unthoughtful but surely, everyone who goes to SW and stays to group goes because they want to lose weight, yes? Surely, everyone of those people at my group have been thrilled when they've had a deserved loss / SoTW/M / reached a goal? Surely, those that have tried incorporating a little Body Magic in to their routine have seen the benefits this can bring, not just on the scales but off them too? Why do I think this? Oh, I know... BECAUSE THE PLAN WORKS!! IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE! (Well maybe it is quite complicated really but that is why we pay our money for someone to explain it all to us in layman's terms). Surely, they've also (as I have) felt really crap if they've gone off-plan and this has been to the detriment of their weight loss? Surely, they were at a really low ebb when something "snapped" and they decided they wanted to make a change for the good of their health, happiness and for those closest to them? Surely, they don't want to go back to being that person, (I know I certainly don't)? So why all the negativity today? And why the excuses?!! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the time will come when I have a gain or a bad week but I hope that will be because I've had a celebration or a holiday, one thing's for certain though, I won't use these things as an "excuse". To blame the weather when you live in bloody Blighty is just ludicrous! Sod the weather, just get out and do it! One thing in life you ain't ever going to be able to change is the bloody weather so don't let it dictate your life! FFS I felt embarrassed at being asked about what I love about the plan and why it's working for me, like I was the only one out of the class that had bothered to do my homework! I want to be able to celebrate my successes not feel like the odd one out when I've been doing what I was supposed to do! *End*

Sorry 'bout that. (Hope I've not offended anyone).

Oh I lost 2lbs and got SoTW (by default it seems).
Contrary to a popular thread on this forum my "winnings" look quite nice, fresh and firm. And I'm very happy I have them. :D
SoTW basket.jpg

Just to give my fellow members a bit of kudos, we did have a great spread. The nicest thing I tried were some Egg and Bacon muffins (3 syns each, I had 2)
egg and bacon muffins recipe.jpg
Also had:
Potato skins w/ dip (free)
SW Quiche
A different SW Quiche (One of which definitely had cheese in it (HExA)
Ham salad wrap (wrap made wih egg white pancake) (free)
Cheesecake (Guessing 2 syns as I just had a slither and the only syns were in the base and the shavings of chocolate on the top)

I've made a lovely dinner again tonight. Definitely the nicest dinner I've had on SW (and it was all Vegan, thanks for V*4*L for the recipe ;))

African Sweet Potato Stew.
Syns per serving - (EE or Green) 6

Ingredients (I added a few extra to what was on the recipe)
Serves 6
Frylight
Spices (I used 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder, 1/2 tsp, cayenne pepper, tsp smoked paprika, tsp cumin, tsp ground coriander, tsp tumeric)
2 onions (finely diced)
2 carrots (diced)
garlic
ginger
2 sweet potatoes (I sprayed with frylight and baked in the oven for about 20 mins so I could leave the skins on having gone nice and crispy)
1/2 a Butternut Squash (diced into cubes and roasted for about 10-15 mins)
1/2 a leek
3 chillis (with seeds)
400 ml veg stock (made with veg oxo cubes)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can butter beans
24 tbsp light coconut milk (Just less that 1/2 a can) 12 syns / 2 per serving
3 level tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (4 syns per tbsp, 12 syns / 2 per serving)
30 dry roasted peanuts (12 syns / 2 per serving)
chopped fresh coriander
salt & pepper

[h=2]Method:[/h]

1. 1 Spray pot/pan with frylight and add a little stock. Add spices and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add onions and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute. Add leeks and chillis then stir stock and tomatoes, and bring soup to a boil. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.

2. 2 Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, add peanuts, peanut butter, and coconut milk to the soup, stirring to combine. Add the butter beans and bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add BNS and Sweet potato, warm through then add fresh chopped coriander and serve immediately.

I served mine with a bowl (100g) of crispy roasted Kale, the first time I've tried it and it was really as good as they* say it is. :D
    African Sweet Potato Stew & Kale.jpg

Even better thing it, I have 5 more portions to scoff :D :D

Total Syns: 14

* V*4*L and Ermintrude

Whoooop! Think I prefer your version. Great ''synnage'' too! I see we have another Kale Addict....dern dern dern.......bhahaahhhaah! Flipping brilliant, I LOVE to spead the K.A.L.E LOVE! :heartpump: Did you make it crispy or just wilted? Frylight or HEX-B?
Hmmm blaming the weather for not losing weight is a first for me...it makes you feel crappy if it's raining but as it rains for the vast majority of the year here I can't say we aren't used to it..... ;) even so we are responsible for what we put in our mouths and how much we choose to move our butts (or not as the case may be). You are doing *really* well hon so don't let them bring your mojo down. Enjoy your kale and stew. x

Addict may be stretching it a bit but I'm definitely feeling the :heartpump: for the kale. I used fry light and sea salt. I sprayed some more frylight on after about 15 mins then popped it back in the oven for another 5-10 mins and (most of it) turned lovely and crispy. The wilted bits were lovely too.
So funny that what you said about the weather. I was telling my colleague about about the general air of depression at group yesterday and the first thing she said was "Oh, it must have been because of the weather!!" (Without any prompting or detail about why they were miserable from me). FFS, what is it with people? They're obsessed! My boss as well. He goes out to get his lunch (5 mins walk away) and every day when he gets back I get a full detailed report on the weather, temperature, wind speeds and level of rainfall!! Guess what Mr. Boss-man? I DON'T CARE! It's the weather! Please get a life and find something interesting to talk about. Speaking of which, he'll be back in a minute to bore me to tears so better hurry up and stop typing :)

P.S. Just had a portion of stew for lunch, even more yummy as all the spices had permeated (is that the right word?) the rest of the beans / veg. YUMMYLICIOUS!

Rushed back from work and rode to the Leisure Centre to have a game of squash. Ooh, I bliddy love squash. I went with my colleague and we had such fun nominating people who were "the ball" and then bashing all hell out of it!!! Such a great way of getting rid of aggression. Cycled back (got soaked both ways but I am embracing the spring rains as they really do get a bad press). They're not all that bad really, in-fact, quite refreshing when your face is red as a beetroot (what's that you say? A beetroot isn't red! Don't bliddy split hairs!!) from playing squash. Right, am going to stop going on about the weather as I realise I may just be turning into a (more positive) version of my boss.

Have made some "Oriental soup" for dinner. This was using a combination of two recipes from the Little Book of Soups book, (the Chinese tofu one and the Asian prawn and vegetable). Mmmmmmm, flippin' lush!

Ingredients:
3 small stalks of lemon grass - bashed up but still in one piece
root ginger - cut into very thin matchsticks
Garlic - cut into very thin matchsticks
Galingale - cut into very thin matchsticks
800ml Vegetable stock
1 carrot - cut into very thin matchsticks
5/6 baby sweetcorn - quartered
2 spring onions - chopped
2 bird eye chillis (with seeds) - chopped
1 red chilli (with seeds) - chopped
4 shiitake mushrooms - finely sliced
Generous handful of Curly Kale (used this as the supermarket didn't have any pak choi)
approx. 150g of tofu, drained and cubed
light soy sauce
nam pla (thai fish sauce)
lime juice
black pepper
pinch of sugar
fresh coriander - chopped

Method:
1 Spray lge saucepan with frylight. Add a little stock to stop ingredients sticking and lemon grass, ginger, galingale & garlic, cook for 1-2 mins
2 Add stock, carrot and baby sweetcorn, gently simmer for 6-8 mins
3 Add remaining ingredients apart from lime juice and coriander, simmer gently for 3-4 mins
4 Turn off the heat and add lime juice. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.

Oriental tofu and vegetable soup.jpg

:drool:

I feel really full as well!! May have a muller light yog later on if I feel hungry.

:secret:I am also seriously considering not eating meat anymore... :eek:. Don't think I could or would want to give up fish and I did do this (giving up meat / poultry) about ten years ago. Don't know what really made me start eating meat again but, as I say, I am going to seriously consider it. It seems there are so many really nice alternatives on the market as well and sometimes I prefer these. Will sleep on it. (Not promising)

Right, I need to get off here pronto as I've got my first tutorial for my OU course tomorrow and need to be in Newcastle by 9:30. I'm so behind on the work already as every time I sit down to do any Minimins keeps calling to me!!! :8855: So I'm off to do some last-minute cramming in the hope that I don't embarrass myself too much tomorrow!!! :fingerscrossed:

:wavey:

Bike ride.6.3.jpg

Please enlarge image above to read more about my new and biggest challenge yet :eek:
If you would be interested in sponsoring me please send a PM and I will add you to the sponsorship form.

Any amount of sponsorship will be very gratefully received.

I will provide photographic evidence as confirmation of any sponsorship and payment when made, if you decide to pay me directly (this will ensure that the charity receives the full amount, without having to pay a website fee).

Obviously, I may have to protect people's personal details so it is my intention to only show people's initials and the general area in which they live on the sponsor form as I wouldn't want to show full names and / or addresses, along with the amount pledged therefore people needn't worry about the amount they've sponsored being available for all to see as I know some people prefer to keep their amounts anonymous.

For anyone who would like the security of a trusted website I will be setting up a page on Just Giving (will add a link once set up). However, you should be aware that Just Giving charge a 5% fee (they take this from the donation it is not extra). For example, if you were to sponsor £1 then the charity would receive 95p.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, it really means a lot to me.
x

Edit 17/05: You can now donate safely and securely through Just Giving using the following link:
www.justgiving.com/Andrea-Cowie

Attachments

• Bike ride.3.jpg
    Bike ride.3.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Just checking in hope you are doing OK as I see you haven't posted, but I am hoping that's just due to being super busy as always. HUGS
PS I commented on my thread about sponsorship but will repeat it here I shall chip in at the end of the month (hope that's OK?) super nurses, I am very sorry for your loss. xox

Last edited:
That is absolutely fine. Thank you very much :D
Will update a bit later as am snatching a couple of mins at work whilst boss is out the room. xx

3lb loss for me this week and I'm delighted. :D

Am out for a meal with work tonight so am just going to enjoy it (all three courses of it) and be completely on plan the rest of the week. Have walked to group and back amassing a total of 564 calories burned in the process so hopefully that'll cover whatever syns I have this evening :) If not, I'm planning on cycling down to Roker and back at least once this weekend so that should definitely do it.

Have only had breakfast so far today (Fruit 'n' Fibre, Linseeds, Grape-nuts, skim milk, banana) and might just have some superspeed soup if I'm a bit hungry later so I can put all my calories in one basket tonight when I'm out. Not having a drinkie though. Can't be too naughty on a school night ;)

I've had a week without eating meat or poultry and have actually found it very enjoyable. I did have a prawn stir-fry last night for dinner and salmon w/salad on Tues.

One of my concoctions this week was spiced lentil and tofu stir-fry. Didn't take much making at all as I used a tin of lentils rather that the dried ones. Stir Fried the veggies in the wok then bunged everything together and down the hatch. Syn-free and delish (a combination I'm rather fond of).
spiced lentil and tofu stir-fry.jpg

I've been rather lax at taking my piccies this week - been a bit of a busy one, but will definitely get back to it this week. I was having a peruse of the group copy of 50 free green recipes so have a few new recipes to try:

Middle-Eastern Lentil Broth
Roasted vegetable cous cous salad
Middle Eastern Casserole
Curried Lentil Burgers
Moussaka

Will let you know how I get on...

Deary me, I have been lax with this diary this week. I've not been staying away on-purpose, just had mega-amounts of other stuff on.

Works meal was really nice on Thursday although within about ten minutes of finishing the final course I started feeling quite unwell and ended up with an upset stomach. I think it was was probably a combination of a) the amount of food, b) the amount of fat (oil etc) that I'm no-longer used to and c) that I ate chicken after having no meat or poultry for over a week that caused it.

I had a Jasmine tea for afters, something I've not tried before (the three courses were starter, soup and main). It was really nice. I even went out of my way to go to the nearest oriental food store to get some but they didn't have any :mad:, I bet I'll get it in ASDA.

I only had a banana for breakfast on Fri as I still felt a bit squiffy (and full). Superspeed soup and fruit salad (pear, strawberries, pineapple) for lunch. I then had a bowl of fruit 'n' fibre w/skimmed milk (HEx A & B) when I got in from work and went out for a cycle for a couple of hours or so. Didn't make dinner until 9:30. Just rustled up some roast veg (BNS, pepper, courgette, mushroom, chilli, sweetcorn) and has that with chicken and mushroom pasta 'n' sauce (made on the hob as it boils up all over the place in the microwave).

pasta 'n' sauce w roast veg.jpg

Banana again for breakfast yesterday, was late and rushing to get to work.
Have purchased some Twinings green tea selection, I think the flavous are: w/ cranberry; w/ apple and pear; w/Orange and Lotus Flower, w/ Pineapple and Grapefruit, w/Citrus. They're all very nice but don't need to be brewed for long otherwise they become a bit pungent.

Another 2.5 hour bike ride yesterday afternoon :D although I have woken up this morning with a bit of a swollen knee. :(

Dinner was left-over quorn chilli and rice and I decided to make some spicy wedges to go with it as I was ravenous having only had banana and cereal all day and burned 1459 cals on bike ride. Probably not had enough superfree but I don't know whether it still has to be 1/3rd if you're doing a green day (which I was), can anyone enlighten me? V4L?

quorn chilli half-rice, half-chips.jpg

*Glazing over warning!***What a match last night!!! Was so delighted for Chelsea and my Chelsea-fan friends who were at the match. Just knew they were going to win it after Cech saved that penalty. :D :D

Have just been for another 2.5 hour ride this morning. Slapped a support bandage on me knee and took some Ibuprofen and it doesn't seem to be any worse. I cycled from Washington to Sunderland and back, along both banks of the River Wear, crossing at Cox Green and then the Queen Alexandra bridge. Freaking chain came off twice!! Really peeing me off. But it was such glorious weather to cycle in. Lovely and sunny but not too hot.

Righty-o am going to go and have some nice fruit salad and sit in the garden with my book.
Think I'm having prawn/veg stir-fry and spicy wedges for dinner. :drool: :eat:

Dinner:
king prawn & veg stir fry.jpg

Pud:
Fruit Salad.jpg
(Orange, Mango, Pear, Pineapple, Kiwi, Blueberries)

Last edited:
CONGRATS ON THE LOSS! That's a really good loss, you deserve it will all the exercise you are doing.
Sorry I can't help with the amounts of superfree, not sure if it's applicable on green days the same as the other plans - extra easy and success express? Most of my meals are vegetable dominated by default anyway. Some days I could just eat a plate of roasted veg as my meal but am trying to make 'proper' meals to get cals in for my exercising and to do the plan correctly. I could live on soup, smoothies and fruit.....but love how when I am hungry slimming world allows you to eat good portions of carbs. Be careful with you knee hon. Maybe a couple days rest? You don't want to injure yourself by pushing it. I have irritated my Achilles - won't post here again as written on my diary and the group wall so am off my shred dvd. :(
My nana lived in Sunderland for a time before she came to live with us when she got Alzheimers but she has passed now, I miss her terribly. I have some other relatives up there whom I don't see now. My aunt, uncle and cousin live in a house on the A690 it's called ''Over the Hill House'' not sure why as there is no hill....lol. It's at Houghton Le Spring. Do you know it - HLS?
Nana and grandad used to live a bit further away but can't remember whereabouts exactly. It will come to me.... My other cousin and her family live in North Shields in a lovely old house right up my street so quirky. Not supposed to be nice in North Shields but I love it there, where they are. Probably just my aunt and uncle being snobbish. :( They are just 5 minutes from a train station where they have the most awesome vintage/collectable market on a weekend not sure if they still do as I haven't been in years. The local town is so quaint too. I really like it there. Durham is lovely too. We used to go to Chester-le-Street and Washington. Are you in Washington? Hmmm brings back some memories, some good, some bad and sad. :(
Hope the course is going well and take it easy on that knee......remember your streeeeeeetching! You don't want to be out of action for your bike marathon! :D

Hi Andrea
Just spoken to hubbie about your chain as he is a mountain biker. He said it could be one of a few things, if it's an older bike the chain may have stretched in which case it needs to be replaced. As a quick fix you could try tightening up the derailleur (gear) cable and adjusting the gears. It could just be that the cable has stretched and not the chain. Worse case is you would need to change the sprockets and chain. If you are a novice he recommends taking it to a reputable bike shop. He could talk you through it but you would have to buy the tools. You shouldn't pay more than about £30/£35 for a new chain and sprockets including labour. Hope this helps x

CONGRATS ON THE LOSS! That's a really good loss, you deserve it will all the exercise you are doing.
Sorry I can't help with the amounts of superfree, not sure if it's applicable on green days the same as the other plans - extra easy and success express? Most of my meals are vegetable dominated by default anyway. Some days I could just eat a plate of roasted veg as my meal but am trying to make 'proper' meals to get cals in for my exercising and to do the plan correctly. I could live on soup, smoothies and fruit.....but love how when I am hungry slimming world allows you to eat good portions of carbs. Be careful with you knee hon. Maybe a couple days rest? You don't want to injure yourself by pushing it. I have irritated my Achilles - won't post here again as written on my diary and the group wall so am off my shred dvd. :(
My nana lived in Sunderland for a time before she came to live with us when she got Alzheimers but she has passed now, I miss her terribly. I have some other relatives up there whom I don't see now. My aunt, uncle and cousin live in a house on the A690 it's called ''Over the Hill House'' not sure why as there is no hill....lol. It's at Houghton Le Spring. Do you know it - HLS?
Nana and grandad used to live a bit further away but can't remember whereabouts exactly. It will come to me.... My other cousin and her family live in North Shields in a lovely old house right up my street so quirky. Not supposed to be nice in North Shields but I love it there, where they are. Probably just my aunt and uncle being snobbish. :( They are just 5 minutes from a train station where they have the most awesome vintage/collectable market on a weekend not sure if they still do as I haven't been in years. The local town is so quaint too. I really like it there. Durham is lovely too. We used to go to Chester-le-Street and Washington. Are you in Washington? Hmmm brings back some memories, some good, some bad and sad. :(
Hope the course is going well and take it easy on that knee......remember your streeeeeeetching! You don't want to be out of action for your bike marathon! :D

Oh no, that's such a shame about your achillies. Hopefully you're feeling bit better now and it's not as bad as worse-case-scenario :fingerscrossed: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: You have been doing so well, as you say. Can't believe how well you've done with the shred considering how you felt after day 1. Maybe your body's just giving you a bit of a warning. Rest-up and hopefully you'll be raring to go again in a few days. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
My knee is a little tender but no-where near as bad as what you're going through. I'll not be doing any cycling now until Weds. I have got my dance class tomorrow night (funnily enough, in Houghton le Spring :D, on the main street next to the library) but will just take it easy with any jumping / bending or general strenuous-ness. Don't really want to miss it as it's always a good laugh but if I'm any worse tomorrow I may have to have a rethink. :fingerscrossed:

Yes, I live in Washington (Harraton Village), I should probably put that on my "stats" bit as opposed to Sunderland but wasn't sure if people would know of it. My nanna has been diagnosed with alzheimers / dementia for a couple of years now. She still lives independently (in sheltered housing) but I really don't know how much longer she'll be able to stay there for. She has good days and bad days. It's my mother I feel sorry for too as she is her principle carer but she is so exhausted and her brother and sister just don't pull their weight at all. Her sister lives in Essex, so there isn't much she can do from there but when she does come up she trails my nanna around the town and the Metro Centre (she really comes up here for the shopping not to "give my mam a break" as she puts-it), and doesn't do anything to help really. Her brother is even worse, and he only lives 5 mins down the road from her! He used to take her away on holiday with his wife and her mother but that's all stopped as he "just can't face it now"!! (Selfish pr*ck) It was her birthday a couple of weeks ago, she is 89, and he took her round a bunch of flowers (the day after her birthday) then invited her up for "slap up dinner" (actually, sandwiches and cake) the following weekend. My mam kept asking my nanna what he'd bought her, but she couldn't remember. When she asked him he said "Well I didn't bother because, well, what's the point?" !!!! Ggrrrrrrrrrrr, he makes me so :mad::mad::mad::mad:. So sorry to go on. Just needed a bit of a :rant2: I mean she's more than capable of going somewhere and having a great time in the moment. My mam took her out for lunch then to the theatre for her birthday. She had an absolute whale of a time and could even remember the songs and everything for days afterwards. So what if she's forgotten it next week? She had a nice time and that's what counts.

North shields, I don't know so well. Not very good with anything that involves going through the tunnel. I have been to wet 'n' wild up there a few times :D but that's about it. I suppose it's a bit like anywhere really. There are nice and some not-so-nice parts. I agree, Durham is lovely. So really nice restaurants and bars. It's probably my favourite choice for a night out over Sunderland and Newcastle. Chester le Street was the haunt of my youth, have had some good nights out in Chester'. A lot of my family live there, it's where my cousin Deborah lived.

If you're ever up here in-future you must give me a shout :D

Hi Andrea
Just spoken to hubbie about your chain as he is a mountain biker. He said it could be one of a few things, if it's an older bike the chain may have stretched in which case it needs to be replaced. As a quick fix you could try tightening up the derailleur (gear) cable and adjusting the gears. It could just be that the cable has stretched and not the chain. Worse case is you would need to change the sprockets and chain. If you are a novice he recommends taking it to a reputable bike shop. He could talk you through it but you would have to buy the tools. You shouldn't pay more than about £30/£35 for a new chain and sprockets including labour. Hope this helps x

Ah, thank your hubby from me, he is very kind. The bike is pretty new, only bought it about a month ago. It's not top of the range or anything (it came flatpacked :rolleyes:). The problem probably is that I assembled it myself! It's probably an accident waiting to happen. There's a cycle shop in Chester le Street I going to take it to as I've been advised to get the mountain bike tyres off and replace them with semi-slicks. Hopefully they'll be able to give it a full service and give me some tips on bike care. It always seems to be coming off as I'm going from the second pedal gear to the first, as I'm going up-hill. I'm a complete cycling novice if I'm honest so probably am doing something fundamentally wrong.

Hope you've had a great weekend (despite the injury). Sorry for this :blahblah: reply :rolleyes: xx

Feeling very :sign0137: this evening. Don't know if I've caught some sort of bug. :(
Off to bed pretty soon, hopefully will be recovered by tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

Oh heck your family sound like mine, :mad::cry: hence why I don't see them any more. We had a falling out that was the result of a long long long LONG drawn out story. Absolutely EVERY moment counts whether she can't remember or not ffs! How do they know that she can't remember or understand? Just because they don't 'in the moment'. Urgh! They better get their fingers out (hope you don't mind my saying that) because if it's anything like how my nana was she ended up being with us physically but not mentally. It's a horrible, horrible, illness, every moment counts. It's incredibly debilitating. She hadn't known me for a long time, I was her favourite grandchild, we had a very close bond. You could see glimpses of recognition but she struggled with my name. In the end she got pneumonia, which took her to hospital. Just before she passed she pulled my face towards her, looked me in the eyes, said my name and 'I love you'. Ah feck I'm off now so better shut up. Sorry :eek:
Hubbie said if it's a new bike that shouldn't happen, a bike shop will be able to sort it so good luck with that hun. I can't ask him anything further as he is at work at the minute. I do know that he uses slicks on the road and chunkier ones off road....sorry don't know the 'technical terminology' ... ;)
Get well soon! Hope it's just an upset tummy.
Oops just noticed - my Achilles is doing better thank you. Lots of ice, stretching and gentle walking, rinse and repeat. Still tender and sore but nothing like the other day. How is the knee? Did you make the class?

Hi hun. I'm sorry I haven't been AWOL for a little while life has been so crazy busy haven't known if I was coming or going just literally had time to sleep. Your still doing so well and you've got the exercise down to a t, I need to get on that bandwagon when I'm back off hols. Talking of which I go away the end of the week so will be gone for a little while again, promise to be back and raring to go tho after the bank holiday x

Pleased to report that I was feeling much better yesterday :)
I think I was possibly a bit hungry and that's what made me feel so ill, and because I felt ill I didn't want to eat which was making it worse. :doh:

Tuesday:
Red day

B - 2 Alpen lights (HExB) & banana. (running late again :rolleyes:)

L - I'd taken my lunch in to work but then decided to have a half-day. So brought it back home and had some fruit 'n' fibre (HExB) with Soya milk (HExA) and linseeds and grape-nuts for lunch instead.

I then proceeded to fry in the garden whilst getting through so much course work so that was v good. Time used wisely and enjoyably :D I even got me legs out and they are a nice shade of pink today :8855:

D - What I'd planned to have for lunch:
3 slices smoked salmon
Egg
Salad: mixed leaves, cucumber, grated carrot and bns, red & white cabbage, pepper, sweetcorn (not synning it)

I also made some iced green tea, was too hot to have it hot (IYKWIM)?
It actually wasn't too bad at all and was quite refreshing. Was much better than I was anticipating.

I then made lunch for tomorrow (cous cous and roasted veg) and (despite giving the quiz a miss as I wanted to have an early night) finished off the day with an Options belgian chocolate sachet (2 syns) and got to bed gone-11:30 :rolleyes:

Smoked salmon and egg salad.jpgIced Green Tea with Orange and Lotus Flower.jpg

No exercise today, Tuesday is my "rest day". :giggle:

HEX A
:checkmark: (1 of 2)
Total Syns: 7.5

Wednesday:
EE day

B - Hot water & lemon. Fruit 'n' fibre (HExB) with Soya milk (HExA) and linseeds and grape-nuts (1 tbsp instead of 2 to decrease the syns).

L - Cous Cous with roasted vegetables and pinto beans (white onion, BNS, courgette, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, pepper, carrot, sweetcorn)
Pear, apple & peach

D - Salmon with stir-fry veg & some of the leftover cous cous

salmon, stir fry & roast veg cous cous.jpg

I have some green tea with strawberry chilling in the fridge which I shall enjoy later. (Should've said that I'm adding 2 tsp of sweetener to the green tea when having it iced). Also plan on having an Options hot choc later on.
I managed to get hold of some Jasmine Green Tea (at ASDA :rolleyes:) last night. Just had a cup and it wasn't very nice. I think I may have brewed for a bit too long but am going to try putting sweetener in next time. It was nothing like the Jasmine tea I had at the restaurant last week :mad:

Exercise for today: I have cycled to work and back :angel09: It was a lovely morning and so warm I had to take me coat off. I also had to take a pretty full, heavy bag with a change of clothes, wash bag, towel, lunch etc in it so am hoping that burned a few extra calories :D It took me about an hour to get there and just less coming back. Planning on cycling to / from group tomorrow which I'm guesstimating will also take about an hour each way (taking the scenic route as opposed to main roads).

So WI tomorrow. It seems to have come round awfully quick this week. I don't know what to expect. Hoping for a loss but got a feeling it won't be a biggie. Hopefully the cycle there will knock an extra half-pound off :fingerscrossed: Not much fancying rocking up in lycra cycle leggings but it's either that of have an un-padded "saddle area" for two hours :crazy:

HEX A
:checkmark: (1 of 2)
Total Syns: 6.5

So I lost 1lb today :) Pretty happy with that.

Cycled to/ from group which was and hour and a half's worth of exercise.

Probably could and should have done more as it was such a lovely day but need to be up at the crack tomorrow as am cycling to work again and have a game of squash tomorrow night too.

Red day

B - Hot water & lemon, Banana

Alpen light (1/2 HExB), another banana & green tea with lemon after WI

L - Fruit 'n' fibre (HExB) with linseeds (3.5 syns) and grape-nuts (1 syn) Soya milk (HExA)

Alpen light (1/2 HExB)

D - Roasted veg (red & green pepper, onion, courgette, cherry tomatoes, kale, sweetcorn (lets call it 1/2 a syn, probably not even enough for that)) with pan fried (in Frylight) Mackrel.

Mackrel & Roasted veg.jpg

With this to follow:
SYn free 'cake'.jpg
Syn-free cake :D

(No, not the WHOLE cake :giggle: had about a quarter tho :D)

I have some apple & pear green tea chilling to have iced in a bit.

I didn't have the hot chocolate in the end last night, so that was 4.5 syns for the day. May have one later tonight although the cake has quelled my sugar craving.

Total syns (up to now): 5

Well done on the loss and the NSV too. :clap: what's 1/2 a syn for the roasted veg which sound lovely btw? too little for oil......got me thinking now... :D

Back