My Maintenance Diary + food pics

The sweetcorn (I think) as I don't think it's free if you're doing red day.
I was just guesstimating as 100g seems to be between 4-5.5 syns but I only had, probs about 2 tbsp at the most.

Just been reading your posts on the team thread. You are super-determined, your hubs is right... If I even think about slacking off my exercise I think about how much you're putting in along with your injury and it gets me off my ar$e :D So thanks :D :D (I may not be saying that tonight when I've ground to a halt. Took over an hour to get to work (cycling) this morning, I think my legs were a bit tired from yesterday. I now have to cycle back again, Via the leisure centre for a game of squash :eek:. Think I may have bitten off more than I can chew really. We'll see).
:bighug:

Not yet at 47 but have cycled 32 miles today. 4 hours 20 mins in blistering heat.

One mile in.jpg15 miles later - the view from the top.jpg
Arms

burned!

Am

exhausted!

Made "barbecue feast" for dinner tonight (made on the griddle not a barbecue - it's the thought that counts) :D.

'barbecue' feast.jpg

Wanted to do the mackerel w/ mango, chilli and lime salsa recipe (from p78 of new SW mag) but when I got to Sainsbury's at 3:40 there was no mackerel left, (also no limes, single courgettes. mint or loose mushrooms) I nearly cried at the man on the fish counter (how pathetic) but I think I was just beyond the point of exhastion, could barely walk and don't know why but came over all emotional when I got back.

Anyway, I gathered myself together and got some quorn sausages (Chef's choice w/ garlic & parsley, a lot nicer than the plain ones) and a pack of two mushroom and spinach burgers. I didn't know how many syns one would be but having read the ingredients thought no-more than about three. Anyway... used the syns calculator online and ONE burger is.... a whopping 10.5 syns!!!!!!! Worth it tho :D Was very yummy.

Right, ibuprofen and bed methinks :D

What a day!!

Andrea81 said:
Yay! minimins is back :D Have been lost without it!!

Hiya chick, I've been awol :-(

Just been catching up with your diary, think I'm gonna come live with you for a week your food looks so delicious :)

Oh and where did minimins go?? Xx

The sweetcorn (I think) as I don't think it's free if you're doing red day.
I was just guesstimating as 100g seems to be between 4-5.5 syns but I only had, probs about 2 tbsp at the most.

Just been reading your posts on the team thread. You are super-determined, your hubs is right... If I even think about slacking off my exercise I think about how much you're putting in along with your injury and it gets me off my ar$e :D So thanks :D :D (I may not be saying that tonight when I've ground to a halt. Took over an hour to get to work (cycling) this morning, I think my legs were a bit tired from yesterday. I now have to cycle back again, Via the leisure centre for a game of squash :eek:. Think I may have bitten off more than I can chew really. We'll see).
:bighug:

Ah red day, get it now. I thought you did green days, but is that for fish? Thanks for the compliment! I see you have been kicking some exercise butt of your own! *post below* wow!!!! GOooooOOOO andrea!

Not yet at 47 but have cycled 32 miles today. 4 hours 20 mins in blistering heat.

View attachment 50758View attachment 50759
Arms

burned!

Am

exhausted!

Made "barbecue feast" for dinner tonight (made on the griddle not a barbecue - it's the thought that counts) :D.

View attachment 50760

Wanted to do the mackerel w/ mango, chilli and lime salsa recipe (from p78 of new SW mag) but when I got to Sainsbury's at 3:40 there was no mackerel left, (also no limes, single courgettes. mint or loose mushrooms) I nearly cried at the man on the fish counter (how pathetic) but I think I was just beyond the point of exhastion, could barely walk and don't know why but came over all emotional when I got back.

Anyway, I gathered myself together and got some quorn sausages (Chef's choice w/ garlic & parsley, a lot nicer than the plain ones) and a pack of two mushroom and spinach burgers. I didn't know how many syns one would be but having read the ingredients thought no-more than about three. Anyway... used the syns calculator online and ONE burger is.... a whopping 10.5 syns!!!!!!! Worth it tho :D Was very yummy.

Right, ibuprofen and bed methinks :D

What a day!!

Yay! minimins is back :D Have been lost without it!!

Me too, the alerts :eek:

Reporting in with a 4.5lb loss! :eek::eek::eek::eek::D :D :D

Don't really know how tbh.... This week has been the most anxious I've felt about weighing in and I go and pull a number like that! I've even been scale-hopping this week, which I never normally do but felt this was the week I'd get a STS. I can't explain the "law unto itself" that is the human body!!

:D :D :D

2.jpgSotW.jpg

And I'm now in the 10s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wee:

Going to update more of my week a bit later, but have been to see mortgage advisor today and have figures and paperwork coming out of my ears so need to gather some stuff together but will be back soon. x

Hiya chick, I've been awol :-(

Just been catching up with your diary, think I'm gonna come live with you for a week your food looks so delicious :)

Oh and where did minimins go?? Xx

Ah, it didn't really go anywhere, it just got infected and the firewall was blocking access. Those who did brave it through got hit by a Trojan Horse IIRC. You probs know this by now, sorry I'm a bit behind. Great to have you back btw, don't be a stranger :bighug:

Ah red day, get it now. I thought you did green days, but is that for fish?

Yeah, if I'm having fish I tend to go for a red day rather than EE as I like to have 2 HEx's. If I'm craving carbs as well then EE is fine too. That's what I love about SW, so flexible (for most of us ;))

The Food Update Post

Right.

Am going to try and remember my food since that last time I posted about it on Sunday. Will probably forget bits :rolleyes:.

Actually just found some piccies I haven't put up yet.
(All breakfasts were Fruit 'n ' fibre (HExB), soya milk, linseeds & grape-nuts unless otherwises stated)

Last Friday's (Green day) lunch:
PICT0842.JPG
coucous, roasted veg, apple, peach, pear.

dinner:
PICT0848.JPG

prawn curry w/rice & w'meal pitta (HExB) This had syns in as I used LF coconut milk and a dine in rice as I was being too lazy too cook the rice from scratch. Also as I was doing green I had to syn the prawns but that was because the prawn syns were less than the pitta I would've had to syn if I'd switched to EE. Can't remember how many syns now tho (don't think it matters now :giggle:) pretty sure I didn't go over 15 for the day, but all my syns were in this one meal.

Saturday: Green day

Banana for brekkie IIRC

Lunch: Leftover curry and rice from last night's dinner.
PICT0849.JPG
I added Quorn-chicken pieces. I cooked in the microwave covered for 12 mins as per instructions but though I wouldn't need to cover them in sauce to do so...WRONG!!! They were tough and like cardbard and I just couldn't eat them and ended up poking them out of the curry and getting myself a w/meal pitta (HExB) to make up for it.

Dinner:
Pasta 'n' sauce (wholemeal garlic & herb, 1 or 2 syns)
Slimming World chips / wedges
W/meal pitta (HExB)

I think I went a bit carb crazy on this day but put it down to all the exercise I did on Friday (2 hours 20mins cycling and 40 mins squash) was just craving carbs (don't think it matters now :giggle:)

Sunday: Green day
(see above, post #82)

Monday: Green day

L - Superspeed soup, vegetable frittata, peach, apple

D - Mushroom & spicach burger, quorn sausages (12.5 syns don't think it matters now :giggle:), w/meal pitta, mango, chilli & lime salsa, stir-fry veggies

Tuesday: Red day

L - Superspeed soup, 2 peaches

D - Mackrel, kale, stir-fry veggies

Options sachet stirred in to 400ml soya milk (HExA)

Wednesday: Green day

L - African sweet potato & butterbean stew (3 syns) Vegetable frittata (3 syns for pasta in frittata)

D - Jacket potato, quorn chilli, chargrilled courgette

PICT0862.JPG

Think my hand slipped with the cayenne and scoth bonnets so I added a little bit of quark (as a syn free substitute to sour cream). Tasted very similar I think.

400ml soya milk (no options sachet the day before WI ;))

Today: EE

No breakfast :eek:

Lunch out with SW group:
S - smoked salmon w/ caper and lemon juice dreassing & salald leaves
M - Mediterreanean roasted vegetables (sweet potato, aubergine, red/yellow pepper, white onion, mushrooms, courgette) w/ haloumi cheese and balsamic glaze. (As well as the sweet potato it also came with potato wedges - looked like they'd been deep fried :mad:). They were quite nice but I only had a few as the rest of the portion was massive.
D - Lemon posset, topped with blueberries and with a (small) choc chip cookie
Jasmine green tea, small triangle of caramel shortcake.

Have no idea of the syns. Hope it wasn't more than 15 but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Have not eaten anything since - was so full and by the time I got home had a decidedly upset tummy - it's fine now. I don't think my body likes high-fat food anymore (tbh I don't think it ever did I just developed a tolerence, christ knows what my arteries looked like :eek:)

I'm feeling hungry now so may have a glass of (soya) milk before I gan to bed.

Ah, thank you Corky (mwah). I've been so happy at work today (and it was really stressy as we had so much extra to do because of dear old Lizzie's anniversary) someone asked me if I was drunk. Lol, chance'd be a fine thing :8855:

Eating out for dinner - spur of the moment thing. Don't know if it's a good idea - 2 days in a row after all.
Not going to drink :sigh: and will hopefully have enough "sensible" things to choose from.

I've not done any exercise since Wednesday :eek: need to get my ar$e in gear over the weekend I think.

Food today: EE day

B - hot water & lemon, 1/2 banana, alpen light (3 syns) (seriously late this morning)

L - Jacket potato, quorn chilli, pear, nectarine, kiwi (which was vile and ended up feeding the bin). *I turned down a coconut rock cake that my friend had brought it, smelled lovely they did too, was trying the whole 'empowerment' theory. It worked. Didn't feel at all deprived.

D - Just the one course tonight, no more of this 3-course malarkey. Had Sea bass and king prawns with mixed salad. It did come with a lemon and chive sauce that I think was made with butter and the fish had been pan fried, but apart from that was syn-free :D So hopefully not more than 15 but I really don't know about butter as it's not something I've ever eaten (even before SW). Wish I could've taken a picture but didn't want to be all weird and embarrassing :8855: Drank a pint of diet coke and had a green tea when I got home.

If you're interested in suggestions for green tea get a tin from Starbucks, it's by far the best "plain" green tea I've had. The bags are quite a size so best to have as big a cup as possible.

Ooh, nearly forgot. I had a 35g serving of cereal when I got in from work so that alpen bar will have to be synned :(

I went to view a house tonight. Was supposed to be seeing two just doors away from each-other but got a phone call at work to say the first one had exchanged contracts :( Naturally, that was the cheaper one. This one wasn't for me. Nice enough but had too many negatives that I can't afford to get fixed (and was probably out of my price-range). Haven't even sorted out my mortgage deal yet so am going to hang-fire on the viewings until that gets sorted. Yet another thing to add to my "too much going on" list. Not under pressure to move though so am going to take my time and make sure I get precisely what I want (that's the plan anyway).

Yep absolutely don't rush it! We did but we didn't have much choice we were really up against it time wise. I wouldn't have moved where we did if we had more time. If you aren't in a hurry take all the time you need. It's a MASSIVE commitment so you are doing right by taking it slowly.

Back